Which Head Coach that is available is better than Garrett right now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’d take Rodgers, Brees and Peyton too. How about Wentz or Goff now.

Why wouldn’t we think we might have a little more success with a more elite QB?

LOL.........Rogers, Brees, and Peyton?

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You took good logic and made the wrong analysis out of it:

If Garrett is only as good as his talent then what good is he? So when Garrett's teams go 13 o 12 wins its because of the talent he has and not his coaching ability. Any fool can win with good talent. When a few of those pieces get hurt, he bombs.
But this is the fool Jerry will allow and why I’m advocating for more elite talent.

Your agenda is not a realistic solution with Jerry and to me wasted effort.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But this is the fool Jerry will allow and why I’m advocating for more elite talent.

We all want more talent. Great, give me the Steelers D and Tom Brady. Ill take them all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once you accept that Garrett is probably as good as Jerry will allow then you can begin to look for solutions within these parameters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So your agenda is to support and defend an "average or not good enough coach" and get rid of one of the best young QB's in the NFL and rookie of the year because THAT coach isnt good enough?

I cant even call that an agenda.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Once you accept that Garrett is probably as good as Jerry will allow then you can begin to look for solutions within these parameters.

Why would I ever accept that? Every coach before Garrett has been better. The ONLY coach you can argue wasnt is Campo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why would I ever accept that? Every coach before Garrett has been better. The ONLY coach you can argue wasnt is Campo.
None of them had any more success than Garrett this era despite more experience coming in.

I honestly am not sure if most expect anyone this era to have much success with Jerry. This is probably about as good as it gets barring having the most elite talent in the league which is very doubtful with this FO. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve talked to several fans of other teams and none would want Jerry as owner because it limits the kind of HC you’ll attract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So your agenda is to support and defend an "average or not good enough coach" and get rid of one of the best young QB's in the NFL and rookie of the year because THAT coach isnt good enough?

I’m looking for solutions within the parameters Jerry allows. A great coach is not one of those options.

And I’ve never mentioned getting rid of Dak. At least not until we know we have a more elite QB. Dak could still make a great backup.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We have an average GM, HC and QB. Why would we expect to have more success?
We have above average talent. The GM’s job is to acquire talent. CHECK! We have a rookie of the year QB with a strong work ethic and other intangibles to be a very good if not elite QB. CHECK! We have a mediocre cheerleader of a coach, who is way below average when it comes to game planning, making in game adjustments and beating the better teams. NO CHECK! It’s has to be obvious to 95% of hard core Dallas fans Garrett is the reason this team is mediocre, and has only won 1 playoff game during his tenure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have above average talent. The GM’s job is to acquire talent. CHECK! We have a rookie of the year QB with a strong work ethic and other intangibles to be a very good if not elite QB. CHECK! We have a mediocre cheerleader of a coach, who is way below average when it comes to game planning, making in game adjustments and beating the better teams. NO CHECK! It’s has to be obvious to 95% of hard core Dallas fans Garrett is the reason this team is mediocre, and has only won 1 playoff game during his tenure.
The only reason you’d come to that conclusion is if you held Garrett directly responsible for the roster .

What other teams in the NFL are having more success without a Top 5 defense or Elite QB? Checkmate

Dak might become an Elite QB and we could build a Top 5 defense and if he does develop and or we do have that defense we will have more success. If we don’t then we can talk.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The only reason you’d come to that conclusion is if you held Garrett directly responsible for the roster .

What other teams in the NFL are having more success without a Top 5 defense or Elite QB? Checkmate

Dak might become an Elite QB and we could build a Top 5 defense and if he does develop and or we do have that defense we will have more success. If we don’t then we can talk.
Come on now! With the talent this team has had Garrett is an under achieving HC. This team consistently comes up short in games to get into the playoffs, or playoff games. Also, Philly just won the Superbowl with a QB who has never been called elite. That just shows what elite coaching can do for a team. Peterson consistently put his Offensive players in position to make plays in that Super Bowl. Garrett just cheerleads, fight boys, fight. I said fight boys, as he claps. We don’t need a cheerleader as our coach. We need a coach who consistently game plans to put his players in position to beat his opponent. There are ways to scheme our receivers open, but Garrett had them run the same basic and predictable patterns all year. Teams figured out Beasley last year and Garrett never adjusted. Chaz Green got beat like a drum vs Atlanta all game and Garrett never adjusted(chipped for him). If we under achieve this year, I will be surprised if Garrett is not the main reason.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ITT I've read that game day is the least important thing a head coach does, Garrett has all kinds of "invisible assets", and influence without success is a desirable thing.

At this point I think the Garrett fans must be trolling us.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Roy, his agenda is for people to blame Jerry instead of Garrett. You’ll just have to agree to disagree and move on or this conversation will repeat itself for years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
this is what I get from the Garrett supporters. [Tell me if my conclusions are wrong]
"Garrett is not a good game coach"
"Garrett has other "influences" that we don't know of"
"We need a Tom Brady to overcome Garretts bad coaching"

Lmao.. who needs a coach who can coach, we just need motivational speakers.. How low the mighty has fallen.

Is this correct.. and um throw in Jerry whenever it appears you have no answer to why you like Garrett and his magical change that nobody can tell us what he has done.

Oh yeah he's brought in talent but we have no talent. smh

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Come on now! With the talent this team has had Garrett is an under achieving HC. This team consistently comes up short in games to get into the playoffs, or playoff games. Also, Philly just won the Superbowl with a QB who has never been called elite. That just shows what elite coaching can do for a team. Peterson consistently put his Offensive players in position to make plays in that Super Bowl. Garrett just cheerleads, fight boys, fight. I said fight boys, as he claps. We don’t need a cheerleader as our coach. We need a coach who consistently game plans to put his players in position to beat his opponent. There are ways to scheme our receivers open, but Garrett had them run the same basic and predictable patterns all year. Teams figured out Beasley last year and Garrett never adjusted. Chaz Green got beat like a drum vs Atlanta all game and Garrett never adjusted(chipped for him). If we under achieve this year, I will be surprised if Garrett is not the main reason.
The Eagles are a great example of my theory .

They not only have a Top 5 defense they had a QB who was playing at a MVP pace before getting hurt and a backup who played at MVP level to win the Super Bowl.

Elite QB play and Top 5 defense led Pederson to a championship. There’s no substitute for Elite talent .

The Cowboys only have Elite talent on OL and RB. There’s no teams going to championship games or the Super Bowl with only that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The NFL is a talent driven league. It’s not a coincidence Garrett’s best years is when he had the most talent healthy on the field.

Great coaches assemble elite talent. We have examples all thu NFL history and why no HC has ever repeated on another team or success varies from season to season. TALENT!!!

Why doesn’t Belichick and Brady win it all every year ? Because some seasons they don’t have as much talent or the opponent has more.

Did Jimmy become an idiot in Miami or have less talent than in Dallas? This example holds true going back to Lombardi.

Was Switzer a great coach and team builder or inherit A great team. Look at NCAA. The best recruiters have the best teams because they have more talent. There is no magic wand.

Build me a top 5 defense and develop an Elite QB and the championship appearances will come.

And why I’ve been supportive of Garrett is I see a better culture and talent being accumulated . The closer we get to a Top 5 defense and an Elite QB( and why concerned with Dak) we will begin knocking down the door.

Dak played at more of an Elite level in 2016 and why we had the success we did. If our defense wasn’t lower tier we might have broke thru. We were basically 1 play or drive away from our first championship appearance in over 20 years. That’s something to build on.

Last edited: