Where was the urgency to win while Dak was cheap?

Zordon

Reaction score
Looking back on the last 3 years can you tell me where were the FA moves to address the safety position, DT position, add another big time weapon or two on offense to try and steal a Super Bowl while Dak was still cheap?

Why didn't we swing for the fences to try to steal one while our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal like the Eagles successfully did, like the Rams/Ravens/Browns are currently doing.

What was the point of this conservative approach if we can't even sign our own FA's today?

I've never seen another franchise more comfortable just being "in it" and unwilling to take the next step to being a legitimate contender.

Such a ******* wasted opportunity.

John813

Reaction score
We like what we have.

Plus, Heath nearly killed a guy. That has to count for something. And that Irving guy will be a stud DT.

dwreck27

Reaction score
None. We will now have to deal with Daks contract being the reason we still cannot make any moves

Big_D

Reaction score
You can say this about Zeke, Lawrence and the entire Oline. A completely wasted opportunity. But no one wants to win more than Jerry?? If there was any sense of urgency he wouldn't be wasting these players on this coach. That's the unfortunate situation this team is in right now.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Looking back on the last 3 years can you tell me where were the FA moves to address the safety position, DT position, add another big time weapon or two on offense to try and steal a Super Bowl while Dak was still cheap?

Why didn't we swing for the fences to try to steal one while our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal like the Eagles successfully did, like the Rams/Ravens/Browns are currently doing.

What was the point of this conservative approach if we can't even sign our own FA's today?

I've never seen another franchise more comfortable just being "in it" and unwilling to take the next step to being a legitimate contender.

And what's the point of even signing our own guys if you won't improve the overall team? I'm so sick of watching players waste their prime years here. We'll lock up Zeke, hope he can score 4 TDs on 35 carries a game for the next few years to make up for other deficiencies, then by the time we finally address those other deficiencies through a draft waaaay down the road, Zeke will be on his way out.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dak's ascension was a fluke

It coincided with what was supposed to be Romo's coronation

We were planning to win with Romo.... it is just a hard thing to do

Dak getting 25m will not prevent us from winning... it the cost of doing business

The cap has gone up 30m since Dak was drafted

Zordon

Reaction score
You can say this about Zeke, Lawrence and the entire Oline. A completely wasted opportunity. But no one wants to win more than Jerry?? If there was any sense of urgency he wouldn't be wasting these players on this coach. That's the unfortunate situation this team is in right now.
Cheap Zeke, cheap D-Law, sane Irving/Gregory, prime oline...all wasted.

RamziD

Reaction score
No urgency. They believe they are in win forever mode. I don’t get why they were cheap. Can’t even sign your own guys.

Too afraid to make bold moves. Too afraid to tank and trade players for more draft picks. They’re content with where they are and don’t want to rock the boat. It’s not like signing Dak long term is some bold move. 90% of other teams would be doing the same thing right now if Dak played for them.

They will let D-Law play on the tag this year because thats the safe choice. They will then let him walk in the offseason and claim the new coaching staff had some problem with keeping him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers happened, @Zordon. The Cowboys got robbed by a bad call and an impossible throw. It's just that simple. The urgency was absolutely there, we just got beat by Aaron Rodgers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Urgency and a "1 player away mentality" is how Jerry operated for almost 20 years before his son took over and drafted Martin over Manziel, declined to trade up for QB Lynch and instead waited and drafted Dak.

The talent acquisition has been the best since Jimmy departed in recent years with S.Jones running the daily operations.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Ok let’s look at the past super bowl winners that used this strategy:

2017 Eagles
2013 Seahawks

so what this is the only way to GM a football team now? Not impressed

ryanbabs

Reaction score

Good point. That’s what the Browns and Ravens are doing now. Rams did it last year and look what happened.