Which draft pick are you most excited to see

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Last season's training camp was a farse close to the public. So, no not like last year.

I've written off last year. Obviously teams that had their team pretty well set in 2019 were going to be "sitting pretty" in 2020, which is what we saw. Yes Brady was new to the Bucs, but they were a team with lots of talent and coaching, all Brady had to do was get in sync with new receivers, and for a 20 year vet that's not that hard to do. Chiefs were loaded, no surprise to see them in the SB.
With Dallas losing so many players to injury so early, and a new DC trying to change the defense, they were at a severe disadvantage, and it showed.

Starting fresh this year...

quickccc

Reaction score
Below is the complete list of the Cowboys’ 2021 NFL Draft picks:

• Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (12th Overall)
  • Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky (44th Overall)
  • Osa Odighizuwa, DL, UCLA (75th Overall)
  • Chauncey Golston, EDGE, Iowa (84th Overall)
  • Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State (99th Overall)
  • Jabril Cox, LB, LSU (115th Overall)
  • Josh Ball, OT, Marshall (138th Overall)
  • Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford (179th Overall)
  • Quinton Bohanna, DL, Kentucky (192nd Overall)
  • Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (227th Overall)
  • Matt Farniok, OL, Nebraska (238th Overall)
For me it’s OSA Odighizuwa. They really need to improve along the defensive line, especially DT. He’s a 3rd round pick so hoping he can play well enough to be a starter.

1) Parson - because he's our top pick, a projected top 10 overall pick, most hopeful rookie impact, and eventual leader of the defense.
2) Joseph- based off successful feat vs WR DeVante Smith; 4.35 speed/athleticism and INT ball hawk skills; (4 INTs his final year)
3) Cox - smallish but athletic LB with knack for coverage/turnovers, Could this be Darrin Smith or Coakley like LB ?
4) Simi Fehoko - size/physicality mismatch for most DBs, plus 4.37 vertical speed; seek 4th WR role over Wilson
5) Osa - supposedly underrated run defender for his size, can fit 3-4 (end) or 4-3 (3 tech) dunno if he starts or rotation rookie year
6) Bohanna NT/1 tech type; Size-bulk and game welcomed, i just dunno how often he plays in spots/contribute his rookie year.
7) Wright ? what role for him rookie year ? .3rd CB ?.. 4th CB ? Could be INT machine that has to be on field but too tall-lanky for slot CB.
8) Gholston; One poster made comparisons to undrafted Mike Bennett who successfully flipped DE-DT on occasional; ..If only
9) Ball - Only highlights, scouting reports to go by; Athletic/mean streak, very iffy with his past domestic issues; maybe too raw-rookie for emergency backup play in '21.
10) Mukuamu- Not fond hearing lack of physicality rep; shows on tape., Supposed INT ball hawks, could be Practice Squader
11) Farniok - Oddly took remaining center snaps in OTAs, will be tested most in TC/preseason. otherwise hes' PS candidate .

McKDaddy

Reaction score
anyone who can play and wants to excel. don't care if they were drafted, UDFA, last years practice squad, last years IR, or water boy with a purpose.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
6) Bohanna NT/1 tech type; Size-bulk and game welcomed, i just dunno how often he plays in spots/contribute his rookie year.

with the state of our run defense over the past couple seasons, if he doesn't play a significant role what are we doing? it's being a space eater. what he has done his entire football career. there shouldn't be a huge learning curve to do that. free up the other guys to use their skills and almost magically we should improve.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's not personal. I don't like that the
Which draft pick are you most excited
including not earned a star on their helmet. Why treat them like they are superstars. It's the fans that tick me off, not these young players. My disdain is not about Parsons, it's about the premature praising of players that need to earn that star first.
this is the weirdest interpretation of "Which draft pick are you most excited"
how do you go from that to,"praising the players who have done nothing.
How did you get there?

quickccc

Reaction score
with the state of our run defense over the past couple seasons, if he doesn't play a significant role what are we doing? it's being a space eater. what he has done his entire football career. there shouldn't be a huge learning curve to do that. free up the other guys to use their skills and almost magically we should improve.

Learning the NFL is a big key and curve for any position, even with RBs with blitzing assignment and read keys.
Fans thinks its about just pure brute strength, but a lot of technique and balance and getting adjusted to the speed and pace of the NFL is involved.

Way too many rookies and vets have testified how the down to down pace of the NFL took them by surprise and they
underestimated how much deals with both conditioning and mental absorbing aspects.
Plus this is not the straight up 4 man days of Marinelli. Bo is gonna be asked to play both NT (3-4) and 1 tech (4-3) ..that's gonna be asking for a rookie head on
going into the NFL.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Learning the NFL is a big key and curve for any position, even with RBs with blitzing assignment and read keys.
Fans thinks its about just pure brute strength, but a lot of technique and balance and getting adjusted to the speed and pace of the NFL is involved.

Way too many rookies and vets have testified how the down to down pace of the NFL took them by surprise and they
underestimated how much deals with both conditioning and mental absorbing aspects.
Plus this is not the straight up 4 man days of Marinelli. Bo is gonna be asked to play both NT (3-4) and 1 tech (4-3) ..that's gonna be asking for a rookie head on
going into the NFL.

I'm not saying he'll be a finished product but when asked to anchor the defense he should be able to do so better than the players we have been using over the past several years.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm not saying he'll be a finished product but when asked to anchor the defense he should be able to do so better than the players we have been using over the past several years.

more like " hope to be " ,..that's a late round prospect with the possibilities far less than if he was a V. Wilfork or Vita going in the first round.
But understandably, everyone is so glad to have him aboard anyway, given the long trending disregard for drafting big bodies - and especially for such a porous '20 run defense.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

going into the NFL.

Just the length of the season will be a challenge to him. Getting in game condition isn't something you can do in a few weeks, I would expect he'd not be fully conditioned until next year....

quickccc

Reaction score
Just the length of the season will be a challenge to him. Getting in game condition isn't something you can do in a few weeks, I would expect he'd not be fully conditioned until next year....

Which often i have asked - who's the starter,? ..who is the backup ?

Who is Plan B option in this same role, should Bo' ends up getting hurt or if he's not prepare yet to contribute or start ?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
this is the weirdest interpretation of "Which draft pick are you most excited"
how do you go from that to,"praising the players who have done nothing.
How did you get there?

It's not personal. I don't like that the fans praise these rookies that have done nothing including not earned a star on their helmet. Why treat them like they are superstars. It's the fans that tick me off, not these young players. My disdain is not about Parsons, it's about the premature praising of players that need to earn that star first.
That was a response to the following post...
So Parsons is your favorite huh? :banghead:
Not responding to the original question. Please try to keep up with the conversations within these threads, you poor thing.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Which often i have asked - who's the starter,? ..who is the backup ?

Who is Plan B option in this same role, should Bo' ends up getting hurt or if he's not prepare yet to contribute or start ?

Depends on who wins the starter job in camp. Though I'd not think any one DT will be taking like 80-90% of the snaps, my suspicion is that we'll see a pure 3-4, pure 4-3, maybe even a 4-2 or any combination of those fronts during the season, so any "starter" probably won't play more than about 60-75% of the snaps...

Jfconrow

Reaction score
7) Wright ? what role for him rookie year ? .3rd CB ?.. 4th CB ? Could be INT machine that has to be on field but too tall-lanky for slot CB.

Wright is a SS in my opinion….I’m thinking bring on the legion of boom. I want him starting at SS.