Where can we do better as Cowboy fans?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Stop watching the games when the Cowboys are putting an inferior product on the field. We can't do anything about the team not being able to outplay the inferior coaching but we can affect the viewership of the game which does get measured and gets back to ownership. Stop watching this season. Get MM fired. We have no chance of winning with this fat man's cute coaching style. He is washed up and taking this team down with him.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Who knows , we’ve never forced the issue. Instead we’ve rewarded him with mediocrity. I’d argue we have been sending him the wrong message.

We rewarded him with mediocrity? Seems that's more what he rewarded us with. There is nothing you or I can do to sway Jerry Jones. Greater men with volumes more of experience and wisdom than this entire forum have tried to change his path. He won't do it. He sees no reason to have a middle-man when he's the final say, and will do what he wants anyway.

Our only hope is Stephen righting the ship by hiring a real front office and getting out of the way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We rewarded him with mediocrity? Seems that's more what he rewarded us with. There is nothing you or I can do to sway Jerry Jones. Greater men with volumes more of experience and wisdom than this entire forum have tried to change his path. He won't do it. He sees no reason to have a middle-man when he's the final say, and will do what he wants anyway.

Our only hope is Stephen righting the ship by hiring a real front office and getting out of the way.
Of course we didn’t create mediocrity. I meant we have rewarded our ownership with #1 revenue as a result of mediocrity on the field .

My point is we haven’t given him the right message with our record revenue. He must assume we are very happy with the results.

And I agree he will do what he wants . But why should we continue providing him #1 in revenue?

There should be a financial cost to him for doing it his way with the results he’s had.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Voicing our concerns doesn’t need to make an impact to ease our pain. But we have seen how he reacts to public opinion. Its not always the reaction we’d hope for. Keeping the pressure on is worthwhile regardless the reactions.

Name ONE thing that is verifiable that the whining and complaining fans got Jones to change.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Name ONE thing that is verifiable that the whining and complaining fans got Jones to change.
He certainly didn’t want to let Garrett go.

And he’s made other coaching changes along the way serving as Damage Control to the public outcries.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Are you in favor of rewarding our ownership with #1 revenue with the results this era?

Normally record revenue is connected to success on the field.

All NFL owners make about the same amount of money. They all get the same percentage of TV revenue, marketing revenue, and ticket sales revenue. The only difference in net revenue is the amount that they have to pay for things other than players like coaches, administrative and their share of stadium costs and things like that. What you're talking about is what the Cowboys are worth and they are the #1 sports franchise in the world and that's set by market value and not the number of games they win in any given year. They take the amount of money it would take to buy the Cowboys and the huge fan base they have as reasons for ranking them #1 in the world for sports franchises.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All NFL owners make about the same amount of money. They all get the same percentage of TV revenue, marketing revenue, and ticket sales revenue. The only difference in net revenue is the amount that they have to pay for things other than players like coaches, administrative and their share of stadium costs and things like that. What you're talking about is what the Cowboys are worth and they are the #1 sports franchise in the world and that's set by market value and not the number of games they win in any given year. They take the amount of money it would take to buy the Cowboys and the huge fan base they have as reasons for ranking them #1 in the world for sports franchises.
While the TV revenue is equally shared the biggest difference is in stadium revenue which the Cowboys having the largest stadium is quite an advantage which includes parking, concessions and merchandise . And stadium sponsorship.

Here’s a list of revenue generated in 2019 NOT net value of the team. Dallas leads most teams by about 2 folds. Take a look.

Revenue in million U.S. dollars
Dallas Cowboys 980
New England Patriots 630
New York Giants 547
Houston Texans 530
Washington Football Team 504
San Francisco 49ers 530
Philadelphia Eagles 509
New York Jets 497
Atlanta Falcons 467
Green Bay Packers 485
Chicago Bears 477
Denver Broncos 470
Miami Dolphins 461

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
While the TV revenue is equally shared the biggest difference is in stadium revenue which the Cowboys having the largest stadium is quite an advantage which includes parking, concessions and merchandise . And stadium sponsorship.

Here’s a list of revenue generated in 2019 NOT net value of the team. Dallas leads most teams by about 2 folds. Take a look.

Revenue in million U.S. dollars
Dallas Cowboys 980
New England Patriots 630
New York Giants 547
Houston Texans 530
Washington Football Team 504
San Francisco 49ers 530
Philadelphia Eagles 509
New York Jets 497
Atlanta Falcons 467
Green Bay Packers 485
Chicago Bears 477
Denver Broncos 470
Miami Dolphins 461

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/

First off any merchandise that bares a team name or logo and NFL logo on it the revenue is shared with the entire league. it doesn't matter if it's sold in stadiums, NFL's own shopping website or any other website that sell NFL merchandise. I'll give concessions you because some companies pay more for the rights in their stadium than others in other stadiums. The ticket sales the home team gets 60% and the away team gets 40% of the ticket sales. Stadiums, some teams like the packers the city paid for the stadium and it's upgrades, when the browns left Cleveland Baltimore built them their stadium to get them to move, Jones had to pay 750 mil for his share of AT&T stadium. Parking, just like the concessions companies bid for those contracts too. The lion's share of the owners income for their team comes from their share of the TV contracts, their share of ticket sales and NFL merchandise.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do whatever that brings you joy. Go all out an root for your team, or don't. Just don't let anything like watching sports make you miserable.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a fan, my role is to either watch the team, or decide I'm tired of watching the team. I also have choices on whether to buy merchandise or not. That's it. The team - ownership, management, coaches and players - have the responsibility for making the team better.

