Which of Dallas' 5 Super Bowl champions was the best?

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
5 Cowboy teams have hoisted the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the season.

Which of them was the best team EVER to wear the helmets with the blue star?

1971?

1977?

1992?

1993?

1995?

yimyammer

Reaction score
For me, it was 92 hands down. Completely unexpected, we were coming off years of humiliation and terrible records and the icing on the cake was earning the trip to the Super Bowl by going to Candlestick and beating the hated 49ers giving them a small measure of revenge for the dreaded "catch".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2434066 said:

1971?

1977?

1992?

1993?

1995?

1992 was surreal. I couldnt believe we won it. I was flying high.

1993 - I was touting the Cowboys horn. I had my friend and cousins that WERENT Cowboys fans saying... "The Cowboys are gonna win... people ask why?? They would say, "My cousin(ME) told me so" HAHA!

1995 - I was real nervous in the 2nd half. The Steelers almost got us.

So my best was 1992.

I lost $500 on SB XXX... but I didnt care. I wanted the bragging rights MORE!!!

HAHA!!! :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very easy. The first one. After years and years of frustration "the team who couldn't win it all" finally did and got the monkey off their backs. There is no doubt that we should have won more than two super bowls from the late 60's thru the late 70's.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2434095 said:
Very easy. The first one. After years and years of frustration "the team who couldn't win it all" finally did and got the monkey off their backs. There is no doubt that we should have won more than two super bowls from the late 60's thru the late 70's.
Well said.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score

Titally agree....Took forever to get that 1st one.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2434066 said:

1971?

1977?

1992?

1993?

1995?

77 & 92...I didnt see the 71 team, but I know from reading and watching highlights they were a dominant team too.

The 93 team had two problems that I hated...kicked too many FG's and didnt get enough sacks...I think the 92 team was by far the better of our 3 90's championship teams

:star:

FanSince61

Thanks for the memories Dandy
Reaction score

:hammer:

1992 was special because of how fast we went from 1-15 to Super Bowl Champions.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
they're all great,but 92 is the best by far.We totally blew Buffalo away!!they had NO CHANCE of winning that game.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score

That 1971 team was my favorite SB of all time. Like you said, after years of coming close and being labeled as "Next Year's Champions" it was so incredibly SWEET to finally win it all!

My actual favorite Cowboys team was the 1968 squad.

I would say though that the 1993 team was a better all-around team in terms of talent compared with the competition at the time.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thats tough, because i was about 15 when the cowboys won in 1971, that game topped the cowboys as champions their first year, then in 1977, with randy white, tony dorsett, ed too tall jones, harvey martin, that defense killed denver, then the dominant team in 1992, first year to win under jimmy johnson, and they destroyed buffalo

i have to think about that a little

burmafrd

Reaction score
71. No brainer. More HOF players on that team (and more that DESERVE the HOF) then any other we ever had. Sadly though it started going downhill the next year- Lilly and Bullett started to age as well as more of the D.
From 69-71 they had the best team in the league but could not get over the hump.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
burmafrd;2434178 said:
71. No brainer. More HOF players on that team (and more that DESERVE the HOF) then any other we ever had. Sadly though it started going downhill the next year- Lilly and Bullett started to age as well as more of the D.
From 69-71 they had the best team in the league but could not get over the hump.

Super Bowl VI was the most important of the 5 :starspin

On a side note:
The appearance in Super Bowl X will always be special to me. Dallas may not have won, but the job Landry did with those rookies in 1975 was a thing of beauty! And to think, Dallas did not have a super star running back, with all due respect to P. Pearson and R. Newhouse. One of my most favorite seasons aswell;)

Everson24

Reaction score
1977 I just wish we could have met Pittsburgh that year instead of Denver. Our defense was absolutely devastating that year.

1981 would have been a great year to win it all. That San Fran game is still my worst Cowboys game ever. I almost cried afterwards.