Where does your moral compass point?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
We’re not winning 8 this season unless by some miraculous thing happens. This team is so dysfunctional
I'm leaning more towards Aven, it's hard to see this team winning more than 8 games this season. The remaining schedule looks tough. Thank goodness the Giants and Panthers are still on the schedule. Can they muster 3 to 4 more wins outside of those? Hopefully, so maybe 9 wins is not out of the question.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"Your feelings serve you well. Bury your feelings deep. They can be made to serve The Emperor." - Obi-Wan to Luke
I always thought the emporer wasted some of the talent he had on the roster...I mean Leia pretty much beat him with FA's on the cheap.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For those who don't know:
Stiletto and I were on another message board for the better part of 10 years. And in that time I made some epic, risky predictions. But that's when I was in my @RustyBourneHorse stage of Cowboys fandom. Now....meh...

But after GB, I reach in my nostradumb*** bag and said: MM will be gone by week 9.

One thing for certain, two things for sure: If I get this right, you'll never hear the end of my mouth lol.

But seriously...I think Jerry will have to get rid of him in order to 1) create drama and 2) avoid meddling. The only exception to this is hiring a currently unemployed known: Bill Belichick.

The other reason to fire the coach is to shut the team down and not risk injury for next year once we are eliminated. Once Brock Purdy outplays Dak AGAIN ...Jerry will be steaming mad.

Hehe, I was on the Cowboys site forum. Not sure if you remember me from there.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For those who don't know:
Stiletto and I were on another message board for the better part of 10 years. And in that time I made some epic, risky predictions. But that's when I was in my @RustyBourneHorse stage of Cowboys fandom. Now....meh...

But after GB, I reach in my nostradumb*** bag and said: MM will be gone by week 9.

One thing for certain, two things for sure: If I get this right, you'll never hear the end of my mouth lol.

But seriously...I think Jerry will have to get rid of him in order to 1) create drama and 2) avoid meddling. The only exception to this is hiring a currently unemployed known: Bill Belichick.

The other reason to fire the coach is to shut the team down and not risk injury for next year once we are eliminated. Once Brock Purdy outplays Dak AGAIN ...Jerry will be steaming mad.
I predicted he would be gone by November...however, I think Jones has dug so far in that out of pure spite and malice he will make him finish out this season no matter how bad it gets. And I think MM out of spite for Jerry is gonna make it real, REAL bad

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm way too loyal to pick another team. Not built that way.
I would never pick another team. I realize you weren't replying to me but just wanted to clarify my original post. I watch and enjoy other sports without even having "a team" that I root for. I just have felt less and less connected to this one as time goes on and Jerry shows himself as someone that I would never want to be associated with in real life. His latest BS with the radio hosts have simply pushed me beyond being able to cheer for this one to have success. I do like Greg's (@Diehardblues) way of looking at things. Enjoy the wins for what they are and enjoy the losses for the pain it brings to Jerry.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I predicted he would be gone by November...however, I think Jones has dug so far in that out of pure spite and malice he will make him finish out this season no matter how bad it gets. And I think MM out of spite for Jerry is gonna make it real, REAL bad
I agree. Jerry is in a mood. He's highly emotional. I 100% agree that he is unpredictable and unhinged and I think even his sons don't know what his next move is. That's why I am not buying ANYTHING of what he says to the media...and in this regard...I do agree with Dak. He's saying what he feels at the moment...it's not a committed strategy. Don't pay attention to the carnival barker...but when he acts ...look out.

This is gonna get uglier..

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. Jerry is in a mood. He's highly emotional. I 100% agree that he is unpredictable and unhinged and I think even his sons don't know what his next move is. That's why I am not buying ANYTHING of what he says to the media...and in this regard...I do agree with Dak. He's saying what he feels at the moment...it's not a committed strategy. Don't pay attention to the carnival barker...but when he acts ...look out.

This is gonna get uglier..
I am here for it brother. Bring on the ugly. Bring on the lights going on at 2am at the bar.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Completely agree with that.

Probably a bad look for Jerry to scapegoat him mid season after last weeks antics….and my guess is the media would rip him for doing it if he does…but if he needs a headline, Mike is as good as gone at any moment. If people stop talking about the Cowboys, pack up.

Finally in response to your OP, I’m not claiming to be some sort of angel, but I chose this team as a kid because of the respect I had for Landry and Staubach and the class acts they were. Now it’s about party busses and paternity court cases. How nice.

I don’t even care if they never win again, so long as things can return to being about football, but that’s apparently too much to ask. I suppose the stripper cages in the end zones should have been a clue, but that’s on me lol.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I am here for it brother. Bring on the ugly. Bring on the lights going on at 2am at the bar.
This. We need the ugly truths about this team laid bare. It was OBVIOUSLY ugly underneath the surface...it just surfaced during the playoff games. And when it did...it wasn't pretty.

Big_D

Reaction score
His entire post is spot on . I played football, baseball and i played basketball more and have plenty of understanding of the effort it takes and the commradery but I have 0 i repeat 0 sweat equity in the Cowboys or the Mavs or the dodgers my favorite sports teams. They are strictly entertainment and have 0 impact on my mental health outside of being frustrated at Jerry's lack of GM skills to build a team. I don't spend a ton of energy on that either.

All sports are strictly entertainment now if you're someone who is into betting and the Cowboys lack of success has cost money I can see where frustration could set in. But that's not the cowboys fault that's yours being to into betting. not saying this is you that's a general statement

Unless you are currently on the practice squad or the 53 you have o sweat equity in it either. You are just living your dreams through the TV.

Sweat equity?Are you serious? it has nothing to do with me or losing a bet, these players pour everything they have in and the owner does the same stupid things year in and year out. That is not someone who cares about his players or the fans when they will never get the opportunity to legitimately play for a championship. The stupidity from this front office you already know before kickoff of week 1 how it ends and with Jerry and Stephen that is officially how it will always be. You want to root every game and think they have a shot then you're only fooling yourself.

Every other team will churn the GM when things are stagnant, not this one. They're fools here and if you're entertained by that, more power to you. There's a huge lack of success for decades. What have you been watching to think the problems have nothing to do with the management here? The only owner in football who doesn't hire a GM. That packer loss and the proceeding offseason says he doesn't care one bit and that is just a small sample size.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I won’t lose my mind if they hire BB but I’m not in full support of it. I want the next McVay/Shanahan/Ryans/LaFleur etc…..or at least TRY to find it. Build something. A style of play, an organizational philosophy.

I don’t at all believe BB would come here and watch Jerry do everything he goes out of his way to avoid, but I don’t take issue with those who want to dream over it. You’d almost think he is able to bring those trophies with him and we all get to celebrate them the way some think, but that’s on them.
Belichick is an all time great but he is well past his prime. Guy is 72. Dating a 23 year old. He is not working 100 hours a week to fix the Dallas Cowboys.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That text warning the Laodicean church has absolutely zero application to football Fandom.

I mean if you want to apply the book of Revelation to football Fandom, you'd best become an Eagles fan. Because the church of Philadelphia was the most highly esteemed church of the 7 listed, by a wide margin.

Thoughts?
Ye are teetering on Blasphemy.

The Church of Dallas was probably in that list too.

Keep it up, and prepare to be rebuked.