I know what some will say … if more fans quit watching and buying merchandise it might send a message. I don't think most fans are interested in rebellion or making a statement, they just want their weekly dose of athletic competition, or a diversion from the other parts of their lives.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As a fan, my role is to either watch the team, or decide I'm tired of watching the team. I also have choices on whether to buy merchandise or not. That's it. The team - ownership, management, coaches and players - have the responsibility for making the team better.

I know what some will say … if more fans quit watching and buying merchandise it might send a message. I don't think most fans are interested in rebellion or making a statement, they just want their weekly dose of athletic competition, or a diversion from the other parts of their lives.
I agree.

But if we wanted to get our owners attention to possibly bring about change impacting his revenue could certainly be a viable option.

Rewarding him with the top revenue in the league might not be sending the right message.

Most fans aren’t really interested in making an effort as such. And why we will probably never see the change most of feel is necessary.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First off any merchandise that bares a team name or logo and NFL logo on it the revenue is shared with the entire league. it doesn't matter if it's sold in stadiums, NFL's own shopping website or any other website that sell NFL merchandise. I'll give concessions you because some companies pay more for the rights in their stadium than others in other stadiums. The ticket sales the home team gets 60% and the away team gets 40% of the ticket sales. Stadiums, some teams like the packers the city paid for the stadium and it's upgrades, when the browns left Cleveland Baltimore built them their stadium to get them to move, Jones had to pay 750 mil for his share of AT&T stadium. Parking, just like the concessions companies bid for those contracts too. The lion's share of the owners income for their team comes from their share of the TV contracts, their share of ticket sales and NFL merchandise.
I’m not sure of your response here. I was responding to you saying the Cowboys aren’t generating more revenue than the other teams which is obviously false.

“ All NFL owners make about the same amount of money”.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.

But if we wanted to get our owners attention to possibly bring about change impacting his revenue could certainly be a viable option.

Rewarding him with the top revenue in the league might not be sending the right message.

Most fans aren’t really interested in making an effort as such. And why we will probably never see the change most of feel is necessary.
I don't disagree that notably lower revenue would get Jerry's attention, I just don't think it's the fan's responsibility to do anything more than to make the personal choice to watch or not watch, or buy tickets and/or merchandise or not buy merchandise. If those individual choices collectively result in lower revenue for the team, so be it.

What I disagree with - and I'm not saying this is you - is people who berate fans that continue being the fan they always were. In other words, going to games, buying a jersey or whatever. If a person decides to be that kind of fan, that is their choice, and not something they should be berated for. And the funny thing is those that speak harshly about those kinds of fans continue to watch games on TV even though TV revenue is a massive source of income for the teams and the league.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Jerry should start paying us for waving the Cowboy flag. The old cowboy teams were in playoff hunt every year, just about. We're going to hit 25 years of Cleveland Brown football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't disagree that notably lower revenue would get Jerry's attention, I just don't think it's the fan's responsibility to do anything more than to make the personal choice to watch or not watch, or buy tickets and/or merchandise or not buy merchandise. If those individual choices collectively result in lower revenue for the team, so be it.

What I disagree with - and I'm not saying this is you - is people who berate fans that continue being the fan they always were. In other words, going to games, buying a jersey or whatever. If a person decides to be that kind of fan, that is their choice, and not something they should be berated for. And the funny thing is those that speak harshly about those kinds of fans continue to watch games on TV even though TV revenue is a massive source of income for the teams and the league.
No doubt, If a fan chooses as you say then I have no issue UNLESS they berate those who are making an attempt to bring change.

Ironically those fans are often the ones defending the ownership. And then take issue with those drawing attention to the actual issues.

I’ve always maintained there’s a place for all types of fans. But there’s a reason the cheerleaders are on the sidelines with the Pom Poms and the analyst are in the booth with the microphones.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This...still can't figure out why morons are showing up to the stadium this year to support the garbage being run out there.

There are still fans on here thinking we have a good team and that coaching is just bad. LOL

stiletto

Reaction score
There are still fans on here thinking we have a good team and that coaching is just bad. LOL

LOL what about people who think we have a bad team AND also continued bad/questionable coaching? I think it is a fair and reasonable question after what we've witnessed. Of course this is not already disclosing and admitting to the Diarrhea mouth and brained owner we have to deal with. It's a sad state of affairs for sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL what about people who think we have a bad team AND also continued bad/questionable coaching? I think it is a fair and reasonable question after what we've witnessed. Of course this is not already disclosing and admitting to the Diarrhea mouth and brained owner we have to deal with. It's a sad state of affairs for sure.
The ones defending our coaching now were saying it was coaching who was holding us back before. Now they’ve about face now that they see it wasn’t all on our coaching.

This coaching was meant to make a difference. Can anyone actually provide any evidence we are in a better place with this coaching staff?