Which roster is better - Dallas or Philly?

Sydla

Reaction score

Depends on the results.

Statistically, the Eagles secondary actually was more effective against thebpass than we were if you look at stats like opposing passer ratings, etc.

You apparently seriously overrate how good our secondary was last year.

Let’s ask it this way. Would our secondary be better with Malcolm Jenkins playing SS or Jeff Heath?

Sydla

Reaction score
Saying they weren't a super bowl roster isnt giving them enough credit?

Jesus christ, yeah you are just making stuff up. Nevermind.

Guess a team starting both Crawfords, Terrell, McClain, Collins, Scandrick, Carr, and rookie Brown on defense is a super bowl team to you.

With better coaching they should have at least made the NFCCG game. They won 13 games that year. So they had some talent, more than you want to give them credit for.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No ice is the the same thing as dry ice.

A country mile is a term that is not the same as mile.

Country Mile: A long distance.

Still a mile is a mile. Though a country mile is a term that is longer that a mile as it is supposed to seem. But it is still a mile.

Dry ice is different from ice from water. But no ice is no ice. Dry ice is a form of ice.

But no way are they that much better.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The rosters are fairly evenly matched. They have strengths we don't have, and we have strengths they don't have. If Wentz is healthy he's better than Prescott, but Prescott has a superior line, and far superior running game.

Philly didn't have to do anything to be a better ballclub other than get healthy. If you remember they lost nearly their entire secondary by midseason, and could not defend the pass, at all. If not for the stellar play of their practice squad players, and players that nobody else wanted down the stretch they never would have made the playoffs.

I still venture to guess if they weren't riddled with injuries they probably would have won the division last year. We were fortunate to catch them at the worst time, and when we did play we did even more damage to their secondary.

Sydla

Reaction score
Was it a super bowl worthy roster

Close enough that with some breaks and better coaching they could have made the SB. They also had home field advantage.

It’s clear what you are doing. In order to prop up Dak even more (and for the record he had a great rookie season) you are creating this argument that Dak lifted a team beyond its capabilities.

But if we are honest, if you want to play that game, then let’s talk 2017 when he didn’t lift the team beyond their capabilities.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
QB is the only one I disagree with you on Wince is never healthy and even when he is Dak has made sure to get the win
Not only is Wince never healthy is far from being a clutch QB......I think his head swelled up pretty big when he was just handed the starting gig back and sent the SB MVP back to the bench.

Wince don't have Foles to fall back on anymore. Should be an interesting season for them.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Close enough that with some breaks and better coaching they could have made the SB. They also had home field advantage.

It’s clear what you are doing. In order to prop up Dak even more (and for the record he had a great rookie season) you are creating this argument that Dak lifted a team beyond its capabilities.

But if we are honest, if you want to play that game, then let’s talk 2017 when he didn’t lift the team beyond their capabilities.

You have no clue what I'm doing, and it's quite obvious. It's way over your head I guess.

I simply asked if we had a super bowl roster, which you side stepped many many many times. Not one mention of Dak propping up a team. You've just fabricated that as you've done a **** ton of things in this thread.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll take our roster over Philly's. Dak is healthier than Wentz. Zeke is a much better RB. Our WRs are very solid now. Tight End, okay, Philly has us there. Oline, us. Dline, us outside o Fletcher Cox. Linebackers go to us. Secondary, push Only thing they have at secondary is Malcolm Jenkins and a maybe Sydney Jones when healthy. Special teams, push.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, our roster is better. It’s close, though, and we don’t have a first round pick.

They don’t have a coaching advantage. Howie’s their real secret weapon at the organizational level, and we don’t have his equivalent in Dallas.

VanJaylon

Reaction score
Come on man the 2016 team played keep away with the best offensive line and running back in football. They had to play that way cause the defense couldn’t hold up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Coach and Front office should be included.

That obviously tips the scale so far in Phillys favour that it makes me upset to think about it

I'd say it's slightly in favour of the Eagles if not for Garrett. Jerry and Stephen have done quite well. No splash signings, but strong signings. I'd say that's probably a push, but Philly may have a slight advantage here. Garrett tips the scales in their favour for sure.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The rosters are fairly evenly matched. They have strengths we don't have, and we have strengths they don't have. If Wentz is healthy he's better than Prescott, but Prescott has a superior line, and far superior running game.

No he's not, Wentz wilts under pressure in the 4th quarter, Dak plays his best.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have no clue what I'm doing, and it's quite obvious. It's way over your head I guess.

I simply asked if we had a super bowl roster, which you side stepped many many many times. Not one mention of Dak propping up a team. You've just fabricated that as you've done a **** ton of things in this thread.

Then what was the point of you bringing up the fact the 2016 team wasn’t SB quality ina discussion about Dak?

What was the logic behind your comment that Dak won 13 games with a non-SB quality team?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Right now, our roster is better. It’s close, though, and we don’t have a first round pick.

They don’t have a coaching advantage. Howie’s their real secret weapon at the organizational level, and we don’t have his equivalent in Dallas.

LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol, rite?

Yep.

You have a coach that won a SB in his second year as coach with his backup QB and the other coach has two playoff wins in 8 seasons.

But yeah, the coaches are comparable.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep.

You have a coach that won a SB in his second year as coach with his backup QB and the other coach has two playoff wins in 8 seasons.

But yeah, the coaches are comparable.

By your argument everyone in the PHI organization associated with the 2017 team is better than the Cowboy equivalent.

The reality is Roseman did an outstanding job improving a mediocre 2016 roster for a Super Bowl run.

You overate Pederson. He’s good enough to win a championship with a loaded defense and great QB play. A lot of guys are.