Where is the Prescott to the Giants noise coming from?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm glad you said " made the playoffs"...... so did the 8-9 Buccaneers and they were destroyed by us.

We "made the playoffs " and got straight molly-whopped by a wildcard team

" making the playoff" isn't a benchmark of true strength and the paper tigers get exposed.

It's about as meaningful as going 12-5 three straight seasons.....not a damn thing to show for it other than a bad draft spot. It matter WHO YOU BEAT in the season to get those 12 wins.....and more importantly, who beats you
Yeah but the Buccs were injured and backed into the playoffs. Giants with Daboll overachieved and I think even beat the Vikings if I’m not mistaken.

I don’t time point. The objective is to win a SB. I don’t care if i go 8-9 and win the SB I don’t care if I win 12 games beating bad teams and do it. Style points is for the internet and blogs.

The objective is to win a ring. You can’t win a ring without getting to the playoffs. No one in their right mind would frown on winning 12 games snd making the playoffs 3 years in a row. Three chances to win a SB? Sign me up.

Motorola

Reaction score
Las Vegas seems a like A team that will be interested. Giants, Saints, Dolphins if they don’t sign Tua. Panthers if Young crashes and burns. Steelers perhaps, Patriots,Seahawks? There will be more and more rumors involving more and more teams as Dak gets closer to free agency.
As I stated in my first comment - the Vegas franchise has not shown any interested in Prescott to date.
Defense play last season was solid under interim \ now HC Antonio Pierce. Don't see him and new GM Tom Telesco at their partnership start forking over mucho draft capital for #4 -- which Jones & Jones will request in any deal. (Same with the other teams you mentioned; I could envision a couple of them biting---NO, MIA.
Patriots - count them out - swept the Belichick nepotism out.
New GM & HC selected Drake Maye as their new QB after trading former starter Jones.
Steelers gonna see if Wison still has it (no IMO) or see if Fields can actually work on being a legit league QB and eventually be the starter.

Besides- it's really just speculation all the way around - since Prescott has not indicated he want to move on - and the Cowboys FO have declared *publicly* that they still want Prescott as their QB.

Last edited:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This is probably the third or fourth nugget I have heard or read this off-season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-mailbag-super-bowl-dark-horses

From Jimmy T (@jimmy_tomredle): If the Giants move on from Daniel Jones after this upcoming season, could you see them pursuing Dak Prescott?

Jimmy, I think the Giants are keeping their options open at quarterback past this year. Obviously, the idea of moving up to draft Drake Maye was very much on the table, and that would’ve meant moving on from Jones, probably after 2024. Jones’s money isn’t guaranteed past this year, and Drew Lock could wrest playing time away from him this year if he has any bumps coming back from ACL surgery.

Or Jones could have the kind of year he did in 2022 and buy the Giants a little more time.

Look, I’m not under any illusion that Jones is going to be New York’s quarterback five years from now. But we’ve seen him play at a pretty decent level. The team holds de facto options on him for the next two years. They aren’t cheap. But they would allow the team to maintain flexibility. So would you rather have Jones on those terms, or Prescott under an agreement that would tie you to him for the next four or five years? Especially if Jones plays well?

Bottom line, I’m not ruling anything out on this one.

I'm throwing this in........lol

From AMNFL_Andy (@AMNfl_Andy): Gut feeling. Do the Cowboys extend both CeeDee and Dak long term? Or is one or both gone?

Andy, I think CeeDee Lamb’s situation might have the potential to get the nastiest this summer, and I also see him as the most likely of the three (if we include Micah Parsons) to get extended first. He’s in a contract year. His market is fairly straight-forward. Regardless of what the Dallas Cowboys do at quarterback going forward, they’re going to need a guy like him on the perimeter.

