Where is the Prescott to the Giants noise coming from?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
So you are suggesting that Dak isn’t going to sign a contract offer w Dallas either then?
He’ll sign the deal he like the most. If he likes the Cowboys deal the most, he’ll sign with the Cowboys. If Jerry wants to sign him before he becomes a free agent it will be for every bit of $60 million AAV, five years, and $240 million guaranteed. I doubt Jerry has the stomach for that. Even Jerry will want to wait until Dak’s a free agent.

JBS

Reaction score
He’ll sign the deal he like the most. If he likes the Cowboys deal the most, he’ll sign with the Cowboys. If Jerry wants to sign him before he becomes a free agent it will be for every bit of $60 million AAV, five years, and $240 million guaranteed. I doubt Jerry has the stomach for that. Even Jerry will want to wait until Dak’s a free agent.
Correct. That’s why he’ll sign the giants deal if there was one. You made my point. Thanks

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Jimmy T (@jimmy_tomredle): If the Giants move on from Daniel Jones after this upcoming season, could you see them pursuing Dak Prescott?
movie-draft-day.gif

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
"Where is the Prescott to the Giants noise coming from?"

Dallas. 100%

Desperately trying to get a 4th round pick instead of setting a torch to 250 million dollars.

The Giants are a dumpster fire. But yeah...Dak is the missing piece. LOL! LOL!

28481189-ae92-47bb-afd6-216124ec43b7_750x422.jpg

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Correct. That’s why he’ll sign the giants deal if there was one. You made my point. Thanks
As a free agent, not in trade. The whole league and every player in it is watching the upcoming Prescott free agency. Rare a top quarterback in his prime becomes a free agent. If Dak is successful signing a highest paid ever NFL deal top players and their agents will be working to get into the same position to maximize their earning potential. Jalen Hurts’ deal went into effect just over three months ago. When he signed it he was the highest paid NFL player ever. In eight months, when his deal is one year old he won’t even be in the top ten in compensation. Players know their value. A highly successful pro league has to pay top dollars to its stars if it wants to grow its popularity. Dak is not going to authorize any trade to any team under any circumstance. You can bet the house, the car, and the fondue set CeeDee’s agent wants no trade/no tag language in any contract extension.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What I’m saying is why would he go to an inferior team in the Giants when he could just wait and they keep their compensation? It seems like the smarter thing to do is play it out on the Cowboys in a offense you are comfortable in and test free agency and don’t have a team trade compensation for you.

Then looking at it from the side of other teams…why would you trade for Dak when he’s about to be a free agent?

RoboQB

Reaction score
What's funny here is, if this were to happen, Dak would be going to one team that he dominates. Eliminating a team that makes him look better than he is.
As well as putting himself in position to get beat down by his former team twice a year for the length of his time in with his new team.
Picture what this board would be like...lol.

That being said, it's more likely to happen through free agency, if it happens at all.
I still feel like it's going to be Vegas. That trade could happen and I hope Minshew is included in the trade.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What's funny here is, if this were to happen, Dak would be going to one team that he dominates. Eliminating a team that makes him look better than he is.
As well as putting himself in position to get beat down by his former team twice a year for the length of his time in with his new team.
Picture what this board would be like...lol.

That being said, it's more likely to happen through free agency, if it happens at all.
I still feel like it's going to be Vegas. That trade could happen and I hope Minshew is included in the trade.
Beat down? He’s a competitor. More likely he’d think he’d be in a position to beat down his former team that didn’t think he was worth keeping, twice a year. The Giants have won more Super Bowls in the salary cap era than the Cowboys. You’re funny.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If my only choices were paying Daniel Jones $40M/yr, or paying Dak $60M/yr, I am paying Dak easily.
Add another $100 million to Dak.

Because that’s how much dead money is left on his current contract.

And that’s why our cap is currently jacked.

And that’s why Lance is taking snaps in OTAs.

erod

Reaction score
Jones and Dak are the same guy, except Jones is a better runner.

The difference is Jones has played behind far worse offensive lines and with lesser receivers.