CZ POLL Which players do you want off the team for 2023?

Which players do you want off the team for 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is he s free agent this year or next. I'm scared we're going to pay him a huge contract and then be stuck with this type of play. I would say the 3 biggest culprits of us losing was Dak, Diggs, and Maher. Diggs has been social distancing for months now. I don't want Jerry to invest in that.
i honestly would move on from Dak....if it was possibility....a game here or there it "seemed" he was carrying team but not consistently....and when lights the brightest....i am sorry...12 point output

against a team your defense kept under 20 just ticks me off.....i guarantee if any of us thought before game your defense will only allow 19....we all would have been super happy...but then Dak

had super poor showing....and he has said several times ....its on me it wont happen again ...but it does.....sorry that is on Dak

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can 100% guarantee you that I know what was holding him back. The same thing that will be holding him back around the start of training camp. It is a story as old as time itself. You simply can not win with this type of guy.
give him another year....he does play to jump routes which can get one in trouble...last year 11 INT's...this year 3 but 14 passes defended and fumble recovery....yes you can win with that output.....he has only played

2 years....takes DB's 4-5 years to really develop their craft....14 INT's first 2 years....he will only get better....and not injury proned

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Barr - not that good
Maher - can’t trust him anymore
Prescott - love the guy, but can’t trust him anymore
Elliott - love the guy, but he’s cooked
Brown - seems like a guy who’s worked hard, but there are better options out there

Toro9

Reaction score
We need to find a kicker. Maher's been a decent stop-gap but we need someone more consistent. Just draft a
I think Zeke had some bad coaching. He dives at the ground on contact, does not seem to keep his eyes open looking for path of least resistance. Running like a bull up your blockers back is good for those 1-2 yards. Rarely sees the field. I blame Garret.

Players regressed after Garret exposure.
Great running backs don't forget what has worked for them. Though after a few injuries they might become less aggressive, or simply slow down due to mileage and have to adjust their game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
ok maher has 149 votes lol which is just really stupid !
guy had one bad game, they won the game, and now everyone just acts like he cant kick anymore ??
how many other players have had one bad game and you want them cut ??
He missed extra points in three straight games. And in the final game, in the playoffs, he missed the first extra point.. I mean, there are high school kickers who could have nailed them all, consecutively. The miss against the 9ers, changed everything.

No way, no how, do you trust that guy again.

Like, never, if I were the coach.

Cmac

Reaction score
Now that the season is over.....let me help you a bit........

Ladies and Gentlemen....the 2023 Fall Guy Award goes to Dak, followed closely by Zeke. This has been the closest vote ever. Bret Maher came on strong late as a finalist, but not enough. Dak edged Zeke out due to TMZ-style reports of who he's dating, who he split up with or who dropped him, and photo of him dining with family & friends that's not allowed. Dak, despite wins, you failed to play clean. Too many interceptions granted the award.

Dak garners the award despite failing to call the Defense out against the Bears, Packers, and Jags on twitter, this year for being gashed and failing to hold leads, like a true Fall Guy should. You failed to call out Noah Brown fighting balls thrown to him like he was dealing with a swarm of bees. You failed to call out Gallup's route running efforts. You never came to the sideline asking Kellen Moore..."What the heck was that play?" You were in neck-in-neck tie with Zeke in the "I'm not liked" category.

This stops Zeke's streak of becoming a consecutive winning Fall Guy for three years.

Receiving votes at times, but not enough, included Noah "Hands" Brown, Trevon "I ain't tackling that Man" Diggs, Michael "I'm still hurt" Gallup, Jalen "What's the Line of Scrimmage" Tolbert, Kavonte "I'm gonna catch it this time" Turpin. Dak this places you in an elite class. There's been T.O and Dez to join.
OIP.W0ahPcfqFhkFXSbFgisoMQHaE5

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph is a special teams demon, gave you a chance to stay in it during the playoffs, basically handed you a gift, and you want him off the team before camp next year?
The ghost of Cameron Ray would disagree.

Jimm

Reaction score
Who do you want the Cowboys to get rid of during the off-season?

I tried to include any players I think several members might choose, but if there are players you want off the team not listed, post them in your replies.

If I see enough people posting the same player(s) that are not listed, I will try to add them to the poll.

You can vote for up to 5 players in this poll!
Shultz (we have two good young'uns to replace him and his costs are prohibitive), Zeke (unless he takes a significant pay cut and loses 20 pounds), Noah Brown (just a place holder at the table), Kevin Joseph (stick to rap bud!), Sam Williams (unless he learns how to drive at 2 am)

shabazz

Reaction score
The shocking part is that only 4% want to move on from LVE

ive seen thread after thread after thread hammering him……where did those members go?

Cmac

Reaction score
The shocking part is that only 4% want to move on from LVE

ive seen thread after thread after thread hammering him……where did those members go?
LVE granted mancrush. He played to the standards expected here and above those standards, coming back from injury. He is not a side-to-side linebacker.......just being loved on the Cowboy team appears to be enough......the heck with having a LB with some speed.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I want Rush off the team. He made it look so simple and beat better teams than the starter. I think pea brain was scared after watching him. I blame Cooper Rush for the ending of the season. Dak was so scared in the SF game, that it could only be because of the pressure from Rush.

madcow74

Reaction score
It's just unrealistic to think we let dak go. How easy is it to find a starter or even a decent backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.