Where the Jones' regime has failed the most

JustChip

Reaction score
The big miss was Sean Payton.

Should have moved Parcella to whatever title Will McClay and/Stephen now have...then Payton could have stayed as the Head Coach.
I don’t know about that. Sure, Sean had some success in NO, but situations and circumstances and they’re simply not the same. Sean’s strength was with the offense, yet he had essentially been fired in NY as the OC.

It’s certainly questionable how successful Sean would’ve been in NO had he not had Brees. It’s akin to the Belichik - Brady debate. We’ll see how Sean does in Denver without Brees.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm convinced at this point that the only reason Jerry still insists on staying GM is because he doesn't want the fans to be proven right about Jerry the GM. The worst thing that could happen for Jerr's ego is to step back, hire a GM, and then that GM engineers a SB win shortly after, thus proving over 20 years of fan opinion of Jerry the GM being incompetent.
Jerry would rather not win a super bowl than hire a GM and win 4 super bowls.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I defended Jerry for the longest time. The early 90s was so amazing. That bought 20 years of immunity IMHO. Everyone has their own personal breaking point. I reached mine a few years back. Honestly the whole J Smooth fiasco was the last straw. The early 90s are now ancient history. This organization is clearly dysfunctional now. I will be nothing but critical until they start to do things that deserve praise.