Which Cowboys are All-Pro?

Adreme

Reaction score
Bland will AT LEAST get a second team all pro spot. He had a rough half against seattle but has otherwise been excellent and he broke an extremely hard-to-break record this year.
When the record is previously 4 it is not extremely hard to break. The single season INT mark is extremely hard to break. The sack record is hard to break. The receiving yards record is hard to break. The rushing yards in a year is hard to break. These all require consistent game in and game out performance and you are not going to get there is a short sprint. There are multiple players with 2 INT returns in a single game. For context that would be the equivalent of 12 sacks in one game in terms of getting close to the record or 1000 receiving/rushing yards in a single game or 7 INTs by a single player in one game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Should be 1st team All Pro:
  • Dak, Parsons, Aubrey, Tyler Smith
Might be 1st team All Pro
  • Ceedee, Martin
Pro-bowler:
  • Bland, Tyron Smith, D-Law
Personally I wouldn’t have Martin or Ceede as 1st team all pros but they are definitely pro-bowl worthy.
If Bland, Lamb & Tyron aren't considered for 1st team, there is an issue. 2nd team at worst.

Martin isn't in the running for 1st or 2nd team unless they are strictly on name recognition.

D-Law should be considered for 2nd team but competition is stiff so doubt he gets it.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unfortunately this is true. It often takes a year or two of "earning" it before the player actually gets 1st team.

I don't know that there is another G playing better though especially considering some of the monsters he has faced this year.
Tyler pretty much erased Jalen Carter that entire game. Carter has terrorized most of the players he's gone against, but Tyler manhandled him 1 on 1 down after down.

He'll make the probowl this year, but it will probably be another year before the media pundits are willing to put him on the AP All Pro roster.

I remember how nervous a bunch of us on this board, myself included, were about the pick when Dallas took Ty. He just seemed so undisciplined and raw, but the athleticism was always there. The way he has started to transfer his freak physical abilities into his play is incredible to see. I will never again doubt a Will McClay 1st round offensive lineman.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Tyler pretty much erased Jalen Carter that entire game. Carter has terrorized most of the players he's gone against, but Tyler manhandled him 1 on 1 down after down.

He'll make the probowl this year, but it will probably be another year before the media pundits are willing to put him on the AP All Pro roster.

I remember how nervous a bunch of us on this board, myself included, were about the pick when Dallas took Ty. He just seemed so undisciplined and raw, but the athleticism was always there. The way he has started to transfer his freak physical abilities into his play is incredible to see. I will never again doubt a Will McClay 1st round offensive lineman.
Yeah, he has handled Carter, Jordan Davis, A Donald, Allen, Hargraves, etc.. List of physically imposing players. If he can just clean up his technique to avoid penalties he'd distance himself from any competition.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
When the record is previously 4 it is not extremely hard to break. The single season INT mark is extremely hard to break. The sack record is hard to break. The receiving yards record is hard to break. The rushing yards in a year is hard to break. These all require consistent game in and game out performance and you are not going to get there is a short sprint. There are multiple players with 2 INT returns in a single game. For context that would be the equivalent of 12 sacks in one game in terms of getting close to the record or 1000 receiving/rushing yards in a single game or 7 INTs by a single player in one game.
"NFL Record that has stood for 50 years and only been tied once since then, 30 years ago, is not extremely hard to break."

A take this spicy should make the rounds on Twitter/X.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t.
That's not a surprise to anyone. Perhaps you can rewatch the play where Cox destroys him & has the strip sack of Dak. Of course, it happened so fast it's hard to slow it down enough.

Adreme

Reaction score
Yeah, it's simple. That is why the record stood for 30 years and only three other players in NFL history have managed to have even just 4 pick sixes in a single season.
There is a chasm between hard and simple. This chasm occupies most things. The fact that there is a record does not make it "extremely hard to break". It just means that there is a record. Nobody looks at that record and thinks "that is a record that will never be broken" or even would be shocked if it were. All the records I listed are harder to break than the one I listed. Multiple records might fall this year that I would say are "harder" than the 4 TD record because again that is just how the math works.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's not a surprise to anyone. Perhaps you can rewatch the play where Cox destroys him & has the strip sack of Dak. Of course, it happened so fast it's hard to slow it down enough.
I don’t judge future Hall of Famers on 1 play. That’s what casual fans do.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t judge future Hall of Famers on 1 play. That’s what casual fans do.
It's called an example. You can find plenty more reasons why he isn't All Pro if you watch every play. But you will need to be objective so you'll struggle with this assignment.

Adreme

Reaction score
"NFL Record that has stood for 50 years and only been tied once since then, 30 years ago, is not extremely hard to break."

