Where does your moral compass point?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Belichick is an all time great but he is well past his prime. Guy is 72. Dating a 23 year old. He is not working 100 hours a week to fix the Dallas Cowboys.
I heard that but forgot about it.

Well now he is definitely getting hired since Jerry will want him to set him up with one of her friends lol.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I’ve been a fin since 1974 at thee age of 7 and ALL BECAUSE OF LONGLEY’S DRIVE TO WIN THE TURKEY DAY GAME AFTER ROGER GOT HURT.

I truly hope we lose bigly the rest of the season.
You might not believe this but I was at that game. Won't ever forget it. I gather you were there too. I've had enough of the Jones. Tired of all the lies.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Sweat equity?Are you serious? it has nothing to do with me or losing a bet, these players pour everything they have in and the owner does the same stupid things year in and year out. That is not someone who cares about his players or the fans when they will never get the opportunity to legitimately play for a championship. The stupidity from this front office you already know before kickoff of week 1 how it ends and with Jerry and Stephen that is officially how it will always be. You want to root every game and think they have a shot then you're only fooling yourself.

Every other team will churn the GM when things are stagnant, not this one. They're fools here and if you're entertained by that, more power to you. There's a huge lack of success for decades. What have you been watching to think the problems have nothing to do with the management here? The only owner in football who doesn't hire a GM. That packer loss and the proceeding offseason says he doesn't care one bit and that is just a small sample size.
No argument the owner is useless my point is it’s entertainment and that’s the post I quoted with yours

Nothing you said is wrong and none of changes the fact that’s it’s entertainment and if you are so engrossed in the results that you lose sleep health or too much money you’re taking it too serious

We are simply couch jockeys hoping for the best

starfan1

Reaction score
, these players pour everything they have in and the owner does the same stupid things year in and year out. .

After watching this team over the years I will slightly disagree this part of it. I have seen some of these players half *** it plenty

Not all of them but they do reflect their owner in that manner

Jumbo075

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

I've followed and cheered for this team for 40 years. Probably longer than some of you have been alive. Some of you have done it for much longer than me. The idea of leaving behind something that has been with you since your childhood, then adolescent, then teenage, then young adult, and then adulthood stages of life is daunting. Something that has been a part of you for so long that you really can't remember a time when it wasn't...what would that look like?

How would that play out?

Would it be like a breakup? Would you hope for the worst for them? Would you be happy for them at their best? Would you move on to someone else but always have a soft spot and wonder what could have been if you'd stayed?

What if the relationship was toxic and you knew they were just terrible people? Would that make moving on easier? I think so, but still a tough endeavor when it's all you have ever known.

Well previous fellow Cowboys fans, tomorrow I take the plunge.

For years this has been a stagnant relationship. Going through the motions....good night honey, morning honey, have a good day, hey honey how was your day, what do you want to do for dinner tonight, what do you want to do this weekend, good night honey, morning honey, have a good day.....................................but it wasn't terrible, it just....was.

Then came the drinking, the yelling, and finally, the hitting.

At this point, I find this ownership to be completely misaligned with everything that I believe in and stand for as a human being. So I have made the decision that I will no longer support it. I'm not going to find a younger, sexier model, but I'm just not going to root for this team to succeed. I don't necessarily want them to fail either, after all these years of abuse, I still love them, but I just can no longer be there for them.

Tomorrow the plunge into full blown apathy. They will now be nothing more than a name and a money-line to me, until this owner is gone, and then I will re-assess, if I am still around to do so.

I'm sure some of you will have some snide comments for this decision to put my thoughts into writing and withdraw my support of this franchise, and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow my lead as your morals and perception of this team and ownership is likely far different than mine, and that's fine too, free country and all that. Some of you will be supportive and feel the same and that's good too.

My moral compass points to neutrality/apathy. Where does yours point?
I don’t think it is a moral choice. It is an entertainment choice.

Bottom line: the Cowboys are not entertaining.

Big_D

Reaction score
After watching this team over the years I will slightly disagree this part of it. I have seen some of these players half *** it plenty

Not all of them but they do reflect their owner in that manner
It definitely reflects the owner which is a big part of the problem because he undermines the coaching and been doing that for a long time. All on top of overvaluing his own players. Far and away the only team that doesn't utilize outside free agents. Never seen anything like it. Not unless it's a bargain bin player. The entire strategy here is nonsense. Then he gets called out by the radio analysts and he actually threatens their jobs. lol I can no longer view him or his kid as entertainment, they kill this team. Then the yearly line that he would do anything to win. You know that's coming soon!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think it is a moral choice. It is an entertainment choice.

Bottom line: the Cowboys are not entertaining.
Where I'm at it's not the product on the field that has me distancing myself. It's the owner and what he represents.

