Which Analyst/Reporter annoys you the most

lspain1

Reaction score
I guess my main media annoyances are local to DFW these days because they so blatantly root against the Cowboys and try to stir up controversy that is bad for the team. So in that vein:

1. Galloway because he so desparately needs choking over the nickname thing.

2. Blackistone because he is an agenda driven southbound end of a northbound horse.

3. JFE because she used to be so down to earth. She knows how to do it right but to pursue ratings has joined the clowns.

Reaction score
That honor would have to go to Tim Coleslaw and Skip Bayless when you talk about print reporters. Now as far as TV broadcasters/Analysts are concerned I would rate Joe Buck up there along with Theismann.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Steven A. Smith.... This guy makes me pull my hair out. If anyone at all ever has a differing opinion than him he will throw a freaking tantrum and interrupt them by talking super loud and restating his opinion.... guy is a total idiot

Reaction score
the_h0wey said:
Steven A. Smith.... This guy makes me pull my hair out. If anyone at all ever has a differing opinion than him he will throw a freaking tantrum and interrupt them by talking super loud and restating his opinion.... guy is a total idiot

Stephen A. Smith is actually a good TV personality because 80% of the time he's right when he makes a point.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Berman- Im tired of his act, plus his distate for anything Cowboys still reeks from the Superbowl days. He should be ashamed of himself for being so biased. This guy couldn't wait for the 'Boys to fall on their face, and it's obvious he doesn't want them competitve now. Bwuhahhu whbuahh he could go.... ____ .... him .... self" lol

Deion- as great as he was as a player he is just as lousy as an analyst. A true mercenary- will take any job he gets paid handsomely for.

Theismann- just aggravatingly petty and i hate it when he whines about bad calls. He's also always biased towards the underdog... which is ok for you and I, but lousy in terms of objectivity for a professional.

Paul Maguire/Dan Dierdorf- separated at birth, these two slobs give a whole new meaning to verbose and obese. Can we just watch the game without you yelling?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Jaws
Aikman when he starts giving the other team credit thats playing dallas.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
Stephen A. Smith is actually a good TV personality because 80% of the time he's right when he makes a point.

You can't be serious...I guess we can agree to disagree the guy is a freaking gimmick

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
I could write a doctoral dissertation on the guys that I don't like, so I will stick to just talking about the guys I DO like.

Tom Jackson - My all-time favorite football talking head personality. I think he is very knowledgeable, and I honestly think that I have only found myself disagreeing with him once or twice in the 16 or so years that I have watched him.

The rest, in no particular order...

Al Michaels - Best PBP guy out there, though I always enjoyed Summerall's style of saying next to nothing and seemingly never raising his voice.

Troy Aikman - The guy is just plain good, and he will occasionally bring some very good observations to the table. I have some admitted Cowboys bias here as well.

Daryl Johnston - See Aikman.

Dan Fouts - Man, I wish that they would bring him back to pro football. He was absolutely great the one year that he was on MNF, and has continued to do a great job in college.

Chris Berman - I know, I know. An incredibly unpopular choice. However, I have always LOVED NFL Primetime. It was easily my favorite show PERIOD from when I was probably about 5 to 18. Maybe it was the music, maybe it was the fact that he was sitting alongside Tom Jackson, but for some reason I just always liked Berman.

Mike Patrick - The second best PBP guy out there. Used to be my favorite, until I had to deal with him doing PBP during the college B-ball season. The guy could not love dook or Coach K any more if he tried, and it absolutely makes me sick.

Chris Collinsworth - The guy is funny and knows a thing or two about football. I'm looking forward to seeing him on Sunday Night Football.

John Madden - Yes, I know. The guy is ********. But isn't that the appeal? The lovable idiot.

Michael Irvin - There is some admitted Cowboys bias working here, but the guy gets several laughs out of me a show. Yes, I want to throw my remote at his head sometimes, but it's all out of love. Or something.

OK, that's all I can think of right now. Feel free to rip me.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Phil Simms

plain and simple...he sucks

there's no other way I can describe his mic work. he always calls players by the wrong names. makes comments that make it sound like he is watching a totally different game.

why he is on the "A-Team" for CBS is beyond me.they need to put Dick Emberg(sp?) back on the top.

maybe he had more concussions than Aikman and steve young combined, but just didn't let anybody know.

PHIL MUST GO!!!!

illone

Reaction score
Pretty much the entire CBS crew.

