Video: Which overpaid Cowboys player is next to get the ax?

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Tank could be in the same situation as Jaylon mainly because he has previously held the Cowboys hostage with injury/surgery situation. He has been on a milk carton since he signed his big contract.

Tank has performed at a higher level than Jaylon, for the most part, but his salary is WAY higher than Jaylon’s was. There is almost zero chance of Tank playing well enough to actually earn the $27m and $29m due him the last couple of years on his contract.

Loso86

Reaction score
Bye, Jaylon! Tough seeing you leave so suddenly, but you were way overpaid for the production (or lack of it) you brought on the field. Plus, dirt-cheap rookie LBs in Parsons and Cox made you and your overpaid contract expendable.

Tough but wise decision by the Cowboys. Finally.

So who is next?

Cowherd talks about it:

Who do you think might or should be next based on their overpaid contract, their production (or lack of it) on the field and their younger/cheaper replacements now on the team?

D-Law? Zeke? La'el? Amari?

Who do you see as the next needed cut player and why?

:popcorn:

Jayl9n was the only paid player under performing

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Man you said it. Our fans HATE guys that get paid
You will see by season's end how Jerry's yearly overpaying contracts is going to affect this team's ability to stay intact going forward. Getting paid is what we all want to see the players get, but overpaying has gotten out of hand.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
So you admit Amari is overpaid.

This is the point of this thread. Thank you for finally admitting that.

No, I absolutely do not 'admit Amaru is overpaid'. He hasn't been so far, but there are many years left on his contract. Whether it ends up being good or not has yet to be determined. He certainly isn't a bargain.

If I need to choose my words more carefully b/c you're being obtuse, then instead of saying 'not drastically overpaid', I should have said 'Amari has a big contract and he will need to continue to produce 1000+ yard seasons to justify it'.

Do you make it a habit of pretending to know what others think? If so, I think you're probably overpaid'.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, I absolutely do not 'admit Amaru is overpaid'. He hasn't been so far, but there are many years left on his contract. Whether it ends up being good or not has yet to be determined. He certainly isn't a bargain.

If I need to choose my words more carefully b/c you're being obtuse, then instead of saying 'not drastically overpaid', I should have said 'Amari has a big contract and he will need to continue to produce 1000+ yard seasons to justify it'.

Do you make it a habit of pretending to know what others think? If so, I think you're probably overpaid'.
:muttley::flagwave:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bye, Jaylon! Tough seeing you leave so suddenly, but you were way overpaid for the production (or lack of it) you brought on the field. Plus, dirt-cheap rookie LBs in Parsons and Cox made you and your overpaid contract expendable.

So who is next?

Cowherd talks about it:

Who do you think might or should be next based on their overpaid contract, their production (or lack of it) on the field and their younger/cheaper replacements now on the team?

I think it’s Lawrence, no question. Zeke is overpaid, or more accurately it’s not a position that you should pay a lot for. But his contract makes it nigh impossible to move on from it before 2023.

Lawrence is a different story. Unless he turns it up a great deal upon his return, I think Dallas should and will consider moving on.

Loso86

Reaction score
You will see by season's end how Jerry's yearly overpaying contracts is going to affect this team's ability to stay intact going forward. Getting paid is what we all want to see the players get, but overpaying has gotten out of hand.
Sadly if you haven't noticed EVERY team 9ver pays its the way of the salary cap world. They said it about Dak and now 3 or 4 other Qbs who are not as good will get overpaid, zeke was overpaid now his contract won't compare to others and so on. We don't pay up were not 3-1 right now or even competitive

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some seem to think this is the start of a wave of this. Why? The team still has the rest of the season to play, and it's a season with a promising start, so getting rid of multiple high priced players doesn't make much sense. After the season is a different story.

rambo2

Reaction score
That's not a good place to be.
Jimmy Johnson used to stir up the bottom half of the roster regularly.
This thread isn't about the bottom half of the roster and the bottom half of the roster is outstanding.

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean the answer is obviously Amari as he is the player with his replacement currently on the roster. None of the other Cowboys big FA signings really have anyone who is anywhere near the player they are on the roster (arguably Pollard but he will be a FA anyway). Law is one of the better players at his position and no one else in the roster is even 80% of the player he is. Dak is obviously the QB and there is no doubt about that. Elliot has Pollard but as said that will not last for Pollard and so adding a fresh singing bonus likely makes Pollard the more expensive option.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So who is next?

Cowherd talks about it:

Could be Collins if the testing issues soured them on him. Lawrence will eventually, but I think 2023 is more likely. Cooper is possible, but I think they are more likely to let Gallup walk and redo Coopers deal. He has very little guarenteed left after this season, and he should be willing to renegotiate. As long as Elliott is maintaining his current production he isnt getting cut.