I will say though, this team is unlikeable in its current state. There isn't a player out there that I'm like...I would buy that guys jersey.

starfan1

Reaction score
It definitely reflects the owner which is a big part of the problem because he undermines the coaching and been doing that for a long time. All on top of overvaluing his own players. Far and away the only team that doesn't utilize outside free agents. Never seen anything like it. Not unless it's a bargain bin player. The entire strategy here is nonsense. Then he gets called out by the radio analysts and he actually threatens their jobs. lol I can no longer view him or his kid as entertainment, they kill this team. Then the yearly line that he would do anything to win. You know that's coming soon!
Ya he’s the #1 issue and I can’t stand him but I look past him and still allow myself to be entertained
Sometimes it’s like a bad movie sometimes it isn’t
My days of getting worked up went away in 2011 now I have ups and downs that are short lived but do my best to stay positive in fandom

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ya he’s the #1 issue and I can’t stand him but I look past him and still allow myself to be entertained
Sometimes it’s like a bad movie sometimes it isn’t
My days of getting worked up went away in 2011 now I have ups and downs that are short lived but do my best to stay positive in fandom
I can still be "entertained" by them, its footbal. I'm being entertained now by 4 teams that aren't Dallas.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
@Typhus would know how to prepare them for the gameday menu!
Typically, on a daily basis, if I were being honest and you know me Ranch, Im a Texan and honest as well... lol
I actually prefer eating the animals that tried to eat me first, sounds strange but hang with me here.
I have been in frequent survival situations daily, I'm getting old, but I prefer to eat the animals that try and eat me first.
Had to eat a water moccasin once and it was not good.
Had to have the protein though.

starfan1

Reaction score
I can still be "entertained" by them, its footbal. I'm being entertained now by 4 teams that aren't Dallas.
Whatever makes you feel good. You do you. Surprised that you frequent a board of a team that doesn’t entertain you

I will be watching this Sunday evening it may be a crap show it may be must see tv but it will be entertainment

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Habit mostly...
Gotta break that habit then. Personally, when it's going bad like this, I just don't spend much time reading articles, watching videos, etc. that's just depressing and just feel the need to subject myself to that. I still watch the games, just don't pay too much attention to everything else outside the actual game.

Fortunately, the NBA season is right around the corner and my favorite NBA team, the San Antonio Spurs, has a bright future and has me excited.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Typically, on a daily basis, if I were being honest and you know me Ranch, Im a Texan and honest as well... lol
I actually prefer eating the animals that tried to eat me first, sounds strange but hang with me here.
I have been in frequent survival situations daily, I'm getting old, but I prefer to eat the animals that try and eat me first.
Had to eat a water moccasin once and it was not good.
Had to have the protein though.
I killed a 6 ft rattler with a machete when I was 11 years old. I have to admit, it was a pretty tasty and satisfying meal.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
LOL this entire response is ignorant . If you think sports is strictly entertainment then you never played one or truly paid any attention to the guys who pour everything they have into it. Jerry only cares about himself. Thats blatantly obvious.. to most people anyway.

With Jerry and Stephen they are a laughingstock and will never win anything. You think Landry was in it just to entertain people? That might be the most ridiculous thing anyone ever said on here. Even more ridiculous since you’ve seen this team fight to win championships! Fans like you are sad. If Jerry’s pathetic routine keeps you entertained then it obviously doesn’t take much.

I’ve played many, many seasons of football, basketball, and baseball. We aren’t talking about the lessons that are learned and characters that is built playing sports as youths. We’re talking about the Dallas Cowboys and pro sports. As I said, they exist for entertainment purposes only. If a pro team winning or losing a game impacts your mental health, get help.

Staubacher

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

I've followed and cheered for this team for 40 years. Probably longer than some of you have been alive. Some of you have done it for much longer than me. The idea of leaving behind something that has been with you since your childhood, then adolescent, then teenage, then young adult, and then adulthood stages of life is daunting. Something that has been a part of you for so long that you really can't remember a time when it wasn't...what would that look like?

How would that play out?

Would it be like a breakup? Would you hope for the worst for them? Would you be happy for them at their best? Would you move on to someone else but always have a soft spot and wonder what could have been if you'd stayed?

What if the relationship was toxic and you knew they were just terrible people? Would that make moving on easier? I think so, but still a tough endeavor when it's all you have ever known.

Well previous fellow Cowboys fans, tomorrow I take the plunge.

For years this has been a stagnant relationship. Going through the motions....good night honey, morning honey, have a good day, hey honey how was your day, what do you want to do for dinner tonight, what do you want to do this weekend, good night honey, morning honey, have a good day.....................................but it wasn't terrible, it just....was.

Then came the drinking, the yelling, and finally, the hitting.

At this point, I find this ownership to be completely misaligned with everything that I believe in and stand for as a human being. So I have made the decision that I will no longer support it. I'm not going to find a younger, sexier model, but I'm just not going to root for this team to succeed. I don't necessarily want them to fail either, after all these years of abuse, I still love them, but I just can no longer be there for them.

Tomorrow the plunge into full blown apathy. They will now be nothing more than a name and a money-line to me, until this owner is gone, and then I will re-assess, if I am still around to do so.

I'm sure some of you will have some snide comments for this decision to put my thoughts into writing and withdraw my support of this franchise, and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow my lead as your morals and perception of this team and ownership is likely far different than mine, and that's fine too, free country and all that. Some of you will be supportive and feel the same and that's good too.

My moral compass points to neutrality/apathy. Where does yours point?
I came to that point this offseason and it's only been confirmed by the actions of Jerry Jones.
I know several other friends who don't post here have done the same.