The Dak Prescott situation is complicated, and I’m not as sure it’ll get settled before real games start (though history would suggest cooler heads will prevail on that one). And the Parsons negotiation, with two years left on his deal, is a real wild card for the team.
I cannot tell a lie....LOL!!!!!!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This is probably the third or fourth nugget I have heard or read this off-season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-mailbag-super-bowl-dark-horses

From Jimmy T (@jimmy_tomredle): If the Giants move on from Daniel Jones after this upcoming season, could you see them pursuing Dak Prescott?

Jimmy, I think the Giants are keeping their options open at quarterback past this year. Obviously, the idea of moving up to draft Drake Maye was very much on the table, and that would’ve meant moving on from Jones, probably after 2024. Jones’s money isn’t guaranteed past this year, and Drew Lock could wrest playing time away from him this year if he has any bumps coming back from ACL surgery.

Or Jones could have the kind of year he did in 2022 and buy the Giants a little more time.

Look, I’m not under any illusion that Jones is going to be New York’s quarterback five years from now. But we’ve seen him play at a pretty decent level. The team holds de facto options on him for the next two years. They aren’t cheap. But they would allow the team to maintain flexibility. So would you rather have Jones on those terms, or Prescott under an agreement that would tie you to him for the next four or five years? Especially if Jones plays well?

Bottom line, I’m not ruling anything out on this one.

I'm throwing this in........lol

From AMNFL_Andy (@AMNfl_Andy): Gut feeling. Do the Cowboys extend both CeeDee and Dak long term? Or is one or both gone?

Andy, I think CeeDee Lamb’s situation might have the potential to get the nastiest this summer, and I also see him as the most likely of the three (if we include Micah Parsons) to get extended first. He’s in a contract year. His market is fairly straight-forward. Regardless of what the Dallas Cowboys do at quarterback going forward, they’re going to need a guy like him on the perimeter.

The Dak Prescott situation is complicated, and I’m not as sure it’ll get settled before real games start (though history would suggest cooler heads will prevail on that one). And the Parsons negotiation, with two years left on his deal, is a real wild card for the team.
I can see Prescot dropping back to pass in the Giant's back field, as he let's go of the ball....... BAM...... Parsons lays a hit so hard it breaks both of Prescot's ankles. The pass is intercepted and the shutout is good. Cowboys win 48-0..............

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
As I stated in my first comment - the Vegas franchise has not shown any interested in Prescott to date.
Defense play last season was solid under interim \ now HC Antonio Pierce. Don't see him and new GM Tom Telesco at their partnership start forking over mucho draft capital for #4 -- which Jones & Jones will request in any deal. (Same with the other teams you mentioned; I could envision a couple of them biting---NO, MIA.
Patriots - count them out - swept the Belichick nepotism out.
New GM & HC selected Drake Maye as their new QB after trading former starter Jones.
Steelers gonna see if Wison still has it (no IMO) or see if Fields can actually work on being a legit league QB and eventually be the starter.

Besides- it's really just speculation all the way around - since Prescott has not indicated he want to move on - and the Cowboys FO have declared *publicly* that they still want Prescott as their QB.
The landscape will change over the course of another season. Teams’ posture will be different next March than it is today. Dak will certainly sign with the Cowboys if they offer him the deal he likes the most. If there’s a more appealing offer from another team he’ll take it. He’s not handing any team a discount.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah but the Buccs were injured and backed into the playoffs. Giants with Daboll overachieved and I think even beat the Vikings if I’m not mistaken.

I don’t time point. The objective is to win a SB. I don’t care if i go 8-9 and win the SB I don’t care if I win 12 games beating bad teams and do it. Style points is for the internet and blogs.

The objective is to win a ring. You can’t win a ring without getting to the playoffs. No one in their right mind would frown on winning 12 games snd making the playoffs 3 years in a row. Three chances to win a SB? Sign me up.
Very good points but if our team was in the AFC out record would be very different and would be an actual reflection of our strength.

