Where can we do better as Cowboy fans?

blumayne38

Reaction score
How can we help the organization and team each day from here on out until the end of the season?
Take a big brown bag and slide it right over our faces. Then take a big giant sharpie and write “ You’re fired, sincerely the fans.”

starfan1

Reaction score
:lmao: No offense to starfan but I read that a couple times and gave up.
None taken I just proof read it and I gave up lol. Essentially I was asking Steve who at the ranch was talking about making a billboard basically protesting Jerry

I forgot who it was but I think it was LeeBair

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I still spend money on the Cowboys, and I always will, no matter how stupid the owner is and no matter how pathetic this team is. I support the team, but I can do nothing to fix the problems. All I can do is rant and rave to my wife and everyone here, or cry in private and loathe myself. What am I going to do, not watch? Now, if every fan decided to rise up in unison and nobody showed up to the stadium, then maybe we see a change...but if I spend money on a new jersey or not makes no difference one way or another in terms of the product on the field (but whose jersey do you really want to spend money on right now??) In terms of supporting the organization this season? You can buy a ticket to a game if you want to spend your money to watch a garbage product live.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, written plenty of those myself.
At our old stomping grounds...."The ranch". Epic thread like this one...musta been like 2014? The OP wanted to invest in a giant billboard sign expressing his...concern....about The Cowboys. As if would change things or even bother Jerry.

A fellow named "Lee" was a little bit of a character. Maybe a little like Pappy? Only worse. :D. He would be a good candidate for such silliness. He might even be here.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8. Insist On Immediate Action, Not Promises

People with narcissistic personalities are good at making promises. They promise to do what you want and not to do that thing you hate. They promise to generally do better.

And they might even be sincere about these promises. But make no mistake about it: The promise is a means to an end for someone with a narcissistic personality.

Once they get what they want, the motivation is gone. You can’t count on their actions matching their words.

Ask for what you want and stand your ground. Insist that you’ll only fulfill their requests after they’ve fulfilled yours.

Don’t give in on this point. Consistency will help drive it home.

- Healthline, 10 Tips for Dealing with a Narcissistic Personality
How can we help the organization and team each day from here on out until the end of the season?
There are two choices:

1. Continue the same decades old tried-and-fail methods or
2. Attempt a new course of action

Communication is the best way to influence a narcissist like Jerry Jones. First, identify who Jerry Jones voluntarily communicates with only a regular basis outside his comfort bubble. Discover who Jerry Jones listens to for input outside his inner circle. Express personal discontent concerning Jerry Jones GM stewardship only (do not deviate from this central theme) to members of the media. These are the voices Jerry Jones pays any attention. Keep hammering at these people until they regularly question Jones about his static, unchanging, stranglehold on his franchise's football operations.

Secondly, individuals can take personal responsibility when they are within Jones' vision and hearing. If anyone attends games inside or outside the stadium, they should make their voice heard. Chant "Jerry Jones Sucks as GM!" They should display physical expressions of discontentment with Jones as GM. Take signs with "Jerry Jones Sucks as GM!" and hold them clearly for Jones AND, more importantly, network cameras to see.

Creating real inner frustration within Jones is the key to moderating his life-long established selfish behavior. Shake up the man where it matters most: between... his... ears.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Honestly you have to hurt Jerry's feelings, If enough Cowboys fans held mini protest at games calling for a real GM it would get televised.....the problem is even if he hired one, who is calling the shots....he wont sell the team so we are short on options...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly you have to hurt Jerry's feelings, If enough Cowboys fans held mini protest at games calling for a real GM it would get televised.....the problem is even if he hired one, who is calling the shots....he wont sell the team so we are short on options...
You have a point but how much interference that a qualified football executive would experience from Jones is speculation right now. What we know now, and have known for decades, is what Jones has done as general manager.

Hopefully getting beyond an inflexible long-standing problem will present a solution. Maybe it will not but getting passed the static issue is the first step that has not been taken. Yet.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You have a point but how much interference that a qualified football executive would experience from Jones is speculation right now. What we know now, and have known for decades, is what Jones has done as general manager.

Hopefully getting beyond an inflexible long-standing problem will present a solution. Maybe it will not but getting passed the static issue is the first step that has not been taken. Yet.

Completely agree lets start with a GM hire and see what happens...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Easy. Stop spending money, attending games and watching on TV. If you can’t do all then do what you can. And not just this year but until he steps down.

A huge hit on revenue is only means to get his attention. Currently we are sending him the wrong message with #1 in Revenue.

