CZ POLL Where do you rank Dak Prescott among quarterbacks in the NFL?

Where do you rank Dak Prescott among quarterbacks in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Reaction score
I have these quarterbacks ranked above him:

Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Jimmy Garoppolo
Russell Wilson
Ben Roethlisberger
Lamar Jackson
DeShaun Watson
Patrick Mahommes

I agree and even if Jimmy G is taken out then really the next band of quarterbacks are similarly rated 11-20 on any given sunday. If a quarterback ranking is purely based on their ability to perform next season regardless of what's around them then from what we know those names mentioned above are pretty much bang on. Fair play. Refreshing that someone isn't biased towards Prescott just because he is the Dallas Cowboys QB. I have Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers as the top three with Jackson kind of on his own at #4 as he's unique to all of the other quarterbacks in the league. Prescott's ranking is anywhere between 11-20 for me, it's difficult to quantify as he hasn't played on a bad team yet and he hasn't been able to carry the team when a few players have been unavailable in the offense. A QB like Sam Darnold has only played on bad teams thus far so we do not know how good he actually is. Prescott clearly needs help and quality around him to succeed unlike a Wilson or Rodgers. I would have him ranked 14-17 along with the likes of Cousins and Carr. It's hilarious how people will take such offense to that when those guys are both competent, solid quarterbacks as well.

All of those quarterbacks mentioned above have won shoot outs for their respective teams, even Jimmy G last season versus Brees and the Saints. That's where Prescott falls down the pecking order for me. I can't remember a game over the past 2-3 years apart from the Giants in a dead rubber where he effectively won the game with his arm in a high scoring game without Elliott having like 150 yards on the ground - and even then I can't remember many of those games except the Steelers and Packers games in 2016. Prescott made an excellent throw to Dez in the Steelers game but realistically Elliott was central to both wins if you watch those games with objectivity.

This has always been my contention against paying Prescott $35-$40 million a season. You need more than a guy who is very durable, tries hard, makes solid throws, will not lose you a game but not win you a game for that amount of money. In my view a QB could be drafted to do all of that for $30 million less a season in this explosively loaded offense.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree and even if Jimmy G is taken out then really the next band of quarterbacks are similarly rated 11-20 on any given sunday. If a quarterback ranking is purely based on their ability to perform next season regardless of what's around them then from what we know those names mentioned above are pretty much bang on. Fair play. Refreshing that someone isn't biased towards Prescott just because he is the Dallas Cowboys QB. I have Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers as the top three with Jackson kind of on his own at #4 as he's unique to all of the other quarterbacks in the league. Prescott's ranking is anywhere between 11-20 for me, it's difficult to quantify as he hasn't played on a bad team yet and he hasn't been able to carry the team when a few players have been unavailable in the offense. A QB like Sam Darnold has only played on bad teams thus far so we do not know how good he actually is. Prescott clearly needs help and quality around him to succeed unlike a Wilson or Rodgers. I would have him ranked 14-17 along with the likes of Cousins and Carr. It's hilarious how people will take such offense to that when those guys are both competent, solid quarterbacks as well.

All of those quarterbacks mentioned above have won shoot outs for their respective teams, even Jimmy G last season versus Brees and the Saints. That's where Prescott falls down the pecking order for me. I can't remember a game over the past 2-3 years apart from the Giants in a dead rubber where he effectively won the game with his arm in a high scoring game without Elliott having like 150 yards on the ground - and even then I can't remember many of those games except the Steelers and Packers games in 2016. Prescott made an excellent throw to Dez in the Steelers game but realistically Elliott was central to both wins if you watch those games with objectivity.

This has always been my contention against paying Prescott $35-$40 million a season. You need more than a guy who is very durable, tries hard, makes solid throws, will not lose you a game but not win you a game for that amount of money. In my view a QB could be drafted to do all of that for $30 million less a season in this explosively loaded offense.

I think Dak knows he has the most pressure on his shoulders of any Cowboy.

He has a Lamborghini offense. He can't drive it like he just got his learner's permit.

This will be a telling year for him because, aside from injuries, if he doesn't get it done, MM and JJ likely are going to be looking elsewhere.

kskboys

Reaction score

Wilson does not agree w/ you at all. He complained after getting knocked out of the playoffs that they needed to put more around him.