Theismann the announcer sucks goat ***.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Mike Lupica-NY writer that thinks all the big time players deserve to play in New York. He's on the Sports Reporters every Sunday morning.
Skip "Skippy" Bayless- A long time ago when Skip was on the Sports Reporters he made the statement "Steve Walsh will be a better quarterback than Troy Aikman!". If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about him then nothing will.
Randy Cross-Arrogant...arrogant...arrogant!
Theesman(And that's really how you pronounce it)-I don't hate him as a commentator because he is a homer but because he never want's to criticize anyone. His blatent defending of qb's is really annoying. He tries to put a happy ending and positive spin on every thing.
Berman-Big time 49 lover. He's a cartoon character now.
Tony Siragusa-How much better would Stockton and Moose be without that big lump of lard?
Andrea Kramer-That voice...that face...run for the hills!
Jay Mariotti(Chicago writer)-Recently had a big public arguement with Ozzie Guillen(Manager of the White Sox). Can't put much credence into a sportswriter who writes stories about people in sports and does not even talk to players or step foot into the locker room? The dude is a spine-less turd!
Dan Dierdorf-The guy is up in a booth proclaiming how players should be fined by the NFL for hits...Dude you played this game when it was rougher. Let the NFL do the job without you being a little tattletell.Plus his hatred for the Cowboys bubbles up from time to time. He can't hide it as well as most commentators.
Mike Greenberg(Mike and Mike ESPN radio)-His constant resetting of the time,the place,the person they are interviewing...This guy loves the sound of his own voice. Only women talk as much as this guy.
Colin Cowherd-Dude is still pissed his beloved Seahawks got beat in the Super Bowl and whines that the refs stole the game. He loves the west-coast teams and hates Vince Young...Reason-Vince beat his beloved Trojans.
He will never admit that but that is the under lying reason.
Bill Conlin(Philly writer)-Would not vote for Nolan Ryan to be in the Hall of Fame on his first ballot. His explanation was that some older baseball great way back when was not unanamous so Ryan wouldn't either. He deserves to be living in Philly with an attitude like that. He may have kicked off a couple of years ago BTW:) .

For a couple I do like ...
Phil Simms-I hated him as a player but he is very professional in his analysis.
Ron Jaworski-Almost the same as Phil but he and Merril have that show which shows all the coach's film...I love that show. Only thing bad about that show is that it is only 30 minutes long. Needs to be an hour.
Troy and Moose-no suprise there.
Joe Buck-really is good at what he does. He and Troy have good chemistry in the booth.
Al Michaels-Top notch play by play guy.
Jimmy Johnson,Howie Long and yes even Terry Bradshaw-Best pre-game show easily and then who can forget the lovely weather girl Jillian Barbarie.
I never miss the weather report.
CBS pregame blows...ESPN is tolerable as long as Berman stays away from his nick-names. I like Irvin but I cringe at some things he says,the Playmaker is like family in my household so I take the good with the bad.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
J-DOG said:
Mike Lupica-NY writer that thinks all the big time players deserve to play in New York. He's on the Sports Reporters every Sunday morning.
Skip "Skippy" Bayless- A long time ago when Skip was on the Sports Reporters he made the statement "Steve Walsh will be a better quarterback than Troy Aikman!". If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about him then nothing will.
Randy Cross-Arrogant...arrogant...arrogant!
Theesman(And that's really how you pronounce it)-I don't hate him as a commentator because he is a homer but because he never want's to criticize anyone. His blatent defending of qb's is really annoying. He tries to put a happy ending and positive spin on every thing.
Berman-Big time 49 lover. He's a cartoon character now.
Tony Siragusa-How much better would Stockton and Moose be without that big lump of lard?
Andrea Kramer-That voice...that face...run for the hills!
Jay Mariotti(Chicago writer)-Recently had a big public arguement with Ozzie Guillen(Manager of the White Sox). Can't put much credence into a sportswriter who writes stories about people in sports and does not even talk to players or step foot into the locker room? The dude is a spine-less turd!
Dan Dierdorf-The guy is up in a booth proclaiming how players should be fined by the NFL for hits...Dude you played this game when it was rougher. Let the NFL do the job without you being a little tattletell.Plus his hatred for the Cowboys bubbles up from time to time. He can't hide it as well as most commentators.
Mike Greenberg(Mike and Mike ESPN radio)-His constant resetting of the time,the place,the person they are interviewing...This guy loves the sound of his own voice. Only women talk as much as this guy.
Colin Cowherd-Dude is still pissed his beloved Seahawks got beat in the Super Bowl and whines that the refs stole the game. He loves the west-coast teams and hates Vince Young...Reason-Vince beat his beloved Trojans.
He will never admit that but that is the under lying reason.
Bill Conlin(Philly writer)-Would not vote for Nolan Ryan to be in the Hall of Fame on his first ballot. His explanation was that some older baseball great way back when was not unanamous so Ryan wouldn't either. He deserves to be living in Philly with an attitude like that. He may have kicked off a couple of years ago BTW:) .

For a couple I do like ...
Phil Simms-I hated him as a player but he is very professional in his analysis.
Ron Jaworski-Almost the same as Phil but he and Merril have that show which shows all the coach's film...I love that show. Only thing bad about that show is that it is only 30 minutes long. Needs to be an hour.
Troy and Moose-no suprise there.
Joe Buck-really is good at what he does. He and Troy have good chemistry in the booth.
Al Michaels-Top notch play by play guy.
Jimmy Johnson,Howie Long and yes even Terry Bradshaw-Best pre-game show easily and then who can forget the lovely weather girl Jillian Barbarie.
I never miss the weather report.
CBS pregame blows...ESPN is tolerable as long as Berman stays away from his nick-names. I like Irvin but I cringe at some things he says,the Playmaker is like family in my household so I take the good with the bad.

Liked ur analysis, but..Dang Bro, A lil' space between all ur writing would work..:lmao:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
has any one noticed that from time to time one of Stuart Scotts Eyes, i believe its his right eye, is like floating a differen't way like WAY away? i can notice it though his sunglasses he wears

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Murph80 said:
Dierdorf Madden and Berman
I loved Dierdorf's last game on MNF. They still let him go on the air after telling him he wouldn't be back the next year. He was sniping big time. :D

but as an analyst he blew chunks. I called him Mr Obvious.