Where are the splash plays in Zeke’s game?

Cmac

Reaction score
Who is currently making #1 at their position and is not performing to it?
Is it about another man's pockets (Zeke) that bothers you? That's been the theme from the beginning.....hence.....Zeke is the 2019 Fall Guy. Been so back before Game 1, and is now. You're not gonna convince me to blame Zeke alone regarding the 'Boys. the running game or anything that you fail/refuse to witness on Sundays

Cmac

Reaction score
Not one person on the OL isn't earning their money. That unit ranks #2 in the NFL. Zeke is the most expensive rb in NFL history and he's rarely been the best rb on the field any given sunday this year. .
Film don't lie......if you think that's great run blocking...…….we, Zeke, and the Great Pollard are in trouble.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Is it about another man's pockets (Zeke) that bothers you? That's been the theme from the beginning.....hence.....Zeke is the 2019 Fall Guy. Been so back before Game 1, and is now. You're not gonna convince me to blame Zeke alone regarding the 'Boys. the running game or anything that you fail/refuse to witness on Sundays
It is not about another man's pocket that bothers me, its about allocation of resources for the team that bothers me. Would you be okay if they paid Zeke 100% of every salary dollar possible and the only team member on the "team" was Zeke to play all 1 spots? I would hope not. There is something called a salary cap and if it is not managed then it makes it harder to build a good football team.

I would like to see you paste where I said that Zeke was the only one under performing and is the fall guy. Also, I am still waiting for you to post who is currently making #1 money on the OL at their position.

Batman1980

Reaction score
This is the kind of game you'd like your $108 million runningback to show up for and make a difference in.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One problem is our offensive line is no where near as good as people think it is.

In fact it's very overrated

I'm afraid you're right about that. Injuries seem to have taken a cruel toll on their ability to run block. The running lanes have disappeared, where they were there before, despite practically everything opponents did to stop it. Oddly enough, it hasn't affected their pass protection. Perhaps we'll see what happens now if we start using the pass more to set up the run. Evidently, something fairly radical needs to be done to affect change. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zeke's skills have deteriorated to some extent, also but not enough to make that much of a difference, in and of itself.

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
It is not about another man's pocket that bothers me, its about allocation of resources for the team that bothers me. Would you be okay if they paid Zeke 100% of every salary dollar possible and the only team member on the "team" was Zeke to play all 1 spots? I would hope not. There is something called a salary cap and if it is not managed then it makes it harder to build a good football team.

I would like to see you paste where I said that Zeke was the only one under performing and is the fall guy. Also, I am still waiting for you to post who is currently making #1 money on the OL at their position.
On that theory.....I guess Dak "you ain't gonna get paid". As for the Fall Guy....you don't see that's been the theme since the holdout?, you don't think that's what is done on this board.....single out a few for a lot of mess, praise a few …..as the OL....they all have been paid.....I'm sorry they didn't get the Highest Paid mantle, but they've been compensated and deservedly, but they ain't run blocking like the pay warrants.....that's for sure. All cool....we'll blame Zeke BEFORE the Patriot game.....just to keep it simple and real. No problem. As for the Fall Guy.....Zeke isn't the first....its what we do on here and JG got a list of players he's put on that list too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude tony pollards biggest run is like 2 yards longer than Zekes. The RB from Green Bay longest run is 16 yards. Y'all are delusional man.

The dude from GB isn’t the highest paid TB in the league who got that contract because he’s expected to make big plays in the running game.

quickccc

Reaction score
While l somewhat agree with you Hawk, Zeke just doesn't seem to play with the same fire every game like he used to. Maybe it's just frustration on his part because his blocking isn't consistent either, but something is just not right with him...

I don't think he has anything to do with his ifi
Zeke was quite average in goal line and situational short yardage runs last year.

Sooooo

Last year: Scott linehan
This year: Kellen Moore
You dont see KM trying to pass all three downs at the 5 yard line like linehan

Sooooo... that's the leading reason why Zeke is more productive in these goal line situations

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dude tony pollards biggest run is like 2 yards longer than Zekes. The RB from Green Bay longest run is 16 yards. Y'all are delusional man.
Yes, it's only 2 yards longer than Zeke's but he's also had 143 fewer attempts to do better.

Zeke was supposed to be a generational back with a special blend of speed and power which enabled him to take it to the house at any given moment and get the tough dirty yards when needed. I believe that's the player people want to see and Zeke has not been that player in a long time. When big plays could be made and that track star speed could be utilized, we just haven't seen it on display. Instead, we have excuses like this guy had an angle, he hasn't had a big enough hole, the boxes are stacked, yada yada yada.

