Which Analyst/Reporter annoys you the most

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Linda Cohn...God I hate her. "For the love of elevation"...Get a new saying you troll.
Theismann and Maguire were easily the worst team in history.
Stuart Scott
Jen Engle...used to like her until she took the LBOH stuff too far.

the_h0wey said:
You can't be serious...I guess we can agree to disagree the guy is a freaking gimmick
:hammer: Steven A is a joke.

doomsday81

Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
joe theismann- nuff said
JAWS- what a tool
joe buck- pencil neck geek
berman- 49ers homer
aikman- just kidding lol
suzy kolber- like she knows about the game of football
boomer esiason- more of a tool than JAWS

geez i could go on and on

I don't like Suzy Kolber either but your reference that she can't have anything to do with pro football because she's a female is a pretty idiotic statement. You know, with this being 2006 and all and women actually being able to vote. I'll tell you why your point is stupid. You are insinuating that she doesn't know anything about football because she's a female and never played the game. How often do you think John Clayton and some of those other writers/analysts/broadcasters got on the field? You don't have to play the game to understand the game and be a good reporter, no matter what sex you are. Just look at some of the former players that have been hired. They played the game but are some of the worst broadcasters/analysts I've ever seen in my life.

doomsday81

Reaction score
eman721 said:
I could write a doctoral dissertation on the guys that I don't like, so I will stick to just talking about the guys I DO like.

Tom Jackson - My all-time favorite football talking head personality. I think he is very knowledgeable, and I honestly think that I have only found myself disagreeing with him once or twice in the 16 or so years that I have watched him.

The rest, in no particular order...

Al Michaels - Best PBP guy out there, though I always enjoyed Summerall's style of saying next to nothing and seemingly never raising his voice.

Troy Aikman - The guy is just plain good, and he will occasionally bring some very good observations to the table. I have some admitted Cowboys bias here as well.

Daryl Johnston - See Aikman.

Dan Fouts - Man, I wish that they would bring him back to pro football. He was absolutely great the one year that he was on MNF, and has continued to do a great job in college.

Chris Berman - I know, I know. An incredibly unpopular choice. However, I have always LOVED NFL Primetime. It was easily my favorite show PERIOD from when I was probably about 5 to 18. Maybe it was the music, maybe it was the fact that he was sitting alongside Tom Jackson, but for some reason I just always liked Berman.

Mike Patrick - The second best PBP guy out there. Used to be my favorite, until I had to deal with him doing PBP during the college B-ball season. The guy could not love dook or Coach K any more if he tried, and it absolutely makes me sick.

Chris Collinsworth - The guy is funny and knows a thing or two about football. I'm looking forward to seeing him on Sunday Night Football.

John Madden - Yes, I know. The guy is ********. But isn't that the appeal? The lovable idiot.

Michael Irvin - There is some admitted Cowboys bias working here, but the guy gets several laughs out of me a show. Yes, I want to throw my remote at his head sometimes, but it's all out of love. Or something.

OK, that's all I can think of right now. Feel free to rip me.

Wow, I finally met someone who likes Mike Patrick. :) In my opinion, the worst of all-time. All he ever says are things like "How good in Peyton Manning?" or "Is Brett Favre special or what?" He's the biggest superstar ballwasher in the history of broadcasting.

illone

Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
has any one noticed that from time to time one of Stuart Scotts Eyes, i believe its his right eye, is like floating a differen't way like WAY away? i can notice it though his sunglasses he wears

Yea. He got that from a freak training camp incident back in 2002. I think it was the Jets TC, but this guy asked them to turn the throwing machine up to full speed. Not a good idea, obviously, because the ball came at him too fast, he couldn't recover, and it nailed him in the eye.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Put my vote down for Joey T, I can't stand him!. Paul McGuire a close 2nd.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Linda Cohn...God I hate her. "For the love of elevation"...Get a new saying you troll.
Theismann and Maguire were easily the worst team in history.
Stuart Scott
Jen Engle...used to like her until she took the LBOH stuff too far.

:hammer: Steven A is a joke.

Thank God someone else thinks so i cant stand the guy

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
Joe Theismann is my least favorite...but never reallyl been a fan of Chris Collinsworth...........use to drive me nuts when he'd get a cowboys game and later on HBO

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Theisman, Mcguire, Cross, Christiansen (is he still announcing), Young, Berman.
Assuming this includes studio people and not limited to announcers.

On another note, one announcer I liked and retired early was Merlin Olsen.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
can I vote for madden or is that not allowed
that man I know he is a football genius but holy crap he comes off as a moron to me.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Joey T. and everyone else from the old ESPN Sunday Night crew Salisbury and Jaws and there are many more Dan Dierdorf, Madden's idiocy, Joe Buck Sharpe, Irvin's mouth, Dikta's bossy attitude, Dennis Millers lack of knowledge.....yada yada
In reporting: Cowlishaw, Bayless, JFE & Jim Rome....

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Theisman really is just to easy a target,

So for my two cents I'll have to admit a special dislike for Boomer Esiason, he drives me absolutely crazy.

In the booth I really don't like Phil Simms either.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe "I'm not an NFL expert, but I play one on TV" Theismann

-Reality

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
Theisman, Theisman and Theisman. Any one else is at least tolerable. Theisman is the NFL's version of Bill Walton. If they are on doing a game...the volume goes off.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
It's funny no one liked Theisman when he was playing and winning games for the Skins.

How he has been on TV this long amazes me, I know no one who likes him.

Does he have photos of some network executives?

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
AtlCB said:
Madden usually gets a break, since he was one of the best announcers before he become senile.

That is correct. He was head and shoulders above the other announcers when he first started. That wore off in the late 80s however. In the early 80s, Madden was the man!

illone

Reaction score
The list would be shorter for announcers/reporters that I actually enjoy.

Aikman, Madden and Al Michaels are about it. The fox pre-game guys are cool although JB went to CBS for this season:(. Howie, Jimmy, and Terry are usually funny and don't take everything so serious.

Tom Jackson is a tool. I can't stand him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
illone said:
The list would be shorter for announcers/reporters that I actually enjoy.

Aikman, Madden and Al Michaels are about it. The fox pre-game guys are cool although JB went to CBS for this season:(. Howie, Jimmy, and Terry are usually funny and don't take everything so serious.

Tom Jackson is a tool. I can't stand him.
Pretty much my answer too. I said it's more fun to watch the game in a group and yell and tell stories over each other than to listen to the announcers.