Where does Garrett land?

visionary

Reaction score
I heard rumors that both the Giants and Panthers were interested but now they both have filled their HCing positions what is left for Garrett? The Browns? They had interest back in the day when Garrett was still our OC. I don't think he will land another HCing job this year but he will land a coaching job somewhere. Any guess on where?

Anywhere is better than here....

In a trash heap

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no clue of who is the current coach, how they are doing or if the University would be looking for a new HC now or in the near future.

With that said. I always felt that Jason would eventually wind up as the HC or eventual AD at Princeton.

visionary

Reaction score
He is probably mulling over the 6 head coaching positions he has been offered

he has been offered Directorship position for a little known organization called “Garrett Groupies Anonymous” whose members have gone into hiding on CZ but hope to “show” the haters one day

:muttley::muttley:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Garrett and Marvin Lewis have the exact same problem...………...unusually long tenures considering their mediocre results.

Hard to explain that in an interview to another team's GM...…….thus, it will be very difficult for either one of these guys to get another NFL HC job.

The people who do the hiring won’t consider Garrett’s results mediocre because they’ll look at them in a rational context. He will have to overcome the bad PR associated with his name right now. But his reputation in league circles will mean that’s not a huge issue. He’ll get interviews on reputation, and he’ll interview well. Worst case, he sits a year and then takes a coordinator gig through one of his contacts and weathers the bad PR.

There was a time after McCarthy was let go in the middle of a season when folks thought he was a long shot to get the next gig. And he just landed the biggest job in football and everybody is praising the hire.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, he was a bad coach. We can call him mediocre with four 8-8 seasons.
He was 85-67 . He’s the 2nd winningest HC in Cowboys history. He won more division titles and playoff games than any HC since the 90’s Super Bowl run.

If he’d advanced to the championship game in any of those heartbreaking divisional playoff losses he’d be reared much differently. That’s the slim margin between being embraced and scorned.

GMO415

Reaction score
tumblr_n5a4h4XJf51t30xsso5_250.jpg

morat1959

Reaction score
Only one HC job left and it looks like Jim Schwartz could be the serious candidate there. Garrett will not get any HC offers for next year, regardless of what Jerry and Dilfer said. Garrett's going to have to prove his worth all over again...
He never proved it the first time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The people who do the hiring won’t consider Garrett’s results mediocre because they’ll look at them in a rational context. He will have to overcome the bad PR associated with his name right now. But his reputation in league circles will mean that’s not a huge issue. He’ll get interviews on reputation, and he’ll interview well. Worst case, he sits a year and then takes a coordinator gig through one of his contacts and weathers the bad PR.

There was a time after McCarthy was let go in the middle of a season when folks thought he was a long shot to get the next gig. And he just landed the biggest job in football and everybody is praising the hire.
It amazes me the fans who bash Lewis for his tenure in Cincinnati.

All he did was bring the Bengals back from a dormant franchise bottom dweller to a consistent contender taking them to as many playoff appearances than the franchise had previously in their entire existence.

Now look how they’ve fallen again since he left with the #1 pick in the draft at the bottom of the league again.

Last edited:

RD21

Reaction score
He was 85-67 . He’s the 2nd winningest HC in Cowboys history. He won more division titles and playoff games than any HC since the 90’s Super Bowl run.

If he’d advanced to the championship game in any of those heartbreaking divisional playoff losses he’d be reared much differently. That’s the slim margin between being embraced and scorned.
No he's not. We went over this the other day. Garrett was average, middle of the pack.

enhance

If you rank all 8 of the Cowboys coaches by win % Garrett finishes 5th out of 8. Far cry from the 2nd winningest coach in Cowboys history. He has the 2nd most wins, but only because he averages 2-3 times the games coached as all the other coaches except Landry.

It's disingenuous to call him the "2nd winningest coach". At least in my opinion......

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No he's not. We went over this the other day. Garrett was average, middle of the pack.

enhance

If you rank all 8 of the Cowboys coaches by win % Garrett finishes 5th out of 8. Far cry from the 2nd winningest coach in Cowboys history. He has the 2nd most wins, but only because he averages 2-3 times the games coached as all the other coaches except Landry.

It's disingenuous to call him the "2nd winningest coach". At least in my opinion......
I didn’t create “ 2nd winningest coach”. Several newspapers and publications have.

And if you want to use those percentages then Wade was as good as Tom. And Jason was better than Jimmy or Bill. Surely you don’t believe that?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It amazes me the fans who bash Lewis for his tenure in Cincinnati.

All he did was bring the Bengals back from a dormant franchise bottom dweller to a consistent contender taking them to as many playoff appearances than the franchise had previously in the franchises entire existence.

Now look how they’ve fallen again since he left with the #1 pick in the draft at the bottom of the league again.

Exactly. Fans who aren’t Bengals fans shouldn’t have a hard time understanding there’s a high water mark for that franchise that’s really difficult to overcome. Contending for the division is the watermark n Cincy. The current clown show is what you get otherwise.

The same thing in Dallas. There’s a ceiling here that’s really hard to break. Personally, I don’t think McCarthy is likely to be the guy to break it,but it’s cool that people are excited, at least.

Pokeness

Reaction score
The Fake Jason Garrett was on the Musers on the Ticket this morning and said he was a cashier at Tuesday Morning now. They always portrayed him very robotic, so he said Tuesday Morning was very happy with him because he was very fast because he just memorizes everybody's credit card number and then enters them after the shift. It was pure radio gold!

Here is Spotify podcast of it: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5A4UJG5fppdK1UQwdDuK3H?si=HaPW7vptSHaIcfGUfZmS0w

khiladi

Reaction score
The Giants connection is there, like the Cowboys, because of Father Garrett, who was DC with the Giants in the 70s and was close to the Mara family. That’s the other franchise Garrett jumped too after Dallas. And if he gets a position with Joe Judge, not only does he have the Mara connection but the Saban connection from Miami.

Garrett hasn’t established any credibility outside his connections.