Where KSK was WRONG!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I disagree there. Factor in their defensive weapons too? To me Evans and Godwin were the best duo in the league. Factor in Howard and Brate....Jones at running back....this before they added Gronk and Fournette.
I was only familiar with Evans. But I certainly don’t recall Tampa being considered “ stacked” after 7-9 season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was only familiar with Evans. But I certainly don’t recall Tampa being considered “ stacked” after 7-9 season.
Yeah that’s why Brady went there. They have the best receiving core in the league. Cameron Brate is also a very good tight end. They didn’t have many holes on offense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Brady has had the good fortune to play in an era when they are not allowed to hit him.. That's the number one reason for his longevity. Aside from that let's revisit how much zip that 43 year old arm still has left in December. Typically old dudes wear down as the season wears on.. The good news for Brady is that playing in Tampa he isn't likely to have to deal with a lot of New England type weather late in the season. He will however probably have to play at least one game in an absolute monsoon. That should be fun to watch. I also think people carrying on like he left NE to play for an expansion team are a bit misguided. Tampa was a 11-12 win team LAST year if their QB hadn't turned the ball over 40 times. Leaving everything else the same and removing Winston from the equation made them a contender almost regardless of how well Brady played.. as long as he didn't give it away that often. Kudos to him for playing pretty good to this point.. I hope he keeps it up.. the folks in Tampa need one of their teams to get to the promised land... oh wait...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not knocking Brady... have said several times it was a mistake to let him walk out the door at 1 Patriot Place... he should never have worn another teams jersey...

with that said, I'd build 2... One for each...

Brady is the GOAT qb ... there is no argument... Belichick is the Goat coach ... there is no argument...

Together, they were the perfect storm that raged for two decades...

Does Belichick win 6 without Brady? Does Brady win 6 without Belichick? Doesn't matter what one might think, because they did it together.

at the end of the day though, Brady isnt in New England anymore... got to ride with the ponies you got left...

Go Pats

Yeah, but if Brady gets one without him in Tampa......thats gonna shine a whole different light on that era in NE.

Pape

Reaction score
Yeah, but if Brady gets one without him in Tampa......thats gonna shine a whole different light on that era in NE.
no doubt... i will let you all argue that out...

me? i love em both, for their contributions of 20 great years of New England football

wont knock tom, wont knock bill... thats what makes the whole tom vs bill argument bleh to me

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Brady has had the good fortune to play in an era when they are not allowed to hit him.. That's the number one reason for his longevity. Aside from that let's revisit how much zip that 43 year old arm still has left in December. Typically old dudes wear down as the season wears on.. The good news for Brady is that playing in Tampa he isn't likely to have to deal with a lot of New England type weather late in the season. He will however probably have to play at least one game in an absolute monsoon. That should be fun to watch. I also think people carrying on like he left NE to play for an expansion team are a bit misguided. Tampa was a 11-12 win team LAST year if their QB hadn't turned the ball over 40 times. Leaving everything else the same and removing Winston from the equation made them a contender almost regardless of how well Brady played.. as long as he didn't give it away that often. Kudos to him for playing pretty good to this point.. I hope he keeps it up.. the folks in Tampa need one of their teams to get to the promised land... oh wait...
Bucs last 3 seasons:
7-9, 5-11, 5-11

Tampa has been a bottom dweller teams for years. New England 12-4 team last year and 2018 SB Champs.

And Tampa is still in a fight for their division with Saints. While Brady had elevated the Bucs still don’t know if it’s enough to take them all the way.

But as in NE it’s blatantly obvious how critical QB is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Tom Brady. Holy Crapp. Not only was I wrong, I was soooooooooooooooo wrong. Dude is lighting it up like I never thought possible at his age.
I have no respect for anyone who talks about themselves in 3rd party. Like, who the **** do you think you are?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Brady has lasted this long b/c he gets rid of the ball quickly and doesn't run much. He's also a workout , diet, and recovery fanatic. If it was so easy in this or any era, why aren't we seeing more guys over 40 playing at pro bowl levels? We don't. Brady is an outlier.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
he has defied the odds for a while now. i hope he goes out on his own terms. its sad to watch guys stay too long

True. Joe Namath stuck around too long. I remember seeing him play for the Rams when he hobbled around and he had very little skill left. Jim McMahan hung around too long also. He went from being a Super Bowl winning quarterback to a decent journeyman backup.