A take this spicy should make the rounds on Twitter/X.
With a clever retort like that I assume you frequent X quite often because you have the kind of arguments that fit right in. Right down to being afraid to look at the merits of the math. I get it for a Twitter user Math can be hard and any number over 140 can be hard for you to grasp but again the numbers back up my claim. 30 players have half of the record in a single game. It is a nice record, and a nice notch, but is nowhere near as impressive as the INT record or the sack record any of the yards records where it is impossible to get half of the record in a single game. It is a nice record of course but, and lets be honest here, how many people knew what the record was before the season? How many people would have guessed it? The records I listed are pretty well known. I would be surprised how many NFL players even knew what the INT return for a TD record is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's called an example. You can find plenty more reasons why he isn't All Pro if you watch every play. But you will need to be objective so you'll struggle with this assignment.
No it’s called naive cherry picking. And you dont watch every play and focus just on Martin.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
With a clever retort like that I assume you frequent X quite often because you have the kind of arguments that fit right in. Right down to being afraid to look at the merits of the math. I get it for a Twitter user Math can be hard and any number over 140 can be hard for you to grasp but again the numbers back up my claim. 30 players have half of the record in a single game. It is a nice record, and a nice notch, but is nowhere near as impressive as the INT record or the sack record any of the yards records where it is impossible to get half of the record in a single game. It is a nice record of course but, and lets be honest here, how many people knew what the record was before the season? How many people would have guessed it? The records I listed are pretty well known. I would be surprised how many NFL players even knew what the INT return for a TD record is.
A Cowboys player broke a 50 year old record that had only been tied, and in any other season since people have gotten to only 75% of that record and you are arguing it's no big deal. Daron Bland is a phenomenal story and you're diminishing his accomplishment....why? I truly cannot understand your angle here.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No it’s called naive cherry picking. And you dont watch every play and focus just on Martin.
Yet somehow I know what is really going on. Go ask Martin if he's All Pro this year. Guarantee he'll say no.

Adreme

Reaction score
A Cowboys player broke a 50 year old record that had only been tied, and in any other season since people have gotten to only 75% of that record and you are arguing it's no big deal. Daron Bland is a phenomenal story and you're diminishing his accomplishment....why? I truly cannot understand your angle here.
It was a nice record to break but again I am simply asking why you are trying to make it a bigger deal than it is? Every single record is the best performance in the 100+ years of the NFL which by definition would make every record "extremely hard" to break and the term entirely meaningless.

For context, if someone got 25 sacks they are the frontrunner for defensive player of the year, if someone got 15 INTs they are the frontrunner for DPOY. Bland is absolutely not in the top 3 and probably not top 5 right now. Similarly if someone forced 11 fumbles they probably are not by default the frontrunner for DPOY (the fumble record). Therefore the rest of the league does not seem to make the accomplishment this unbelievable accomplishment. My position therefore is not to make it a bigger deal than it is and not just assume all pro by default because of it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I would say are "harder" than the 4 TD record because again that is just how the math works.
Some of the greatest players in history don't have that many interceptions returned for TD's in their entire career.

Most years 6-8 interceptions will lead the league. So that would mean 5/6 or 5/8 would have to be returned for TD's. Even in a year when say 10 are intercepted, it would still require returning half of them for a TD to break the record. History shows overwhelming bell curve that the league lead for interceptions returned for TD each year is 2. There is no math that can say it's easy. Because it isn't.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
It was a nice record to break but again I am simply asking why you are trying to make it a bigger deal than it is? Every single record is the best performance in the 100+ years of the NFL which by definition would make every record "extremely hard" to break and the term entirely meaningless.

For context, if someone got 25 sacks they are the frontrunner for defensive player of the year, if someone got 15 INTs they are the frontrunner for DPOY. Bland is absolutely not in the top 3 and probably not top 5 right now. Similarly if someone forced 11 fumbles they probably are not by default the frontrunner for DPOY (the fumble record). Therefore the rest of the league does not seem to make the accomplishment this unbelievable accomplishment. My position therefore is not to make it a bigger deal than it is and not just assume all pro by default because of it.
Nobody is arguing about DPOY or MVP.

For context, Diggs led the league with 11 INTs in 2021 and made first team all pro. It did not require record breaking to do so. Same will apply here - the record is a big deal and extremely hard to break. Nobody said HARDER than those other records, but that doesn't make it NOT extremely hard nonetheless. This is a wild take that you want to spend time on a forum debating that it's no big deal that Bland broke a record that has stood for 50 years.

EDIT - Additional context - when Gilmore won DPOY he had 6 INTs and 2 INT returns for TDs. Bland currently has 8 picks, 6 of which were returned. He has 6 less passes defensed than Gilmore.

Hardline

Reaction score
Hopefully none of them. It gives them negotiating leverage.