Cebrin

Reaction score
I used to get upset
Now I just laugh and smh
om3i.gif

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
When you don’t care if you miss games. I’ve turned off a couple games this year and I’m going to miss the one tomorrow.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
For over 40 years now, I used to go into every season memorizing the schedule of our first 5 or 6 games...home and away....this year, I've not known....or cared about....our next opponent until late the week prior....why freaking bother??? I have FINALLY accepted the fact that until Jerry can no longer take a breath, we are not winning anything....period!!! And that may include Stephen who hoards FA money like its being pulled directly out of his front pocket. Anyone with me on this, or experiencing any thing similar?

When I was 11 years old, I went into a rage when Dwight Clarke caught "The Catch." IN my 20s, I would try to stay clear from everyone for the rest of the day when the Cowboys lost ganes.

I am now 50.... and yea, I dont care as much, but it is only because I have experienced time in a war, lost both parents, lost my father-in-law, have raised 4 daughters, bought 2 houses, sold one house, am 15 years into a teaching career, had a former student put a shotgun in her mouth and blow her head off, watched my wife's career take off, coached 2 of the best HS softball teams to ever come out of our area and coached 20 years of club ball and basically experienced life. Along the way, I grew up and I realized that if the Cowboys win a SB or not it didnt change my life, and conversely if they lose a game and even stink like now, it has ZERO impact on the quality of my life.

So yea, I dont care as much, but it has ZERO to do with Jerry, its called getting smart.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
zeke killed 2 of his drives with fumbles, gallup dropped and easy td, and the ref killed a good give by not calling PI. Maybe he will look better without those

Yeah, I think Dalton is getting a pretty bad rap...the line is even worse than when Dak was in there, Zeke has fumbleitis and even one of our most clutch receivers is dropping easy passes. Can't really blame that on Dalton.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I mean, I used to plan my Sundays around the Cowboys game...

Maybe it’s getting older, maybe it’s having kids, maybe it’s just year after year of futility....

I still watch. But I have no qualms about missing the have to do something with the kids ... or if it was warmer, I’d easily go golfing over watching the game.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dalton averaged less than 5 yards per attempt against Arizona and had 2 INTs.

Hard to do worse than that, so we should see some improvement at QB.

And I understand the OPs point. A quarter century of futility has dampened my once unquenchable enthusiasm also.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Haven't decided if I will stream the game or not. Just unsure if I want the aggravation.

If I don't then I'll have to watch houston-denver.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am excited and looking forward to the game on Sunday. I want the cowboys to improve and win the division.

Quit watching football until you stop sounding so pathetic

Why would you want them to win the division? Some would say THAT is pathetic.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I mean, I used to plan my Sundays around the Cowboys game...

Maybe it’s getting older, maybe it’s having kids, maybe it’s just year after year of futility....

I still watch. But I have no qualms about missing the have to do something with the kids ... or if it was warmer, I’d easily go golfing over watching the game.
My Sundays are still 99.9% reserved for cowboys games. Very little makes me miss a game.

coult44

Reaction score
There is plenty to have fun watching. 3 really good receivers, center and 2 guards stepping up and playing well, dalton improving as he gets used to the team, schultz, randy gregory coming back, dlaw stepping up, interior dl guys stepping up, cheeto coming back, lee coming back

6or7 major starters getting injured sucks, but lets see what happens

dude, DLAW and the rest of the DL are the worst In the NFL. Connor Williams should quit and McGovern isn’t good either. I want to see Lee , Cheeto, and Randy, but let’s be real

blumayne38

Reaction score
Try liquor and drugs.

At the same time on Sunday starting at noon.

End after the Sunday Night Game where they will lead off their review of the other games with who humiliated Dallas that day.

Pass out knowing next Sunday is coming.

:oops:
I try that everyday, lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It is just a strange season. It is difficult to be interested in football with all the struggles. It is even worse that dallas sucks.

Jesus....Now we are blaming covid for a crappy year. :laugh:

When can we blame global warming for the sun being too bright??? Players dropping passes because the leather is too slick to handle.

Might as well buy stock in plastic...because everyone is gonna have to wear shields to play football from now on.

Anymore excuses Jerry can come up with why we suck..that absolves him from any responsibility?

fivetwos

Reaction score
My favorite part is when Jerry Jones talks after the game!!!

I love Jerry Jones and what he has to say!!!

I love his radio shows. It teaches me about football.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will say that I've worn down, but, I'm still a fan. Even as just a few years ago I was the kind of guy that would get up and start verbally celebrating big touchdown plays, good defensive stops, etc. etc. I've found my excitement for those kind of things have really toned down lately. Just feels like some of the excitement is gone. A major chunk of that is the Cowboys same song and dance every season and part of that is the league. When you watch somebody tackle your WR on a route and get no flag and then 5 plays later your team gets a flag for a ticky-tacky PI. Things like that just take the air out of my sail. Too much ref input.

The bright side to all of this is that I used to get bummed when the Boys lost. Sometimes it would ruin my Sunday evening. Anymore? That's gone. I just go about my day. Just another day as a Cowboys fan. haha

With all that said, I still torture myself and try to watch every game I can.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When you don’t care if you miss games. I’ve turned off a couple games this year and I’m going to miss the one tomorrow.

Yup. He's starting to squirm a bit after the the anonymous voice of discontent. I am very interested in tomorrows game, and not for the reasons we'd like to be. If we win, Jerry will proclaim we are back on track...and there will be some truth to that in this pathetic division. Lose, and we won't win another game this season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For over 40 years now, I used to go into every season memorizing the schedule of our first 5 or 6 games...home and away....this year, I've not known....or cared about....our next opponent until late the week prior....why freaking bother??? I have FINALLY accepted the fact that until Jerry can no longer take a breath, we are not winning anything....period!!! And that may include Stephen who hoards FA money like its being pulled directly out of his front pocket. Anyone with me on this, or experiencing any thing similar?

I'm not emotionally invested anymore. While I still hope the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl I no longer have delusions that the two morons running the show can actually make that happen. I really don't see how anyone could look at the track records of Booger & Son and convince themselves otherwise.

The Dallas Cowboys are going nowhere as long as this organizational structure remains intact. Fire coaches, draft this guy, cut that guy, it doesn't matter.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not emotionally invested anymore. While I still hope the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl I no longer have delusions that the two morons running the show can actually make that happen. I really don't see how anyone could look at the track records of Booger & Son and convince themselves otherwise.

The Dallas Cowboys are going nowhere as long as this organizational structure remains intact. Fire coaches, draft this guy, cut that guy, it doesn't matter.
You are by a longshot, my favorite poster here.

Thank you.

Edit...Bobhaze also to be fair. Thanks to you both.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
To be honest, being a Canadian and following this team for over 30 years there is very little to look forward to. As a fan of this team in particular I can put up with losing seasons as long as the players and ownership both show a willingness to do their best to put the best product on the field. I have watch manyyyyy years of football and watch teams with less than half our talent who go out week after week giving it their all. I am not sure for how many years I watch many Cowboys football games where it 100% looks like half the guys don't give a crap about how they perform.

Yeah Jerry wants to win more than any other owner in pro sports...the problem is he does not know how to win, or will listen to others on how to do so. His offspring are carbon copies of him, and when we as fans see that ownership is totally clueless knowing what needs to be done, we as fans learn to be apathetic and are at the point of not giving a crap either. Do we watch every game? I sure as hell do...do I wonder week after week after week, after week why I do so? Yeah..the easy thing to do is be a KC fan right now.