Where KSK was WRONG!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he has defied the odds for a while now. i hope he goes out on his own terms. its sad to watch guys stay too long

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He wasn’t provided the weapons last year and still led Pats to 12 wins.

He’s a threat with the weapons in Tampa and with a good enough defense to go all the way .

Meanwhile without an Elite QB the Patriots are 2-4 after their worst home loss in Belichick era and 3 game losing streak . I read it broke the longest streak in NFL history between a team having a 3 game losing streak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tom Brady. Holy Crapp. Not only was I wrong, I was soooooooooooooooo wrong. Dude is lighting it up like I never thought possible at his age.
Takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

Don’t beat yourself up . Many fans thought it was always more about Bill. Tom is proving that wrong so far.

kskboys

Reaction score
Takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

Don’t beat yourself up . Many fans thought it was always more about Bill. Tom is proving that wrong so far.
It wasn't that. I thought and still believe that they are both great. I thought Brady was done due to age.

Pape

Reaction score
It wasn't that. I thought and still believe that they are both great. I thought Brady was done due to age.

A lot of it had to do with the lack of talent on the roster at the skill positions, and i told you that last year... which is being born out this season in New England... Nothing was done to address those issues... Now, with a much inferior QB in the starting role, we see the net effect of having a guy like Brady under center...

Its a shame he left... New England should have treated him better in those final two seasons... If they did he never would have left for a greener sideline...

kskboys

Reaction score
A lot of it had to do with the lack of talent on the roster at the skill positions, and i told you that last year... which is being born out this season in New England... Nothing was done to address those issues... Now, with a much inferior QB in the starting role, we see the net effect of having a guy like Brady under center...

Its a shame he left... New England should have treated him better in those final two seasons... If they did he never would have left for a greener sideline...
I think a lot of it is the arrogance of Belly.

Pape

Reaction score
I think a lot of it is the arrogance of Belly.

yeah, you are most likely correct... i'm sure he has a healthy ego...

Brady hid a lot of the defects on the team for years... and now that he isn't there, we are sucking wind... so yeah, time for a rebuild, not a retooling of the roster... I wouldn't mind paying the price, both in picks and cap cash, to pluck Dak off your roster next season, injured or not... QB's are the engine that drive the league...

Its also why the whole Brady v Belichick thing is blah to me... they have two separate jobs, and at no point are there honest to god points of comparison... together, they were great, the best HC/QB combo in modern day Super Bowl era ( I'd say the all-time greatest, but I don't know league history well enough ) ... Brady has shown he can still play well, and in a different system no less... now its up to Belichick to show what he can do... Brady has earned his validation already... Belichicks validation comes with time... Can he now rebuild a contender?

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah, you are most likely correct... i'm sure he has a healthy ego...

Brady hid a lot of the defects on the team for years... and now that he isn't there, we are sucking wind... so yeah, time for a rebuild, not a retooling of the roster... I wouldn't mind paying the price, both in picks and cap cash, to pluck Dak off your roster next season, injured or not... QB's are the engine that drive the league...

Its also why the whole Brady v Belichick thing is blah to me... they have two separate jobs, and at no point are there honest to god points of comparison... together, they were great, the best HC/QB combo in modern day Super Bowl era ( I'd say the all-time greatest, but I don't know league history well enough ) ... Brady has shown he can still play well, and in a different system no less... now its up to Belichick to show what he can do... Brady has earned his validation already... Belichicks validation comes with time... Can he now rebuild a contender?
Belly is easily the best coach of is era and top 5 all time. IMO, Belly is tanking. Very wisely, also. There are 3 QB's worth drafting top 10. If Belly can get any of the 3, this season will be wildly successful for him.

Yes, Belly and Brady were both great. The two comparisons that I would make are Montana/Walsh and Starr/Lombardi.

Having a great coach or QB w/o the other is mostly going to be ineffective.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Belichick is the greatest defensive guru of this era .

