Where was the urgency to win while Dak was cheap?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Romo's contract
And they are about to do another Romo contract with DAK.

But they also have to squeeze in another half dozen more if they are going to win going forward.

Give the ownership some credit.

They at least this time have assembled the talent to win it all possibly.

Hindsight is only 50/50.

You seem to think it is clairvoyance.

It ain't.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And they about to do another Romo contract with DAK.

But they also have to squeeze in another half dozen more if they are going to win going forward.

Give the ownership some credit.

They at least this time have assembled the talent to win it all possibly.

Hindsight is only 50/50.

You seem to think it is clairvoyance.

It ain't.
The difference is Dak will be playing and is not hurt. When Dak took over everything that was in placed was for Romo. We could not start to build around Dak until Romo's contract was over. Out goes Dez and we get lucky with Cooper....Dak friendly they called it. Out goes Linehan and in comes Moore....Dak friendly is what they called it. Out goes TWill and in comes Gallup....Dak friendly is what they called it. Out goes Cole and in comes Austin....Dak friendly is what they called it. The saga continues. Operation the Dak Take Over.....its real!

visionary

Reaction score
Looking back on the last 3 years can you tell me where were the FA moves to address the safety position, DT position, add another big time weapon or two on offense to try and steal a Super Bowl while Dak was still cheap?

Why didn't we swing for the fences to try to steal one while our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal like the Eagles successfully did, like the Rams/Ravens/Browns are currently doing.

What was the point of this conservative approach if we can't even sign our own FA's today?

I've never seen another franchise more comfortable just being "in it" and unwilling to take the next step to being a legitimate contender.

Such a ******* wasted opportunity.

We are winning
We good
This is it

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The difference is Dak will be playing and is not hurt. When Dak took over everything that was in placed was for Romo. We could not start to build around Dak until Romo's contract was over. Out goes Dez and we get lucky with Cooper....Dak friendly they called it. Out goes Linehan and in comes Moore....Dak friendly is what they called it. Out goes TWill and in comes Gallup....Dak friendly is what they called it. Out goes Cole and in comes Austin....Dak friendly is what they called it. The saga continues. Operation the Dak Take Over.....its real!
Understood.

You have to pass the torch.

Are saying this is OK or just more diversion on ownerships part to keep fans supporting everything?

Not clear about your point.

:huh:

ICP

Reaction score
The ugency to win when Dak was cheap is in the same place it is now...Nonexistant

dckid

Reaction score
Ok let’s look at the past super bowl winners that used this strategy:

2017 Eagles
2013 Seahawks

so what this is the only way to GM a football team now? Not impressed
No one is trying to impress you bro. This cheap QB strategy is the biggest advantage in pro football right now.
The Bears, Rams, Eagles,Chiefs, Browns are all doing it. We should have been selling out trying to maximize while Dak and Zeke were cheap. I would have rather paid Allen Robinson in the offseason then trade a number 1 for Cooper. Call me crazy sign talent when it is available and don’t trade away draft picks.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Looking back on the last 3 years can you tell me where were the FA moves to address the safety position, DT position, add another big time weapon or two on offense to try and steal a Super Bowl while Dak was still cheap?

Why didn't we swing for the fences to try to steal one while our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal like the Eagles successfully did, like the Rams/Ravens/Browns are currently doing.

What was the point of this conservative approach if we can't even sign our own FA's today?

I've never seen another franchise more comfortable just being "in it" and unwilling to take the next step to being a legitimate contender.

Who have they lost that they wanted to keep?

dckid

Reaction score
what a lie that was,i guess they are happy just counting money.
Jerry has zero motivation. 3 SB’s, HOF, owner of the most valuable franchise. Why should he care? He won against Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy didn’t get in the hall, he will never be in the ring of honor. All the former players kiss Jerry’s ring. He just wants to keep raking in the cash. This team makes up most of his net worth. We are the suckers.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
I said it before hindsight ended up proving most correct.

That Romo contract was one of the worst single decisions in franchise history.

Off major back surgery, 34 years old, injury prone, and we sign him to a contract that consumed a huge chunk of cap space.

I’m your average fan, and I could see how stupid that was. Think about offering that contact that when you do this everyday as a full time job. DUMB

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
A) Dak sucks. Stop pretending we have a Russ or Maholmes on a rookie contract.

B) 3 years ago Romo and his salary were on the books

C) 2 years ago Romo's dead money hit the cap

D) This is really now where we are free and clear. And you may wish we did more and spent poorly this first week of free agency but we literally traded away our 1st mid-season for a WR. What part of that screams not trying while Dak is cheap?

E) See Point A

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

You do remember who the top brass are here right? You will not confuse them with the rams or egirls top brass and we don't NEVER have to mention the pats.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They couldnt do anything because they were still under the gun with the salary cap. Thanks to Romo and Witten and DEZ.
The dez deal was a disaster, but this is good example of the cowboys signing their own guys, and it didnt lead to much.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I said it before hindsight ended up proving most correct.

That Romo contract was one of the worst single decisions in franchise history.

Off major back surgery, 34 years old, injury prone, and we sign him to a contract that consumed a huge chunk of cap space.

I’m your average fan, and I could see how stupid that was. Think about offering that contact that when you do this everyday as a full time job. DUMB

There are still fans who think Romo was perfectly fine and ready to play with no concerns going forward.l at the end. That he still had years left in him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A) Dak sucks. Stop pretending we have a Russ or Maholmes on a rookie contract.

B) 3 years ago Romo and his salary were on the books

C) 2 years ago Romo's dead money hit the cap

D) This is really now where we are free and clear. And you may wish we did more and spent poorly this first week of free agency but we literally traded away our 1st mid-season for a WR. What part of that screams not trying while Dak is cheap?

E) See Point A
jones boys think dak is as good as mahomes ! lol
and garrett is as good as tom landry ! They just need to GET him a SB !

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There are still fans who think Romo was perfectly fine and ready to play with no concerns going forward.l at the end. That he still had years left in him.
Romo looked good that last game of 2016, and it is pure speculation and opinion, to say he couldnt take hits and was done, or that he was ok
and could have played few more years.
Jones boys made a decision, and Romo retired, so we will never know for sure.
Romo said afterwards in a early game as announcer that he was fine and could have kept playing.