Where does Garrett land?

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason is the only HC in history that had play calling duties revoked from him and the owner told the media they don’t want him near the offense and he would be in an ambiguous role and he’s good with ambiguity...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
No he's not. We went over this the other day. Garrett was average, middle of the pack.

enhance

If you rank all 8 of the Cowboys coaches by win % Garrett finishes 5th out of 8. Far cry from the 2nd winningest coach in Cowboys history. He has the 2nd most wins, but only because he averages 2-3 times the games coached as all the other coaches except Landry.

It's disingenuous to call him the "2nd winningest coach". At least in my opinion......

Exactly. He's the 2nd longest tenured coach by far in our history. Of course he is going to be 2nd in wins. I would hope he is. Doesn't mean his win percentage is the 2nd best.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
OC @ NYG to help Joe Judge

OC @ NE *IF* McDaniels takes a HC job elsewhere.

Otherwise, I think he ends up on TV or a FO job or just out of football for 2020

nobody

Reaction score
He is probably mulling over the 6 head coaching positions he has been offered

1) Some youth association flag football league
2) Some podunk high school nobody's heard of that hasn't won a championship since 1964
3) The Cowboys. (No, not the Dallas ones. A Pop Warner team...probably ages 6-8)
4) Riker's Island State Penitentiary Football Team (Cause they don't want the inmates stepping on the opponent's neck figuratively or literally during games)
5) Some XFL team
6) Bait and switch. Interviewed to be HC but offered OC. (by a team that will henceforth inexplicably fail to get past the divisional round of the play offs)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Based on his track record with the Cowboys and how badly Jerry wanted things to work out with him, I doubt he’ll ever get another head coaching job in the NFL. He was given more than enough time in Dallas. More time than any other team would have given him.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Garrett would love having to deal with angry mayfield and beckham.
He could help that...they don’t have any parameters there,it’s very unprofessional from things I’ve seen. And help Baker grow up a little...someone should.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
1. OC somewhere
2. Offered a college head coaching job
3. Sit out a year, almost assuredly offered some TV job just because he’s a Cowboy

he has the personality of a robotic carrot I’d doubt he’d be good on tv.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What fanbase wants Garrett as head coach?
I know Giants fans who would have wanted him, and I'm sure there are others. Maybe no majority of a fan base, but that can be said about most candidates.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You can say that all you want to but I dont want to hear that BS about Jerry blocking him from head coaching jobs. thats a damn lie.

Exactly...………….Jay Glazer, who is more connected in the league that just about anybody, reported Garrett was campaigning for his job.

Garrett didnt want to leave, he literally is hanging out at the Star telling Jerry how great a guy McCarthy is. So please, nobody stopped Garrett from doing jack.

He is not getting any head coach offers right now because he constantly goes 8-8, not because he got blocked by Jerry from interviewing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The people who do the hiring won’t consider Garrett’s results mediocre because they’ll look at them in a rational context. He will have to overcome the bad PR associated with his name right now. But his reputation in league circles will mean that’s not a huge issue. He’ll get interviews on reputation, and he’ll interview well. Worst case, he sits a year and then takes a coordinator gig through one of his contacts and weathers the bad PR.

There was a time after McCarthy was let go in the middle of a season when folks thought he was a long shot to get the next gig. And he just landed the biggest job in football and everybody is praising the hire.

Garrett's results are not mediocre?

Over the course of a decade he made the playoffs only 3 times, won only 2 Wildcard games, and finished almost half his seasons 8-8.

If that aint mediocre, I dont know what is.