Which roster is better - Dallas or Philly?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If simply going by wins and losses, Dak is 3-2 against Wentz (Wentz didn't play in the last game in 2017). So yes, in wins and losses he's out played Wentz.
No, he's right. Dak is 3-1 in real H2H games against Wentz. To count that week 17 game in 2016 as a H2H game is disingenuous. Dak only played a few series in that 2016 finale against Wentz (you remember...where Sanchez had to basically give the game away to pimple-face?!).

mmohican29

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles, but lets count something that isn't subjective recent SBs, the Eagles have a better QB and dline and comparable oline and winning 2 out of 3 of the most important positions hands them the edge, the season hasn't begun, we could easily make the playoffs and easily be under 500 when all is said and done.

Not sure how you can come to this conclusion.

I mean we've sent the Eagles home losers 4 of the last 6 games. We beat them twice last season and there was no luck involved. Forget that refs cost us nonsense.

Dallas outplayed Philly in both contests on 2018, Prescott is better than Wentz.

These are facts. They cannot be debated by evidence at the ready. Forget narrative, reality is reality.

Wentz is way overrated, Prescott owns him to date and he isn't all that either. But head to head Wentz has been his *****.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
It matters because it’s harder to drive 70 yards to get the td than it is to drive 10. So you’d score more if you got a disproportionate number of ten yard scoring drives.

I have no idea whether Wentz did have a lot of gimmies or not in 2017. I just know he’s hurt a lot and his team plays better for Foles.

Does it make it easier for the QB to throw a TD pass if most of the yards needed to get to the red zone are gotten by running the ball?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it make it easier for the QB to throw a TD pass if most of the yards needed to get to the red zone are gotten by running the ball?

Statistically, not very much. Passing efficiency is what wins in the league. As you guys noticed when you put your backup in the game after Wentz got hurt again last season.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
If simply going by wins and losses, Dak is 3-2 against Wentz (Wentz didn't play in the last game in 2017). So yes, in wins and losses he's out played Wentz.

Statistically? He really hasn't.

In the five games where both QBs played:

Wentz - 67.2% completion percentage, 1203 yards, 10 TDs, 1 interception, 100.0 rating

Prescott - 64.9% completion percentage, 1194, 6 TDs, 6 interceptions, 82.8 rating

Now, I am not suggesting you take Wentz over Prescott based on this sample of games, but the idea that Prescott has outplayed Wentz in head to head matchups isn't born out by the stats.

This is deliberately deceiving. You are drawing a comparison between QB that are only playing against ONE defense. And, as much as I dislike the Eagles, I must admit that their defense has been better than ours for a fairly long time. Hopefully, that might be changing REAL soon.

mmohican29

Reaction score
This is deliberately deceiving. You are drawing a comparison between QB that are only playing against ONE defense. And, as much as I dislike the Eagles, I must admit that their defense has been better than ours for a fairly long time. Hopefully, that might be changing REAL soon.

Even with the addition of Cooper, for much of 2018 the Dallas offense wasn't really all that dynamic.

Yet, we had no issues scoring against the Eagles Defense you said has been better than our for a long time. Why? Because the Eagles Defense isn't really that good. Their LB'ers and CB's stink to high heaven. They have a good DT and a solid S in Jenkins that everyone in Philadelphia thinks is Ed Reed re-incarnate somehow. He is above average and nothing more.

The Cowboys Defense was better than Philly's last year. No question about it.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Worst post of the night.

Prescott threw for over 700 yards and 5 TD's in two contests vs the Philly last year.

I can offer your some youtube highlights, or will the above suffice to provide proof you don't have any idea what you're talking about?

Sydla

Reaction score
No, he's right. Dak is 3-1 in real H2H games against Wentz. To count that week 17 game in 2016 as a H2H game is disingenuous. Dak only played a few series in that 2016 finale against Wentz (you remember...where Sanchez had to basically give the game away to pimple-face?!).

OK, 3-1.

It doesn't change the fact by all other stats, Wentz has actually played better in those games than Dak has. Even if you take out the Week 17 game were we didn't try in 2016.

In the end, I am not using head to head to say which QB is better. All I am suggesting is this notion that Dak has outplayed Wentz when they have played isn't exactly an accurate statement when you look at the stats.

Sydla

Reaction score

It's not deceiving at all.

