Where is the Prescott to the Giants noise coming from?

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't know but that noise will be sweet, sweet music to some people's ears if true, lol.
It won't be Giants fans......they've seen the 7 playoff sample size and 2-5 hasn't impressed them.

Brian Daboll is looking for the next Josh Alenn......not the next kirk cousins

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, and Daboll is a good coach for QBs. Frankly, Dak may be the best QB he'd have worked with if Dak goes there.
I don't see Jerry letting it happen...his franchised QB, who he invested years and money grooming going to a divisional rival? No way......especially when he would get a 3rd round comp pick. It would be the greatest GM/franchise neglect in the history of the NFL IMO. Not that it happened but so many wasted opportunities could have avoided it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It won't be Giants fans......they've seen the 7 playoff sample size and 2-5 hasn't impressed them.

Brian Daboll is looking for the next Josh Alenn......not the next kirk cousins
If he’s as good as he thinks he is he should be able to win with Kirk Cousins. He made the playoffs with Daniel Jones of all people.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't see Jerry letting it happen...his franchised QB, who he invested years and money grooming going to a divisional rival? No way......especially when he would get a 3rd round comp pick. It would be the greatest GM/franchise neglect in the history of the NFL IMO. Not that it happened but so many wasted opportunities could have avoided it.

Oh I agree. I'm just pointing out the ramifications if it did happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trade him to the giants

He’ll waive his ntc to go there. No doubt
Don’t see why he would want to go to the Giants, and if he were to waive his no trade clause there’s no way the Cowboys would trade him within the division. That would go down as the dumbest move in franchise history.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He knows but chooses to play mind and behavior games like a select few. Most of our fans ( 90% at least ) are well-seasoned (I prefer the term professional fans) but go out of their way to be argumentative for some reason.
This guy would pay Dak 20 million more than Daniel Jones and then preach "teams win" lololololol

Dak fans make zero sense.

Redline360

Reaction score
Has been on the local talk shows(nj) a few times. As many as you brought up it was the same as why bring in a QB who struggles in the playoffs.

A few mentioned Dak would struggle behind the OL as he would need to run...alot

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Don’t see why he would want to go to the Giants, and if he were to waive his no trade clause there’s no way the Cowboys would trade him within the division. That would go down as the dumbest move in franchise history.
Next to Dak agreeing to be traded it would be the dumbest move in NFL history. When will Cowboys fans get past this ridiculous fantasy of getting something in trade for Dak Prescott? It is never going to happen.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If my only choices were paying Daniel Jones $40M/yr, or paying Dak $60M/yr, I am paying Dak easily.
Why would you do that? Both are going to get you the same results - nowhere in the playoffs. I'd rather save the money, not marry my franchise to a proven dud, and keep the search going for the right QB. Don't pay either, and tank with a journeyman QB to get picks so you don't have to settle for a Hobson's Choice at QB.

Motorola

Reaction score
This is probably the third or fourth nugget I have heard or
Yeah Hawkeye...I've seen the same few references that popped up this past spring around internet sports media.

But they pale in comparison to the "Prescott to the Raiders" movement that surfaced last offseason ...having sprouted up here and there from a few pundits covering the league... to a lemming-like groundswell here in CZ land.reacting to these musings.
Yet - I visited numerous fansites and forums for the team - plus the official team site...nary a mention of Prescott.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Beat down? He’s a competitor. More likely he’d think he’d be in a position to beat down his former team that didn’t think he was worth keeping, twice a year. The Giants have won more Super Bowls in the salary cap era than the Cowboys. You’re funny.
Dak has defeated the Giants more than he has any other opponent. They're not a good team. I thought what I said was easy to understand. As The Rock says, "It doesn’t matter what he thinks." Dak's not much of a competitor.
He's small in big games.

So, to explain again, if he goes to a team that he actually looked good while playing against that team, it will be two less games for the stat munchers and DLS to slobber over. Instead, he will be getting the beat down from his former team twice a year. (And SBs in the cap era will have nothing to do with it... lol/smh)

csirl

Reaction score
Where does all this noise originate?

The players agent. Its always the players agent in every case in every sport.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah Hawkeye...I've seen the same few references that popped up this past spring around internet sports media.

But they pale in comparison to the "Prescott to the Raiders" movement that surfaced last offseason ...having sprouted up here and there from a few pundits covering the league... to a lemming-like groundswell here in CZ land.reacting to these musings.
Yet - I visited numerous fansites and forums for the team - plus the official team site...nary a mention of Prescott.
Las Vegas seems a like A team that will be interested. Giants, Saints, Dolphins if they don’t sign Tua. Panthers if Young crashes and burns. Steelers perhaps, Patriots,Seahawks? There will be more and more rumors involving more and more teams as Dak gets closer to free agency.

shabazz

Reaction score
If he’s as good as he thinks he is he should be able to win with Kirk Cousins. He made the playoffs with Daniel Jones of all people.
I'm glad you said " made the playoffs"...... so did the 8-9 Buccaneers and they were destroyed by us.

We "made the playoffs " and got straight molly-whopped by a wildcard team

" making the playoff" isn't a benchmark of true strength and the paper tigers get exposed.

It's about as meaningful as going 12-5 three straight seasons.....not a damn thing to show for it other than a bad draft spot. It matter WHO YOU BEAT in the season to get those 12 wins.....and more importantly, who beats you