Which Analyst/Reporter annoys you the most

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Where to start, where to end.

Peter King - hasn't been remotely good in 10 years. Writes an incredible amount of fluff. His analysis has always been weak, but he used to be solid at reporting and even that is pretty weak at this point. I don't see how he gets all this praise when he's pretty much a watered down, mainstream reporter. Can't remember the last time I read one of his columns and thought "gee, what a great column" or "that's a great, but different take on things" or even "well, he has a good point."

Pete Prisco - Moron. Provides almost no solid analysis and doesn't report well.

Sean Salisbury - What's disappointing about him is that he's a former NFL QB and yet he almost never provides any detailed analysis on how the position is played. The only redeeming quality he has is when you stay up late at night after MNF and he'll do some solid analysis of what went on. Even then, he'll completely contradict himself throughout the week.

The Engels - I was never a big fan of their reporting, but their whine fest when Parcells wasn't talking to the media during the offseason just utterly disgraced themselves in my eyes. The fans told them that they didn't want to hear a million questions about T.O. and they told us that we didn't know what we were talking about and they wouldn't do that, and guess what, the media asked Parcells 35 questions about T.O. in his first press conference.

Gregg Easterbrook - First off, the guy is plain creepy with his obsession with NFL cheerleaders. Second, his jokes become old rather quickly. Lastly, I've grown tired of having to explain to him why teams blitz and why good defenses typicaly record a lot of sacks.....only for him to come back with some statistic that isn't relevant or accurate.

Chris Berman - 1. His Howard Cosell impression is awful. 2. You don't need to yell every two seconds. 3. When you're at a HOF or All Star ceremony announcing people, don't announce them with the nicknames you gave them because you're just getting yourself over...not the player. 4. Stop yelling!. 5. He's known as an all time colossal jerk.

Maguire and Theismann - Y'know, I've actually seen them go a first quarter with some excellent commentary. But then they just can't help themselves and they try to be too likeable and they try to funny and they wind up ruining the game.

Joe Buck - Sadly, this guy who got where he was solely because of his mommy and daddy winds up taking up the TV time, botching things left and right, when instead I could have a true professional like Dick Stockton announcing. ARGH.

Phil Simms - 1. He doesn't realize that we are watching TV and that there's times when you need to SHUT UP because we can see what's going on. 2. I firmly believe he has a quota each game in regards to how many times he can praise Tom Brady.

The Fox Game Crew - Neither funny nor informative.

Rich..............

Hussein

Reaction score
yeah I forgot about Jeny F. Engel and Skippy Bayless. My hate for Philthy has overcome me.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Hussein said:
yeah I forgot about Jeny F. Engel and Skippy Bayless. My hate for Philthy has overcome me.

Overall --it would have to be Skip ,I wrote a book and lived in Dallas and I know more then anyone about the cowboys and.....,Bayless

fish_rich

Reaction score
How does Dan Dierdorf not get any mention in this thread?

At least I do not have to listen to Brent Musburger on Sundays.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
fish_rich said:
How does Dan Dierdorf not get any mention in this thread?

At least I do not have to listen to Brent Musburger on Sundays.

now that Keith Jackson is retired,Brent will be the guy on Sats.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Stuart Scott he is a moron

Joe Theisman because he is border line ********.

Steve Young, because he is now and always has been over rated in anything and everything he has ever done. I hate him almost as much as Brett Farve...

I can't remember his name right now but that skinny ******* on Cold Pizza that one that Mark Tuinie Chocked. I hate him...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dan Dierdorf and Paul McGuire. Throw Joe (Homer)Theiswoman in there as well.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
John Clayton can be quite annoying when he acts like he knows what he's talking about. He has his own radio show here in Seattle, and he'll often take questions from callers. He acts like he knows exactly what he's talking about, but it's amazing how many times he doesn't. Most guys will admit that they don't know the answer to some questions, but it seems like Clayton doesn't EVER want to admit that. Instead, he'd rather be wrong -- as long as he sounds right to the people who don't know any better.

Also, he's an admitted Cowboys hater.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
2233boys said:
Stuart Scott he is a moron

Joe Theisman because he is border line ********.

Steve Young, because he is now and always has been over rated in anything and everything he has ever done. I hate him almost as much as Brett Farve...

I can't remember his name right now but that skinny ******* on Cold Pizza that one that Mark Tuinie Chocked. I hate him...
Skip Bayless.

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
fredp22 said:
Paul McGuire

I'd rather have jaw surgery than listen to McGuire.

Terry Bradshaw--'nuff said.

John Madden--pretty much a cartoon caricature.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
who was that former coach who used to work for CBS? Jerry something or another? I couldn't stand that guy

I basically am annoyed by any off-the-wall commentator the pregame shows have

Shannon Sharpe
Michael Irvin
Deion
Sterling Sharpe

but the end all, beat all of my angst:

Joe Theesman

AtlCB

Reaction score
Could you imagine Theismann, McGuire, and Dierdorf calling the game with a halftime show featuring Mike Ditka, Jerry Glanville, and Stuart Scott?

silver

Reaction score
shannon sharpe. he's aweful. dan marino is a close second

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
AtlCB said:
Could you imagine Theismann, McGuire, and Dierdorf calling the game with a halftime show featuring Mike Ditka, Jerry Glanville, and Stuart Scott?

Mommy, make it stop! I'm afraid!:eek:

ddh33

Reaction score
Jay Mariotti is another guy I can't stand. The Little Ball of Hate also lost a lot of credibility in my eyes recently.

If we wanted to extend this conversation to other sports, then I submit Stephen A. Smith.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
John Madden- He mentions the name "Brett Favre" an average of 78 times per broadcast...even when Green Bay isn't playing. Everyone cuts him too much slack because of his popular video game.

Steve Young- Takes himself too seriously. Looks like an Elf. Some say he is the identical twin of the dude from Mad Magazine. Always starts a sentence with the phrase, "When I was playing for the 49ers..."

Joe Theismann- Arrogant jerk and blatent Commanders homer who thinks his opinions are law. Every sentence he spews out mentions how he "spoke with Coach so-in-so" the day before the game.

Matt Millen- Hasn't been in broadcasting in years, but he was so horribly pathetic while with FOX that he still deserves to be on the list. In a rare twist of fate, he was hired to become a NFL GM...a job he's actually worse at than broadcasting.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Waffle said:
John Madden- He mentions the name "Brett Favre" an average of 78 times per broadcast...even when Green Bay isn't playing. Everyone cuts him too much slack because of his popular video game.
Madden usually gets a break, since he was one of the best announcers before he become senile.