CZ POLL Which players do you want off the team for 2023?

Which players do you want off the team for 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I definitely considered voting for Dak Prescott, but Dak's "No Trade" contract pretty much wipes out that idea. It'd probably cost a fortune to cut him. Those who are so big on getting rid of Dak are not considering the prohibitive cost.
Aside from that, I voted for Kelvin Joseph and Zeke.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I’ve never seen a kicker miss 4 extra points in one game. I don’t really want Zeke off the team, but he’s got to get healthy. Also I’d probably draft OL and a RB this year. They also could use another LB.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I’m surprised but if we could get a two first rounds for DAK would be worth considering. Look what the Eagles got. If a team could take on decks money into first-round picks we could move on from a lot of problems. ZEEK needs to go. Our trusty Tyrone Smiths Can go.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't really want anyone off the team. This is a good group with good chemistry. If we could I would just add a few pieces to make it better. However, given the CAP we have no choice but to let some guys go.

Zeke is saying he wants to stay and is willing to take a pay cut. I'd like to see what he is offering because most people will argue anything more than league minimum is too much. I think we can do better than that. Zeke is not the RB he was as a rookie, but he still has some value. He seems to be a good guy in the locker room. He is competitive still. And he has some limited abilities left. I would keep him for another year if he really is willing to work for a lot less.

Zeke is due to make $10.9 million in 2023. If he is willing to come down to say $2 or $3 million, I would keep him and see what he looks like camp. But they need a RB in the draft.

I think Schultz can go. I do not think he brings anything to the table that Ferguson cannot do. I think Ferguson will eventually be better than Schultz. I want to see more Hendershot on some seam passes.

I think LVE has earned his way back onto the team. He played a really good game against the 49ers. Barr can go. He is not as good as he once was. I feel like signing him stunted the development of Jabril Cox. Watching Damone Clark during the season we saw young guys need playing time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. Cox has not gotten that time.

It would be a ballsy move to trade Dak and now he might return the greatest value in draft picks. But it is never going to happen.

Steele is a Restricted Free Agent. I would try to sign him to a long term deal. He is a punishing run blocker in his prime. Getting him at RT next to Martin will improve the run game tremendously. I am assuming he recovers from his knee injury.

Diggs will be in his contract year next year so I would keep him. But if he continues to avoid tackles, especially in big games, I would let him walk. He looks like a guy who will get a big contract and underperform like Zeke and Dak.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'm not as down on Diggs as others. At the same time I'm not resigning him in the offseason. I'm making him play on the last year. He has to play like an all pro to get that contract he wants but no way in hell I'm trading him unless it's to a bad team for a first

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph is a special teams demon, gave you a chance to stay in it during the playoffs, basically handed you a gift, and you want him off the team before camp next year?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Money should not be a reason for continually driving a vehicle with a bad engine; especially when you tint the windows, buy new tires, get a paint job, new upholstery and trim. Nice looking vehicle, not a dependable ride.

It is time to either change the engine (costly), or continue driving a car that is doomed to fail.
jerry will continue driving that car lol , thinking that somehow it will run better in playoffs next time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
ok maher has 149 votes lol which is just really stupid !
guy had one bad game, they won the game, and now everyone just acts like he cant kick anymore ??
how many other players have had one bad game and you want them cut ??

MyFairLady

Reaction score
i did not vote the same but i saw a lot of good reasoning in your post...i would give Diggs more time to change his approach or whatever might be holding him back?
I can 100% guarantee you that I know what was holding him back. The same thing that will be holding him back around the start of training camp. It is a story as old as time itself. You simply can not win with this type of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.