Video: Whitlock on T. Gonzalez: Has Jerry Jones built a legitimate playoff contender?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
We have so little room to lose anymore. We have to go at least 4-2 and maybe 5-1 to get in.
4-2 should get us in, as long as we take care of the division games. Win those games and we could probably still lose to the saints and colts and get in.

A loss to the skins and it's all over. We would have to win the last five and that ain't happening.

CCBoy

Reaction score
:clap::flagwave: If one ignores Jerry, the team is still there....Hooooooah!:starspin:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
tenor.gif

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The ridiculous overreaction stimulates debate$.

I dunno I don't think it's a ridiculous question at all...this team has a proven winning formula for post season success and we appear to be peaking towards the right time. Talent wise we've got enough, coaching may be a completely different matter. We are trending in the right direction at the right time.
If we get into the playoffs this team absolutely can win it all and I have no doubt about that. That actually happening though isn't likely because winning SB's isn't easy for anybody even teams who're good to great year in and year out. Even the greatest QBs to play the game can hardly win a SB unless you're name is Tom Brady. Everything has to align perfectly for a team to win a SB and there's no reason it can't be this team if we're in the playoffs.

aria

Reaction score
I dunno I don't think it's a ridiculous question at all...this team has a proven winning formula for post season success and we appear to be peaking towards the right time. Talent wise we've got enough, coaching may be a completely different matter. We are trending in the right direction at the right time.
If we get into the playoffs this team absolutely can win it all and I have no doubt about that. That actually happening though isn't likely because winning SB's isn't easy for anybody even teams who're good to great year in and year out. Even the greatest QBs to play the game can hardly win a SB unless you're name is Tom Brady. Everything has to align perfectly for a team to win a SB and there's no reason it can't be this team if we're in the playoffs.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha...is that you Marty McFly? Please tell us more about this “proven winning formula for post season success”.

zerofill

Reaction score
Bwahahahahahahahahaha...is that you Marty McFly? Please tell us more about this “proven winning formula for post season success”.

Was wondering that myself... Thought maybe he was a fan of another team and logged into the wrong board or something.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm amazed at the continued doubt towards Dak, calling him a bus driver? I keep saying, the key to success for this team is the Oline's and Dline's performances. Dak is plenty of good (more than good enough), plus he's smart, a dual-threat and takes care of the football. Zeke is a beast. Cowboys finally have a true #1 WR. Need to go hard and move up in the 2nd round next year and draft Texas 6'5" WR #84 Lil' Jordan Humphries. Then hope Swaim, Schultz and Rico can take it up a notch or two at TE. Plus, with Gallup coming back as a 2nd year semi-starter, and finally the showcase of 6'5" Cedrick Wilson, this Offense will be set.

Still, the key is the Oline. If Coach Marc Colombo (w/help from Hudson Houck) can keep improving this Oline while developing the backups, ooooh baby, this Offense is going to be deadly next year.

The same goes for the Defense. Their key is the Dline. Period. Resign Tank Lawrence to a longterm contract (hope he gives Jerry a little discount). Resign David Irving to a friendly 3 year contract. Redo Tyrone Crawford's contract to a friendly deal. Taco should be improved. Gregory is finally coming along. Resign Antwaun Woods to a friendly 3 year deal. The same goes for Maliek Collins. Plus, all of their backups are starting to gel and pick things up. Now, add our very young and talented LB corps. The same goes for our very young D-secondary? This Defense will be even better next year.

Still, the key to success for our team lies in the trenches. Both sides of the line.