Where will LeBron build his super (friends) team?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not sure what exactly we are even debating at this point.
The Lakers were a 26 win team. They've added a great prospect in Lonzo Ball but he's a kid who can't shoot it all that well.
No that team doesnt match up to CLE 2016. If you disagree I seriously question if you've bothered looking at the rosters.

CLE had legit veteran players like Deron Williams and Richard Jefferson as bench scrubs. They were shallow but shallow with vets.
The Lakers lack proven NBA players.
And right now only Ingram and Ball have the type of cache around the league to warrant much of anything in trade.

LBJ is not playing with those guys man. He's just not. So if he goes to the Lakers that roster would have to be overhauled same way it was in CLE.

Julius Randle played his HS ball 5 minutes from me and I am familiar with his trainer/coach JWebster and that AAU program Texas Titans/Nike Pro Skills Elite. I truly hope he achieves greatness but his trade value right now is a low first or 2nd round pick. He's a 6'7" lefty power forward that has limited shooting range.

I said Lebron with PGeorge added wtih the talent the Lakers have (which I pointed out). Cleveland 2016 had basically no bench. You disagree, I seriously question if you've bothered looking at the rosters. So because Cleveland had old bench scrubs, they get a pass because they are vets?

So YOU know who Lebron is playing with? lol. His WIFE wants to live in LA full time. People that are close to him say he wants to live in LA full time to persue his entertainment media stuff in the offseason. Randle's value is a low 2nd round pick? LOL! You obviously don't folllow the Lakers. Randle this offseason, transformed his body and looks like an adonis, he has worked endlessly on his outside shot, and his own trainer has seen the improvement, been on radio/social media talking about how much his game has improved. I'm guessing you are either a Spurs/Dallas/Boston fan that hates the Lakers and doesn't want to see Lebron on there.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Multiple NBA executives reportedly expect LeBron James to sign with the Lakers in free agency
Aug 25, 2017
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...eland-cavaliers-magic-johnson-ownership-house

540549180_LEBRONTWEET_122_410lo.jpg

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I said Lebron with PGeorge added wtih the talent the Lakers have (which I pointed out). Cleveland 2016 had basically no bench. You disagree, I seriously question if you've bothered looking at the rosters. So because Cleveland had old bench scrubs, they get a pass because they are vets?

So YOU know who Lebron is playing with? lol. His WIFE wants to live in LA full time. People that are close to him say he wants to live in LA full time to persue his entertainment media stuff in the offseason. Randle's value is a low 2nd round pick? LOL! You obviously don't folllow the Lakers. Randle this offseason, transformed his body and looks like an adonis, he has worked endlessly on his outside shot, and his own trainer has seen the improvement, been on radio/social media talking about how much his game has improved. I'm guessing you are either a Spurs/Dallas/Boston fan that hates the Lakers and doesn't want to see Lebron on there.
This is a Dallas Cowboys forum, so not the place for homer NBA fans to get their jollies patting each other on the back. There's dozens of Lakers forums for that.
They are all delusional.
If you are following along at home this will be the 3rd time LeBron "was going" to the Lakers in free agency. They are always a super team in the making that hasn't signed a decent free agent in half decade.

All that said I placed the Lakers in my top 5 destinations for him. Hell, I had him at 2.

We simply disagree on a few common sense things.

1. LeBron isn't playing with scrubs. Period. And he's not playing with kids. He's trying to win now. So wherever he signs the team will be re-made to fit him.
2. The 26 win Lakers were absolutely trash so those players do not have high values around the league with the exception of Ingram and now Ball who both have high ceilings and scouts attention.

And a few factual things.
I have followed Julius Randle long before you knew he existed. He's been a big time AAU kid in Dallas since 13 years old.
He's a solid NBA prospect but he's not yet a legit starter anywhere. He's working to remake his body and shot because they both needed major work. He's also not very good with that right hand yet.
IF those results were to pay off then his trade value would reflect that. But right now he's at best Jae Crowder. --Randle is a better rebounder but lesser shooter.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don't think the Wade-Lebron union will be as successful the first.
Frankly, I think Cleveland would struggle to make the playoffs this coming year if they were in the west.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't think the Wade-Lebron union will be as successful the first.
Frankly, I think Cleveland would struggle to make the playoffs this coming year if they were in the west.
Key for CLE this year will be the Boston trade and how that goes.
DWade, DRose and LeBron aren't gonna be motivated for a full 82 games.
But if you get them to the playoffs healthy they will be good in those.
West being so much deeper and tougher is another reason I think LeBron stays East if given a legit chance.

CLE needed to shake up that team with some younger, hungrier guys and I think they've done that tho we have to see on the health of IT.

ghst187

Reaction score
Key for CLE this year will be the Boston trade and how that goes.
DWade, DRose and LeBron aren't gonna be motivated for a full 82 games.
But if you get them to the playoffs healthy they will be good in those.
West being so much deeper and tougher is another reason I think LeBron stays East if given a legit chance.

CLE needed to shake up that team with some younger, hungrier guys and I think they've done that tho we have to see on the health of IT.

Agree on all. If Lebron went west, It'd have to be a prebuilt contender near the top already. Staying in the east give him more shots on goal at getting to the finals where at least you have a shot. It's like the Pats since 2000 or the 80s and 90s 49ers. They play in the worst division year after year and ride that to homefield and at least a SB appearance where eventually you will win some.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So I came up with:
1. Philly. If Philly is tired of losing that team has the right draft picks and cap space and young talent to trade to make a viable Super Friends option close to CLE. LeBron loves worst to first stories and it's in the East.
2. LAL. Lakers are on a liberal coast with cap space and young bodies to trade. MAgic is really whom LeBron patterned his game after --partly why MJ has always been salty towards LBJ favoring his imitator Kobe.
3. DAL. Cuban is as outspoken against Trump as any owner. Team is player friendly and will work with power brokers. Have great cap space and good secondary type players to use or trade. Dirk makes a great 4 to LBJs 3 with his ability to spread the floor and hit 3s. And Dirk would play for peanuts as a 6th man.
4. PHX. Young talent and tons of cap cash. Retirement destination.
5. Chicago Bulls. Bulls tear down is almost complete and they tons of cap space. Big city in the East, home of proper politics. Did the DWade sour relationship in CHI hurt them too much with Bron?

3. Cuban is still mad about "The Benefactor" lol