We would have been a wildcard team at best in the AFC last year and this season looks worse.....mark week 11 against the Texans this upcoming year and let's reevaluate our state of the union....if I'm wrong I have no problem eating crow

Motorola

Reaction score
The landscape will change over the course of another season. Teams’ posture will be different next March than it is today. Dak will certainly sign with the Cowboys if they offer him the deal he likes the most. If there’s a more appealing offer from another team he’ll take it. He’s not handing any team a discount.
Yes the landscape will change.
But my opinion is Prescott won't make it to free agency next March.
His deal with the Cowboys will get done just before the 2024 season gets underway.

Motorola

Reaction score
I can see Prescot dropping back to pass in the Giant's back field, as he let's go of the ball....... BAM...... Parsons lays a hit so hard it breaks both of Prescot's ankles. The pass is intercepted and the shutout is good. Cowboys win 48-0..............
Who's the QB of Dallas in this beatdown ...and what are his stats?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Very good points but if our team was in the AFC out record would be very different and would be an actual reflection of our strength.

We would have been a wildcard team at best in the AFC last year and this season looks worse.....mark week 11 against the Texans this upcoming year and let's reevaluate our state of the union....if I'm wrong I have no problem eating crow
I don’t consider the AFC to be a juggernaut I get we got smacked up by the Bills but they weren’t that good. I don’t think Miami was that good. Are these teams that much better than Philly and Detroit? Not so sure. These are the same teams that struggled with Philly who went down the stretch and lost to the Giants.

San Fran is the one team that just has our number year in and out for some reason. But we will see. I don’t see us winning 12 or more this year that’s for sure.

Motorola

Reaction score

Yet TMC - our Cowboys - save for one game - have underperformed in the playoffs 3 years in a row...with the last appearance 5 & 1/2 months ago being so wretched..I have not watched the replay yet.
(Will probably do so the week before TC starts..)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yet TMC - our Cowboys - save for one game - have underperformed in the playoffs 3 years in a row...with the last appearance 5 & 1/2 months ago being so wretched..I have not watched the replay yet.
(Will probably do so the week before TC starts..)
I have no defense for what happened against GB. I can sit here and tell you they lost to the 49ers and the better team won. I can’t defend the GB debacle. Just embarrassing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hahahaha send Dak to the Giants. I'd much rather have Daniel Jones. If Jones had the team around him that Dak has he would win the division and make the playoffs. And Dak would be doing what Jones is doing with the Giants.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak will certainly sign with the Cowboys if they offer him the deal he likes the most. If there’s a more appealing offer from another team he’ll take it. He’s not handing any team a discount.
I agree with this but it could certainly take another turn. I think as long as Stephen and Jerry's final offer doesn't disrespect him in his mind, yes he will resign. But if his mind they are disrespecting him, I can see him taking less to sign with another team, not much less but less. A similar situation happened with Kirk Cousin and the Commanders after his 2nd franchise. He was so ticked off ( especially Bruce Allen ) that he refused to entertain ANY offer from them and yes they were willing to offer more than he ultimately accepted.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree with this but it could certainly take another turn. I think as long as Stephen and Jerry's final offer doesn't disrespect him in his mind, yes he will resign. But if his mind they are disrespecting him, I can see him taking less to sign with another team, not much less but less. A similar situation happened with Kirk Cousin and the Commanders after his 2nd franchise. He was so ticked off ( especially Bruce Allen ) that he refused to entertain ANY offer from them and yes they were willing to offer more than he ultimately accepted.
The Cowboys not signing Prescott to a contract commensurate with other top quarterbacks in the NFL has to be discouraging for him. France certainly has an idea of what the offers will be for free agent Dak after this season. At this point it’s probably more sensible for the Cowboys to let him reach free agency. That way they only have to outbid interested teams. No guessing. To sign him now is a minimum $55 million AAV. If it takes more than that next March, it won’t be much more. Between now and then the team can consider other viable options for quarterback.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is there some tampering by the NYG going on concerning Prescott's new contract?