Who’s decision was it to make Pollard the primary back?

kskboys

Reaction score
Only way you missed the conversations is if you never logged on here last season.

Zeke vs Pollard threads were an every day occurrence and I can assure you very few thought Zeke should be starting and given most snaps over Pollard.
Way more than you think.

Most of the naysayers of us wanted a different starter over Zeke, but didn't think Polly was that guy.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Either way, I didn't have a good feeling about it since we didn't address the position in the offseason.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yea and or just try and reduce Zekes deal
Maybe, but it was time to move on from Zeke. There were just so many options, both in FA and the draft. Dumber'n dirt not to get someone. This reeks badly of the time we let Murray walk and didn't fill the position. Sooooooooooooooooooooo, the question then becomes, how in the world did Jerry not learn from that?

Once again, it's OK for fans to believe the trash that any RB will do and that they're easy to find, but the GM of the team absolutely cannot fall for that obvious pile of steaming.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, we know FOR SURE it was not Jerry.
He was holding on to Zeke for dear life.

It was MM and the RB coach

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol, when someone resorts to name calling, that's when you know you've got them. And besides, I know you're a dak lover and it's just too easy to get your goat. Just like I did. Lol...
That’s what trolls try and do. You’re the definition of a troll.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, we know FOR SURE it was not Jerry.
He was holding on to Zeke for dear life.

It was MM and the RB coach
Doesn't matter. The GM is in charge of personnel.

And it's not about dumping Zeke, it's about not refilling the position.

Loso86

Reaction score
Maybe, but it was time to move on from Zeke. There were just so many options, both in FA and the draft. Dumber'n dirt not to get someone. This reeks badly of the time we let Murray walk and didn't fill the position. Sooooooooooooooooooooo, the question then becomes, how in the world did Jerry not learn from that?

Once again, it's OK for fans to believe the trash that any RB will do and that they're easy to find, but the GM of the team absolutely cannot fall for that obvious pile of steaming.
Yup so many options yet didn't matter because they got none of them

Xeven

Reaction score
They need some pass plays were they hit Pollard in stride over the middle. He can burst out and score with that.

foofighters

Reaction score
That’s what trolls try and do. You’re the definition of a troll.
Nope. I don't hate on players. Do I hate on Jerry? you bet I do. Nothing will change. However, I do praise Dak when he does well. Just like today. He looked great today. However, he does have his limitations and that's why you super sensitive guys get all bent out of shape. I don't hate Dak. However, you can't stand it because I own you. I don't play the love/hate game. I call it down the middle. I call out players when their performance is poor and I give them props when they do well. Just like I'd expect someone to do with my work performance. It's called accountability and you, like Jerry, love individual players too much to really make solid business decisions in running the team. My comment about Dak in the first part of this thread was solely to get you going, in jest. and what happened? You went off the deep end. You can't exist in a world were dudes hang out and give each other poooooo for liking one team or another and ribbing each other during a game.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yeah.. people conflate "easier" with "easy." Yes running backs are easier to find than say good left tackles because more of the human population fits into the body mold of a running ... 5'8" to 6'2" 185 to 230 pounds as opposed to 6'3" - 6'7" 300 to 340 pounds for left tackles. There is simply MORE candidates from which to choose. But if you get a great one you need to saddle up and ride him. You don't build your entire offense around him rather you try to pair him with a top shelf passing attack and a good o-line and your offense becomes unstoppable. Building the entire offense around any one player is folly and to my knowledge has never worked for anybody in the NFL. At least not to the extent of the ultimate goal which is winning championships. No matter how great the QB, WR or RB is, if the rest of the team around him is trash then the results will be trash. It plays out every year in the NFL yet a dozen teams will try the same stupid track every season.
To your point.....outside of salary cap ramifications, then Zeke was as viable to this team, just as TPollard was hoisted as the RB savior last year before injury, by many. OL blocking ineffectiveness starting to become more obvious than before, I hope. Just sayin'.