Where have all the Jon Kitna holly water fans at now

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. He’s responsible for Dak. Have you watched him play this season? It’s not very good unless you like lots of yardage. How’s that working out for us. Ole garbage time Dak!

Poor Kitna I mean really now?
Given a Job that failure is its only result due to the fact that the product is defective!
They couldn't fix Tim Tebow and RG3 and Tyrod Taylor and they ain't gonna fix inept Prescott.
For the dreamers here dream on as its a free country and for us realistic down to Earth Cowboy fans who refuse to drink Jerry Kool-Aid GL.....as this is Jerry world and here even Dak is a starting QB in the NFL!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well if you get credit for the good but none for the bad... Certainly a job I'd sign up for. lol
I don't understand. It was part of why he was brought in; to help Dak improve his mechanics and make more accurate throws, including the long ball. It's not his job to tell Dak when to throw long, just show him how to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kitna was a TO machine as QB.

He was just another symbolic move, after making Moore OC. Dallas needed a scape-goat in Linehan, but nobody was going to take the job when the HC had one year left on his contract and the offense wasn’t going to change.

Kitna player under Garrett. He also played under Marinelli as an aside when he was HC of Detroit. He played under Martz as well, meaning he was a QB in the Coryell system. That’s why Garrett originally brought in the veteran.
It was Martz who taught him how to improve his mechanics, and he's relaying that information to Dak. Unfortunately, he can't help him when he panics.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
does a guy who panics and has to have the best around him sound like a franchise quarterback? just wondering. if we play bad teams and everything is perfect he succeeds, how often can this happen?

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I don't understand. It was part of why he was brought in; to help Dak improve his mechanics and make more accurate throws, including the long ball. It's not his job to tell Dak when to throw long, just show him how to.

Well I can't define his job responsibilities as that would be up to Jerry and Jason but I know I'd certainly want all area's of my quarterbacks play to be under his scope. If you're going to coach him to let the ball rip, I'd certainly want you coaching him when and where to do that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well I can't define his job responsibilities as that would be up to Jerry and Jason but I know I'd certainly want all area's of my quarterbacks play to be under his scope. If you're going to coach him to let the ball rip, I'd certainly want you coaching him when and where to do that.
That'd undermine the OC's play calling. Kellen was Dak's QB coach last year, and I'm sure he has his own preferences on when Dak should be aggressive.

lockster

Reaction score
A turd is still a turd no matter how much perfume U put on it or how many times you try to mold it. Kitna came to coach, not to be a magician with supernatural powers. You can train a turtle all you want, but you can't make it into a cheetah. Dak is a one eyed turtle! It hurts my brain watching how slow he reads and reacts. It's like watching seeds sprout. The first play I watched Mahome's when he came into the league, I went wow! That guy has IT, has all the tools.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
A turd is still a turd no matter how much perfume U put on it or how many times you try to mold it. Kitna came to coach, not to be a magician with supernatural powers. You can train a turtle all you want, but you can't make it into a cheetah. Dak is a one eyed turtle! It hurts my brain watching how slow he reads and reacts. It's like watching seeds sprout. The first play I watched Mahome's when he came into the league, I went wow! That guy has IT, has all the tools.
lol, best description ever.

khiladi

Reaction score
It was Martz who taught him how to improve his mechanics, and he's relaying that information to Dak. Unfortunately, he can't help him when he panics.

Kitna was a TO machine here too.

In the 9 games he started, ten total games played, he threw 12 INTs and got sacked 21 times. He also had 6 fumbles. And this was when Dallas started running the ball and went conservative.

the actual wins, besides being against garbage teams, was a result of all the TOs the defense generated.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

100% Agree!

khiladi

Reaction score
does a guy who panics and has to have the best around him sound like a franchise quarterback? just wondering. if we play bad teams and everything is perfect he succeeds, how often can this happen?

What’s funny is Moore was Dak’s QB coach last year. Now a Kitna is the QB coach and Moore the OC. So Moore couldn’t teach him proper mechanics and Kitna is here to do that, but Moore is the guy calling the plays for Dak and has improved his numbers.

Dak homers make no sense..

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Dak’s mechanics fall apart when he has no time and is playing from behind. He gets happy feet, makes bad reads, forces throws— all the things he has been told not to do.

None of that is on Kitna. Dak has to maintain discipline and try not to do too much.

Dak and this team are only able to win under very specific conditions and criteria.

Terrible analysis

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kitna was a TO machine here too.

In the 9 games he started, ten total games played, he threw 12 INTs and got sacked 21 times. He also had 6 fumbles. And this was when Dallas started running the ball and went conservative.

the actual wins, besides being against garbage teams, was a result of all the TOs the defense generated.
Tells you what Romo had to deal with.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Maybe they are hanging out in the library with all the Heath haters?

Hadenough

Reaction score
In Dak’s defense— he has played 3 very good defenses in a row. If he wants to be paid elite money he needs to show up more against better competition and that is on him
Wentz beat the Bills, Bears, Packers and he also owns the Rams. But for some reason he cant beat the Clown Prescott.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dak's footwork has fallen apart since the New England game. Go look at it -- not stepping into his throws, falling backwards, moving sideways.

It's almost like he got some pressure facing a good defense for the first time and it got in his head. That continued into the last two games. Reminds me on a much smaller scale of how the Chaz Green Atlanta game ruined him for half a season. Very strange.

Cmac

Reaction score
I say bring Dan Orlasky out the studio......he has the Detroit Lion pedigree, which qualifies him.