Which of Dallas' 5 Super Bowl champions was the best?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I took this thread as asking about the "best" Super Bowl team, not your favorite one. Best was 1977 and 1992. Those were absolutely dominant teams. I also was around in 1971 and loved that team, but the 77 and 92 teams were better IMO. Obviously the 92 team played in a different era and would destroy the 71 team with their size. I just think 77 and 92 were among the best the NFL has ever seen.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2435850 said:
I took this thread as asking about the "best" Super Bowl team, not your favorite one. Best was 1977 and 1992. Those were absolutely dominant teams. I also was around in 1971 and loved that team, but the 77 and 92 teams were better IMO. Obviously the 92 team played in a different era and would destroy the 71 team with their size. I just think 77 and 92 were among the best the NFL has ever seen.
I'm not sure it's fair to compare '71 and '92 in an absolute sense -- in terms of size, strength and speed. It has to be relative to the competition at the time. I'm not saying that the '71 and '77 squads were relatively better than the '92 squad. I'm just saying that's the metric.

But I agree with you that folks are getting a little off track -- judging based on what it meant to them or expectations or what have you. It's about which team was best. :)

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
YoMick;2434625 said:
Thanks for that. A "personal" touch.

Ok. Wait a sec.
Our claim to fame... or one of them is... we are FIVE TIME SB Champions. To say that SBXXX is at the bottom of the list is most certainly a hindsite thing.

Who here wasnt sweating bullets HOPING that we got #5? :laugh2:
I'm not judging on what it meant to the fans but on how good the teams were. The '95 win was great for many reasons, no doubt but that '95 team was the 'least great' by far.