Brady elevated everyone around him on offense and enabled Bill to be a cheapskate managing the Cap.

Pape

Reaction score
Belichick is the greatest defensive guru of this era .

Brady elevated everyone around him on offense and enabled Bill to be a cheapskate managing the Cap.

You are wrong with the "cheapskate" shot... They arent cheap, ala Mike Brown in CIncinnatti ...

The Patriots have always spent money, and have always been close to the cap... and make no mistake Brady always got paid - usually in a large chunk of change up front - he just never broke the bank though - That helped the team manage him and the overall roster in a way that was cap beneficial to the team ... That always allowed the Patriots to have quality depth at multiple positions (except WR because we suck at managing that particular skill position)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are wrong with the "cheapskate" shot... They arent cheap, ala Mike Brown in CIncinnatti ...

The Patriots have always spent money, and have always been close to the cap... and make no mistake Brady always got paid - usually in a large chunk of change up front - he just never broke the bank though - That helped the team manage him and the overall roster in a way that was cap beneficial to the team ... That always allowed the Patriots to have quality depth at multiple positions (except WR because we suck at managing that particular skill position)
Sounds like a Patriot fans overly sensitive about Belicheat who has never sniffed a championship as HC without Brady.

EST_1986

Reaction score

He was right to leave, they depending so much on him they refused to get him a real supporting cast. Guy is 43 and still top 5 currently playing. Bellichek screwed that up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
BTW... every team is mandated to spend a certain amount of the Cap thus they are all close to spending it all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He was right to leave, they depending so much on him they refused to get him a real supporting cast. Guy is 43 and still top 5 currently playing. Bellichek screwed that up.
This current scenario is perfect to wage the argument between who was more important. And it couldn’t be unfolding any better for those who felt Brady was a bigger part of the equation.

Pape

Reaction score
Sounds like a Patriot fans overly sensitive about Belicheat who has never sniffed a championship as HC without Brady.

you read what i wrote and came away with that? lol, okay... dont take pot shots at me because you dont know what you are talking about

and considering BB has spent 20 years of his 26 years as a head coach with Brady .... yeah, I'll let you try to figure out the math

And either way, If Belichick doesn't get the Pats to the big game again, so be it... Its been one hell of a 20 year ride...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you read what i wrote and came away with that? lol, okay... dont take pot shots at me because you dont know what you are talking about

and considering BB has spent 20 years of his 26 years as a head coach with Brady .... yeah, I'll let you try to figure out the math

And either way, If Belichick doesn't get the Pats to the big game again, so be it... Its been one hell of a 20 year ride...
A ride that without Brady probably would have been much different. That’s who I’d be building statues of.

Pape

Reaction score
A ride that without Brady probably would have been much different. That’s who I’d be building statues of.

Im not knocking Brady... have said several times it was a mistake to let him walk out the door at 1 Patriot Place... he should never have worn another teams jersey...

with that said, I'd build 2... One for each...

Brady is the GOAT qb ... there is no argument... Belichick is the Goat coach ... there is no argument...

Together, they were the perfect storm that raged for two decades...

Does Belichick win 6 without Brady? Does Brady win 6 without Belichick? Doesn't matter what one might think, because they did it together.

at the end of the day though, Brady isnt in New England anymore... got to ride with the ponies you got left...

Go Pats

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im not knocking Brady... have said several times it was a mistake to let him walk out the door at 1 Patriot Place... he should never have worn another teams jersey...

with that said, I'd build 2... One for each...

Brady is the GOAT qb ... there is no argument... Belichick is the Goat coach ... there is no argument...

Together, they were the perfect storm that raged for two decades...

Does Belichick win 6 without Brady? Does Brady win 6 without Belichick? Doesn't matter what one might think, because they did it together.

at the end of the day though, Brady isnt in New England anymore... got to ride with the ponies you got left...

Go Pats
Screw the Pats. Go Bucs.
Prove it was more about Brady.

And what’s a pats fan doing here anyway? Trolling the Cowboys probably.