In the Jets game we had an All-Pro, future hall of fame offensive lineman and the generational RB out in the open field against a 2nd year safety. Fred Beard and Zeke vs. Maye in the open field and Maye won the battle limiting Zeke to only a 12 yard gain. That should be unacceptable.

Zeke does a lot of great things but splash plays have been significantly lacking and him being a home run threat for a really big play has been totally absent for years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zeke caught 77 balls last year. How was he not featured?

Also what makes you think Zeke is soo good as a pass catcher we should be ha ING him run more routes in space?

Is it his lack of burst that will have him winning over top and his lack of and foot speed that will have him winning in tight space across the middle? Was it the 2 catches per game he averaged in college?

Or is it just your ferverent wish that he's good at doing something he's never been asked to do on his prep and pro career?
You're arguing a bunch of things I didn't say, try reading.

The yards per route run metric is beyond stupid, is my only point here.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yes, it's only 2 yards longer than Zeke's but he's also had 143 fewer attempts to do better.

Zeke was supposed to be a generational back with a special blend of speed and power which enabled him to take it to the house at any given moment and get the tough dirty yards when needed. I believe that's the player people want to see and Zeke has not been that player in a long time. When big plays could be made and that track star speed could be utilized, we just haven't seen it on display. Instead, we have excuses like this guy had an angle, he hasn't had a big enough hole, the boxes are stacked, yada yada yada.

In the Jets game we had an All-Pro, future hall of fame offensive lineman and the generational RB out in the open field against a 2nd year safety. Fred Beard and Zeke vs. Maye in the open field and Maye won the battle limiting Zeke to only a 12 yard gain. That should be unacceptable.

Zeke does a lot of great things but splash plays have been significantly lacking and him being a home run threat for a really big play has been totally absent for years.

Really nice post man. You really nailed my production expectation level based on contract.

Your description matches exactly what I expect every week. As a pro Zeke guy I am pissed at his year of inconsistency thus far. His Eagle game, as I've alluded to in other posts, stands out as the one true dominant showing where all his physical traits were on display. He did not play like that before or now, after the Eagle game.

I still hold out hope, but if the substandard production continues I fear Zeke fast becoming just another addition to the Cowboys list of overpaid contract mistakes.
And the group of people saying RBs should not be paid top dollar contracts for their various reasons would be proven right in my opinion.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Really nice post man. You really nailed my production expectation level based on contract.

Your description matches exactly what I expect every week. As a pro Zeke guy I am pissed at his year of inconsistency thus far. His Eagle game, as I've alluded to in other posts, stands out as the one true dominant showing where all his physical traits were on display. He did not play like that before or now, after the Eagle game.

I still hold out hope, but if the substandard production continues I fear Zeke fast becoming just another addition to the Cowboys list of overpaid contract mistakes.
And the group of people saying RBs should not be paid top dollar contracts for their various reasons would be proven right in my opinion.
My feeling is that we spent the 4th overall draft pick and then gave a top dollar contract for Demarco Murray. Really good bell cow running back but nothing dynamic. Had Zeke kept playing like he did in 2016, my perception would be different.

jblaze2004

Reaction score

What does this have to do with ZEKE our 90million dollar running back splash plays. And btw splash plays include receiving plays.
Aaron Jones the Green Bay running back longest run is 28 yards and the longest receiving play is 67 yards.

And I like Zeke but Zeke isn't Zeke we know. I mean I see arm tackles that are bringing him to the ground. Maybe he is too top-heavy now because tackles he use to break at the legs bring him down now.
Playing RB is about balance also. He might of got too top heavy which is throwing off his balance which in turn is making those little arm tackles at the legs cause him to stumble and fall.

Now head on and he squares up on you. He is a bull. He will go foward.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Zeke u can't ready tell his weight because now he wear big clothes and plays the game with those big sleeves.
Why did he switch to wearing those sleeves by the way? Is it to help with fumbling?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
But nobody can deny Elliott lacks the burst he had. When guys use to have angles on him he still could turn the corner and go.
I wonder if he is nursing a disclosed injury that may be effecting his play.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

This is just one play but a good example (along with Baldinger’s video) showing what’s going on with Zeke.

75boyz

Reaction score
My feeling is that we spent the 4th overall draft pick and then gave a top dollar contract for Demarco Murray. Really good bell cow running back but nothing dynamic. Had Zeke kept playing like he did in 2016, my perception would be different.

Mine too. As you so perfectly described his physical make up and potential level, his corresponding performance level should meet the contract paycheck level. And it ain't.
I haven't given up, but like you said, unless he "returns to previous form" (ie circa 2016 style), I fear the worst.

Now Zeke, Please go and prove me wrong..., lol!