Which roster is better - Dallas or Philly?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
You are being silly but you tend to homer out, so I guess it should be expected that you think our coaching staff stacks up to one that won a SB:

Dear Philly apologist,
Who was the better coaching staff in Super Bowl XXX, Dallas or Pittsburgh?

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Raiders traded Khalil Mack and not because he "fell off".

I don’t understand why some fans think it’s strange when a receiver has down games, in a run first offense.

It’s stupidity for people to expect Cooper to get over 100+ yards every game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dear Philly apologist,
Who was the better coaching staff in Super Bowl XXX, Dallas or Pittsburgh?

You realize this doesn’t help your case right?

Because we aren’t comparing two SB coaching staffs. We are comparing one that won a SB in two seasons to one that hasn’t gotten past the divisional round in 8 years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A mile is still a mile no matter in the city or in the country.
But the coaching really is not that far apart. I mean we did beat them twice last season and won the division.
So last year our coaches were better, though the year before their coaches were better.

No ice is the the same thing as dry ice.

A country mile is a term that is not the same as mile.

Country Mile: A long distance.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jenkins is an excellent player. How our safeties in conjunction with our corners was better than what the Eagles secondary did at any point last year.

So let me get this straight....... our safeties are “better” because they worked better with our CBs?

No offense but that’s the funniest rationale I have ever heard for defending why players that aren’t as good by any rational measure are actually better.

I mean are you arguing that if you put Malcolm Jenkins here in Dallas as our SS, he wouldn’t be better than Heath?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t understand why some fans think it’s strange when a receiver has down games, in a run first offense.

It’s stupidity for people to expect Cooper to get over 100+ yards every game.

Defenses can always over-focus on a #1 WR.

Cooper's lower stats games correlated with another player (or multiple) having better than average stats and/or with Dak getting excessive pressure.

garyv

Reaction score
Coach and Front office should be included.

That obviously tips the scale so far in Phillys favour that it makes me upset to think about it

I'm not so sure about that one maybe at HC but McClay and Steven Jones may be better than philly in my view

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I find it curious how you didn’t mention Wentz’ record from last season.

Wentz is probably a bit better when healthy. But his health is a major question mark.

If Nate sudfeld is starting games for the eagles. They have problems.
I believe I mentioned if he can stay healthy.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
A good friend of mine, who is an Eagles fan, was over for drinks this weekend, and we got into a debate about Philly versus Dallas. P: I have no idea
-Really ... no idea
Lol. Typical Egals fan. Cowboys won 3 straight since 2017.

Dallas will become the first NFC East team to repeat as division champions since 2004. :thumbup:

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
A good friend of mine, who is an Eagles fan, was over for drinks this weekend, and we got into a debate about Philly versus Dallas. He pointed out a stupid fan poll, which said the Eagles were the favorites this coming season in the NFC East. I asked him what Philadelphia has done to make their roster that much better than the 9-7 team that sneaked into the back door of the playoffs last year, given the fact that they no longer have their Lord and Savior Nick Foles. He said Philly absolutely has a better roster than Dallas right now. I said I think he's crazy. As an exercise, let me know if you agree with this attempt at an unbiased assessment:

OFFENSE

QB: Philly
-Prescott has better stats and a better record, but Wentz has played extremely well when healthy. If both players are 100% healthy, Wentz might be a better QB. It's closer than my Eagles fan friend will ever admit, though.

RB: Dallas
-There's no debate here

WR: Dallas
-This one is where our debate would probably start. He thinks Alshon Jeffrey is a really good receiver. I'm not all that impressed with him. He's certainly a different type of receiver than Amari Cooper, but I don't think he's better. Cooper has better stats and more Pro Bowls than Jeffrey, in fewer years. At the #2 WR spot, DeShaun Jackson is probably better than Michael Gallup due to experience. At the #3 WR spot, Nelson Agholor and Randall Cobb may be a push.

TE: Philly
-Zach Ertz is one of the best in the business, for sure, and his backup is pretty good too.

OL: Dallas
-This is actually a pretty close one too, but I think if Frederick comes back at near 100%, Dallas' Great Wall will be back in business.

DEFENSE

DE: Dallas
-With Lawrence now signed and Quinn on board for a year, I think Dallas has this one

DT: Philly
-Fletcher Cox is really, really good and Malik Jackson was a good signing.

LB: Dallas
-I don't see any logical argument here.

CB: Dallas
-This may be where my bias is showing, but I think our lineup looks better than theirs. Both teams have good young CBs, but Dallas had one Pro Bowler and Philly had none, so we win.

S: Philly
-Malcolm Jenkins is a very good safety.

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Dallas
-Maybe ... I don't know. Neither team had a particularly good kicker this year.

P: I have no idea
-Really ... no idea
Pretty good run down on talent. Lack of injuries puts dak over wentz imo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Top 3 I'd imagine..
I’d take any of the 4 in championship games last year and probably throw in a few others in playoffs like Luck , Wilson and Rivers. There’s a few others like Rodgers, Rothleisburger , Ryan I’d take too. I rank Dak about in the middle of the pack in NFL. No telling where he’d rank without all of this talent around him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You tried to use the fact that the Raiders traded Cooper as evidence that he was not that good. Your point failed.
That’s not what I said. You misinterpret my words. You read what you wanted to read. Shocking..

Cooper is very talented. My point is he was inconsistent after time which he showed a glimpse of in a couple games here.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You kids are hilarious . The Dakster Cavalry. Lol

Last edited: