Which roster is better - Dallas or Philly?

Sydla

Reaction score
By your argument everyone in the PHI organization associated with the 2017 team is better than the Cowboy equivalent.

The reality is Roseman did an outstanding job improving a mediocre 2016 roster for a Super Bowl run.

You overate Pederson. He’s good enough to win a championship with a loaded defense and great QB play. A lot of guys are.

Roseman did a great job.

Pederson isn’t a great coach. But he’s better than our coach.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I can’t tell if you being obtuse on purpose.

Only a true homer would continue to argue that a SB winning coaching staff is not better than one that has two playoff wins in 8 seasons.

And FWIW, Switzer was actually an underrated coach and he had a top notch staff - Zampese, Campo, Zimmer, etc. Better staff than we have now.
That Philly coaching staff is decidedly not the one that won a super bowl. Frank Reich and Joe Difillapino were huge parts of that staff.

Reich in particular worked wonders in Indy. He’s a fantastic coach, IMO. Huge loss for Pederson.

Their current staff in Philly has never made it past, you guessed it; the Divisional round.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Reich, in particular. I agree.
I see my previous post was late to the party...

Oh well, it’s true... Reich was a huge piece of the coaching puzzle in Philly. I’d take Reich all day long over Pederson.

Sydla

Reaction score
I see my previous post was late to the party...

Oh well, it’s true... Reich was a huge piece of the coaching puzzle in Philly. I’d take Reich all day long over Pederson.

Agree on Reich. I think he’s going to do a great job in Indy as long as they can keep Luck healthy.

mmohican29

Reaction score
As it stands the Eagles are slightly ahead. If they nail the draft, they will be significantly ahead. Having a first is an advantage for them.

Yeah... No.

Cowboys have the better roster at almost all position groups.

QB is a draw at worst. Dak @ 4-1 I believe h2h with Wentz.

Philly has edge @ DT, S, K, TE That's it.

RB-Dal
WR-Dal
OL-Dal
DE-Dal
CB-Dal
LB-Dal
P-Dal

Not sure how anyone can see this differently.

joshjwp

Reaction score
I agree with pretty much everything you said. We are the better team overall.

Fwed

Reaction score
QB. Eagles. Not even close
RB. Cowboys. Not close
WR. Cowboys. But close
TE. Eagles.
OL. Eagles.
DL. Eagles. Depth.
LB. cowboys...but this is a dying position.
CB cowboys
S eagles
K/p. Eagles are strong here. Not sure how the cowboys are.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
RB. Cowboys. Not close
OL. Eagles.
DL. Eagles. Depth...not so much now but you know the eagles will add a couple pieces because they value it more
CB cowboys
S eagles
K/p. Eagles are strong here. Bot sure how the cowboys are.

You can’t count positions that you believe you will add depth in the future.

OL is not the Eagles either. Probably a push.

LOL at LB being a dying position. The SAM position might be dying though as teams play more nickel.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It’s not just the position groups, either. For instance, if a team has a strong run blocking line and they have Ezekiel Elliott as their RB, that spells trouble for the defense.

A good QB with a good WR corps is also trouble. They feed off the strength of the other unit.

Very strong DT’s paired with fast, aggressive LB’s will make the LB’s even more dangerous. A good pass rush will help the secondary and vice versa.

At this point, I don’t feel like Philly’s LB’s can take advantage of all the opportunities that Their very good DT group will provide... at least not to the extent that a good LB group would.

Elliott will get every possible yard that Dallas’ good OL can open up for him.

The synergy between good groups will end up making both better. The sum is greater than their parts, so to speak.

Fwed

Reaction score

LOL at LB being a dying position. The SAM position might be dying though as teams play more nickel.
Yea maybe redo this in a few weeks

LB is so much less important than it was a decade ago. Eagles played a lot of dime last year with Malcolm Jenkins playing a hybrid LB role. 3rd LB is much less important than slot corner

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
RB. Cowboys. Not close
WR. Cowboys. But close
TE. Eagles.
OL. Eagles.
DL. Eagles. Depth.
CB cowboys
S eagles
K/p. Eagles are strong here. Not sure how the cowboys are.
Actually, I pretty much agree with this, for the most part.

I’d say the Dallas DE’s are better but the Eagles tackles are better, making this pretty much a wash (pre-draft).

I also think that the OL will be slightly in the Cowboys favor with Frederick back at he pivot.

And while the Sam backer spot might be dying off... the LB’s are definitely not. They won’t just go to 7 DB’s unless a couple of safeties who play like LB’s are in there, in which case you still have LB’s.

Fwed

Reaction score
Actually, I pretty much agree with this, for the most part.

I’d say the Dallas DE’s are better but the Eagles tackles are better, making this pretty much a wash (pre-draft).

I also think that the OL will be slightly in the Cowboys favor with Frederick back at he pivot.

And while the Sam backer spot might be dying off... the LB’s are definitely not. They won’t just go to 7 DB’s unless a couple of safeties who play like LB’s are in there, in which case you still have LB’s.
Good point that the S still counts as a LB if he’s playing that hybrid role.

Fwed

Reaction score

Also Sydla, it always feels like to me that cowboys fans really overrate their OL. Is Frederick ever going to be the same? Nerve injuries are tricky things. Both OLs are among the best in the league.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Depends on the results.

Statistically, the Eagles secondary actually was more effective against thebpass than we were if you look at stats like opposing passer ratings, etc.

You apparently seriously overrate how good our secondary was last year.

Let’s ask it this way. Would our secondary be better with Malcolm Jenkins playing SS or Jeff Heath?
Results

Fwed

Reaction score
Roseman did a great job.

Pederson isn’t a great coach. But he’s better than our coach.
Give Peterson more credit. I thought he was a dunce...I was wrong.
He has pretty much revolutionized how the nfl views 4th and short. He also is not afraid to delegate and trust his staff and his players.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
although we swept them last year I wouldn’t have wanted to face them in playoffs. They would have been a tough out.

If Wentz can stay healthy I don’t think we’ve seen what he can do.

With a solid defense and potential Elite QB they have the goods to go all the way.

Wentz has shown one little stretch in his career that he has what it takes to do anything. Nothing else. But yeah, people keep hyping up this dude year after year yet he hasn't accomplished anything...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Give Peterson more credit. I thought he was a dunce...I was wrong.
He has pretty much revolutionized how the nfl views 4th and short. He also is not afraid to delegate and trust his staff and his players.

I'll give him credit for a fair amount of 2017, and Philly Philly was nothing short of a brilliant call. However, I do have to wonder how much of his success will come down to Roles vs Wentz.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am rooting for both Hurns and Austin and step right up and say...Dallas!:starspin: