Where are the splash plays in Zeke’s game?

Cmac

Reaction score
The film doesnt lie. Oline is doing their job and Zeke keeps laying turds.
I'm sure the OL would have loved having you in the film room to convince everybody that's not a missed block.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
…..then JG & Kellen should let Pollard get the 20 carries...….then tell me about it. Be careful what you're wishing. Every Defensive Coordinator would start laughing at the Organization. BTW....can't we say the Sample Size is rather skewed?

1. Yes they should
2. We already get laughed at for giving Zeke 20 Carries and it resulting in us losing the Jets and Vikes game. D coordinators wouldn't be laughing when we are scoring on them at an even higher rate.
3. Nope we have enough sample size from Pollard at this point. BTW.... total yards would be skewed by sample size, yards per carry wouldn't.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm sure the OL would have loved having you in the film room to convince everybody that's not a missed block.

Zeke the great cant handle a missed block here and there? Proves my point.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are wrong @kskboys Emmitt had a ton of splash plays. I decided to go back and look at old game logs on pro football reference. For a running back splash plays are plays that gain 10+ yard and chunk plays of 20+ yards.

Chunk plays for touchdowns Emmitt had 23.
Splash plays Emmitt had 14.

37 of Emmitt's 175 touchdowns came from 10+ yards out. 21.1 percent of his total touchdowns. So about 1 in 5 touchdowns were big plays.

I think people get caught up on the highlights because Barry Sanders scored 51% of his touchdowns his 109 touchdowns on 10 plus yards out.

Which included 30 percent of runs were from 20+ out.

Now Sanders is an anomaly. If that's what you're getting at I agree. They don't have game logs before 1994 on running and passing plays.
We'll never agree on this. You're going on stats, I'm going on watching the games.

Johnny23

Reaction score
We'll never agree on this. You're going on stats, I'm going on watching the games.
I am too. I saw Emmitt play in the 90s. I saw him bang out the 10,11,12,13 yard runs after going for 3 yards here,4 yards there,5 yards here. Boom you get a big run. Obviously he wasn't a home run hitter like Barry but he wasn't as void of big plays as you're making him out to be.

His most iconic run the Monday night football game in 1993 vs. Atlanta when he ran out of the pack that made the NFL 100 list. Was a chunk play.

So was the run where he shoulder was injured in the Cold Shoulder game that made the top 100 list as well.

His game clinching td in his career high 235 yard game against philly on Halloween in 1993 was a chuck play.

Emmitt was a balanced runner with a little more wiggle than he gets credit for who definitely was a grinder.

We definitely aren't going to agree with this but the numbers don't lie. I know what I saw growing up as a Cowboys fan.