And, BTW, all QB's need help and quality around them to succeed. Strange statement.

kskboys

Reaction score

SF had 162 yards rushing vs NO. Gawd, this is easy.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Chris Simms Top 40 NFL quarterbacks rankings for 2020
1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
2. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
4. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
5. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens
6. Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles
7. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
8. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
9. Matt Stafford, Detroit Lions
10. Cam Newton, Free Agent
11. Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans
12. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals
13. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings
14. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
15. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
16. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
17. Philip Rivers, Indianapolis Colts
18. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
19. Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders
20. Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers
21. Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns
22. Daniel Jones, New York Giants
23. Sam Darnold, New York Jets
24. Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams
25. Drew Lock, Denver Broncos
26. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
27. Andy Dalton, Dallas Cowboys
28. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami Dolphins
29. Teddy Bridgewater, Carolina Panthers
30. Gardner Minshew, Jacksonville Jaguars
31. Nick Foles, Chicago Bears
32. Case Keenum, Cleveland Browns
33. Jameis Winston, New Orleans Saints
34. Tyrod Taylor, Los Angeles Chargers
35. Jarrett Stidham, New England Patriots
36. Taysom Hill, New Orleans Saints
37. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers
38. Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears
39. Dwayne Haskins, Washington Commanders
40. Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins

I don't know about Newton (If he's healthy, then yeah), and am iffy on Tannehill, but I definitely move the rest of 9-17 ahead of Dak, and a couple more from below that too. And then at that point (and maybe a little sooner), it's a bunch of guys that are pretty much on even footing depending on who the supporting cast is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know about Newton (If he's healthy, then yeah), and am iffy on Tannehill, but I definitely move the rest of 9-17 ahead of Dak, and a couple more from below that too. And then at that point (and maybe a little sooner), it's a bunch of guys that are pretty much on even footing depending on who the supporting cast is.
You trolling?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
2019 stats: 388 of 596 (65.1%) for 4,902 yards (8.2 yards per attempt), 30 TDs and 11 INTs; 71.2 QBR; 52 carries for 277 yards and three TDs.

With Kellen Moore as his play-caller, Dak Prescott had an outstanding season in which he displayed a lot of improvement. Prescott was extremely aggressive in 2019, pushing the ball 20-plus yards downfield on 12.8% of his passes — by far the most in his career. That downfield aggressiveness combined with better lower-body throwing mechanics led to Prescott being more accurate than ever on deep passes, as his 52.6% adjusted completion rate on deep throws — a career high — ranked third among quarterbacks with at least 30 attempts of 20-plus yards. Prescott’s productivity could have been even better if his weapons didn’t have a season-long case of butterfingers — 36 of Prescott’s passes were dropped in 2019, the most in the NFL. On top of his passing ability, Prescott is also one of the most gifted runners at the position. He finished third in yards per attempt (5.3) and avoided tackles (14) among quarterbacks with more than 25 carries, according to PFF. An injury to his throwing shoulder toward the end of the season caused a decline in his play, but he played well enough otherwise that the Cowboys should be confident in his future.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak made a lot of people look stupid last year and I see a lot of those same people begging for a second helping.
Oh well we made it this far.
2 weeks until he again has haters disappearing and stuttering.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak made a lot of people look stupid last year and I see a lot of those same people begging for a second helping.
Oh well we made it this far.
2 weeks until he again has haters disappearing and stuttering.
They won't disappear....Dak Hate is a booming cottage industry.

If Dak succeeds they put an Asterisk on the season (2020) and eye-test claim Dalton would have won 2 Superbowls in One season with this unbelievable talent...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could put Big Ben Brady and Brees ahead of him here. After this season coming up I could see maybe one or two guys passing him too, namely 2 of the 3 QBs in NY.
Brees definitely should be ahead of Dak. Brady, and especially Ben, would be based more on what they once were than on what we know them to be now. They may still be better than Dak, but that remains to be seen. I would drop Wentz back behind Dak though, and I don't see any of the NY QBs passing him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You trolling?
Not in the least. I believe what I said is spot on. I think everyone I put above him would do as well, and likely better with an equivalent supporting cast. And then I think once you get to about 15, there's a lot of guys who are pretty even all the way through 30+.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not in the least. I believe what I said is spot on. I think everyone I put above him would do as well, and likely better with an equivalent supporting cast. And then I think once you get to about 15, there's a lot of guys who are pretty even all the way through 30+.
What type of argument is "I think everyone would do as well...."....there's no basis for this other than you playing Madden and it maybe being true. I guess you are one of the ones who thought if Romo replaced Brady he'd have a ring too wouldn't he?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My top 20 QB list:

1 Pat Mahomes
2 Lamar Jackson
3 Russell Wilson
4 Aaron Rodgers
5 Tom Brady
6 Deshaun Watson
7 Drew Brees
8 Dak Prescott
9 Kyle Murray
10 Carson Wentz
11 Matthew Stafford
12 Jared Goff
13 Matt Ryan
14 Jimmy Garoppolo
15 Kirk Cousins
16 Josh Allen
17 Ben Roethisberger
18 Baker Mayfield
19 Phillip Rivers
20 Daniel Jones
I'm not sure about Jackson yet, but other than that, you won't get much of an argument from me.

DFWJC

Reaction score
for all the bickering here about Dak is god vs no he is totally worthless,
this poll is surprisingly right where it should be
This.

Not complaining about the range splits--as they were just basic numerics.....
but in Dak's case, the range splits made it tougher.

Imo, he is in the 8-13 range. Split that and you get 10.5.

If one of the ranges was 8-12, I think you'd capture 70% of the vote

So a guess....
1-7....16%
8-12....71%
13-32...13%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.