Someone made the claim that Prescott played better than Wentz in those games. How else is one to try to discern who played better? Just your gut feel?

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Worst post of the night.

Prescott threw for over 700 yards and 5 TD's in two contests vs the Philly last year.

I can offer your some youtube highlights, or will the above suffice to provide proof you don't have any idea what you're talking about?

Not a daunting task against a team that played 15 different DBs. 13 of those 15 started games.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Worst post of the night.

I'm talking about Wentz's passing TDs in 2017. So I know what I'm talking about. I don't know what you're talking about.

Irvin88_4life said:
Not only that Wentz has a losing record in 2 of the 3 seasons. His stats aren't better than Daks. People forget the year Wentz was 11-2 most of his TDs came with his defense getting turnovers with him starting in the redzone. Even the eye test tells you Wentz isn't better

My reply to Irvin88_4life:
I don't how true or not true your statement is that "most of Wentz's TDs came after TOs in the red zone". Wentz had 33 passing TDs in 2017. It's hard to believe that 17 or more came from red zone TOs.

Why does it matter how you got to the red zone? Whether you got there driving 70 yards or 10 yards. Or if you got there via TO from your D or STs. What matters is what you do once you get into the red zone.

Idjit's reply to me:
It matters because it’s harder to drive 70 yards to get the td than it is to drive 10. So you’d score more if you got a disproportionate number of ten yard scoring drives.

I have no idea whether Wentz did have a lot of gimmies or not in 2017. I just know he’s hurt a lot and his team plays better for Foles.

My reply to Idjit:

Flamma

Reaction score
They definitely lose now if Wentz goes down. But before he got hurt led Egirls to 11 -2 record on a MVP pace.

With our roster and an elite prolific passer like Wentz Cowboys become instant serious contenders.

We’d be like Chiefs or Rams.

I see where you're going and I agree to some extent had you said Chiefs or Saints. But do you think Jared Goff is a prolific passer? And how did Wentz do without the weapons? Before the 2017 season the Eagles retooled just like we're doing now by adding key pieces. A big part of the QBs success besides talent is coaching and game planning. I'm just not ready to anoint Carson yet, and certainly not Goff. But yeah, both can play. I just don't believe we'd be prolific as opposed to what we are now with either of those two.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see where you're going and I agree to some extent had you said Chiefs or Saints. But do you think Jared Goff is a prolific passer? And how did Wentz do without the weapons? Before the 2017 season the Eagles retooled just like we're doing now by adding key pieces. A big part of the QBs success besides talent is coaching and game planning. I'm just not ready to anoint Carson yet, and certainly not Goff. But yeah, both can play. I just don't believe we'd be prolific as opposed to what we are now with either of those two.
Goff keeps defenses honest. Nobody stacking the line on him. But I would agree not as prolific as others mentioned.

Here’s the key in my argumemt. How far do more prolific passers go with this talent on offense ?

Yes, Elite QB’s need surrounding talent but look what they do with it. How much more Elite talent on offense does Dak need to be a top offense leading us further?

I’ve seen fans argue Aikman needed Elite talent around him . Sure, but look what he did with it.

morat1959

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. They’ve got a GM, FO and coaching staff. We don’t!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. They’ve got a GM, FO and coaching staff. We don’t!
I see what your saying but it really was just a player comparison. After last years shortcomings, the Eagles fans are being really hard on the coach/team.

Gee, what other board does that happen on? Hmmmmmm.

MaaS

Reaction score
Our talent is constantly being overrated. Dallas has a lot of fans, the media makes money from capturing fans attention, thus, the media hypes Dallas.

I think it's close enough that it depends on your bias. A Dallas fan will say Dallas, a Philly fan will say Philly, and both have a logical case.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Not a daunting task against a team that played 15 different DBs. 13 of those 15 started games.

Don't care. You throw that trash out there, expect to be abused.

This is the Eagles team that delusional people feel has a better D and a better team than the one that swept them- with absolutely no evidence to support those claims.

None.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Our talent is constantly being overrated. Dallas has a lot of fans, the media makes money from capturing fans attention, thus, the media hypes Dallas.

I think it's close enough that it depends on your bias. A Dallas fan will say Dallas, a Philly fan will say Philly, and both have a logical case.

No. There is no evidence to support the notion that the Eagles have a better roster than the Cowboys.