It would be like continuing going to the worse restaurant in town even if the food sucked. Why would you support it?

the problem is we are not the worst restaurant in town, Texas Rangers have zero titles and are the worst of the big 4 in DFW for the most losing season and most season not ending up in a championship series, stars have a grand total of one, and the mavs a grand total of one, so 2 titles from 3 other pro sports teams and Dallas has 5 , 3 from the jonses.. look around took KC 50years to get another, took Philly 60 to get ONE, etc etc examples all over where we may have some bad reviews a year here and there but by far NOT the worst restaurant in town..ad din this is football town and always will be, so even if the quality drops off some , fans will still come

we are right dab in the middle most years and above it enough to be relative and far as boycotts go, they wont work, half the stadium is full of corporates seat options and employees and owner go to just go, 1/4 of seats are singles that are die hard and wont quit going, that leaves about 1/4 of the seats you might be able to try and boycott but uh oh the other teams fans buy them out , either way the revenue stays up..

we have never been the browns type bottom feeders that stayed losing for a decade, not ever in the history of the DC have we been that bad and when you are relevant, have winning seasons or close to it where hope stays alive, fans stay and you wont make changes you are hoping for by making this stand you will never get accomplished..

look over here ,right in front of you, you are discussing the DC on a site that bares their name, people will watch regardless and that sells, talk show's will talk about them., its why we get prime time slots no matter what..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
the problem is we are not the worst restaurant in town, Texas Rangers have zero titles and are the worst of the big 4 in DFW for the most losing season and most season not ending up in a championship series, stars have a grand total of one, and the mavs a grand total of one, so 2 titles from 3 other pro sports teams and Dallas has 5 , 3 from the jonses.. look around took KC 50years to get another, took Philly 60 to get ONE, etc etc examples all over where we may have some bad reviews a year here and there but by far NOT the worst restaurant in town..ad din this is football town and always will be, so even if the quality drops off some , fans will still come

we are right dab in the middle most years and above it enough to be relative and far as boycotts go, they wont work, half the stadium is full of corporates seat options and employees and owner go to just go, 1/4 of seats are singles that are die hard and wont quit going, that leaves about 1/4 of the seats you might be able to try and boycott but uh oh the other teams fans buy them out , either way the revenue stays up..

we have never been the browns type bottom feeders that stayed losing for a decade, not ever in the history of the DC have we been that bad and when you are relevant, have winning seasons or close to it where hope stays alive, fans stay and you wont make changes you are hoping for by making this stand you will never get accomplished..

look over here ,right in front of you, you are discussing the DC on a site that bares their name, people will watch regardless and that sells, talk show's will talk about them., its why we get prime time slots no matter what..

Your not going to be able to start change by hurting Jerry's money..he has way too many avenues making it for him, plus you couldn't get people to stop going. You can embarrass him thoug as enough people would hold signs and wear sack saying hire a GM at games to get the networks to start working on him...that could work.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your not going to be able to start change by hurting Jerry's money..he has way too many avenues making it for him, plus you couldn't get people to stop going. You can embarrass him thoug as enough people would hold signs and wear sack saying hire a GM at games to get the networks to start working on him...that could work.

im sorry but Jerrys the GM in name only hes figure head that likes the tile, we both know Mcclay and Stephen plays stable of scouts and the coaches make most of the decsions here.

the narrative is an old one from fans and you are fooling yourself if you still think Jerrys the actual GM.. he let that go like at minimum 55years ago but as far as public perception goes, hes the GM..

even if he hired GM owners and FO still can override a GM...they all have the last word, its their teams and their money..

Im not saying i wouldn't want Jerry to come out and say we are hiring a GM but in reality's hes not the everyday GM anymore. You can try and argue your point i wont debate it its been quite obvious by lot of decsions NOT made hes not the one making final decsions on players.. of course he can override them but its really democracy up there with McClay and the scouting department bringing in the names and coaches and Jonses all agreeing on them with input from everyone..

Mistakes are made by others teams processes as well ALL THE TIME..no one perfect our drafts have not been bad and this years injury's have led to issues and made this all see worse then it actually is..

Hopefully the new voices and input from this staff in the upcoming draft/FA will get the defense headed in the right direction quickly..will take more then one off season but im expecting better offseason for 2021..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hypnosis, it's our only chance. Someone just has to get close enough to Jerry to put him under:laugh:
Storm the castle? Clockwork Orange therapy? Hide his JWB? Capsize his boat?
Running out of ideas...
giphy.gif