Who’s decision was it to make Pollard the primary back?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I’m more disappointed in Brian schottenheimer. The guys value really comes in the ability to have a creative run game. Maybe we have that the issue is MM refuses to call anything other than a dive play but I’m not sure Pollard is being set up for success at all in this offense.
Of course he is not being set up for success. Anyone watching the games can see the blocking schemes are basic and consistently simple. These schemes make it difficult for the O lineman to be successful. When the O line is not successful the running backs are not successful.

exciter

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. He was decent as a third down, back up to Zeke ... but no way is he built to be a bell cow back.

There was no reason why we couldn't have drafted a decent RB in the middle rounds. Achen comes to mind.

Then again, it's Jerry Jones the football maverick. Wanting to do things his way.
Hmmm… he was the starter in all but name only last year and rushed for 1000 yards. He’s the unquestioned starter this year and is on pace for 1000 yards?

Kellsbells

Reaction score
We need the line to block a little before we can judge any of these backs.

I like Dowdle, and Pollard as a tandem, but they need blocking just like every back in the history of the NFL!
Maybe try some plays designed to get him to the outside, instead of sending him right up the middle every time. It’s almost like they enjoy being 3rd and 8 all the time.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
The same Front Office that thought Dallas had a championship level WR Corp then desperately traded for Amari Cooper to save the season. Is anyone surprised?

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
Pollard is WAY better at his position, than Wentz or Lance, are at theirs!
You sure about that? By which metric?

Wentz was the reason the Eagles had the top seed and was MVP runner up. He was then given $30M a year...Foles absolutely sucked for 3.5 games before he caught fire.

Pollard may be better than lance, but SF invested WAY more in Lance than Dallas did in Pollard.

Pollard is easily the easiest pill to swallow if you are going to cut bait on any of them.

But we can keep doing what we’ve been doing since the salary cap started and have nothing to show for it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He deserved to be the primary back based on his performance. Based on his injuries when given a bigger role, the foolish move was not teamming him up with another top back. I know some say to give Dowdle more carries, but I don't think that's the answer.
He’s too small. He wasn’t even the featured back at Memphis.

loublue22

Reaction score
the two big plays he made against the Chargers were on 3rd down, he's a 3rd down back

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course he is not being set up for success. Anyone watching the games can see the blocking schemes are basic and consistently simple. These schemes make it difficult for the O lineman to be successful. When the O line is not successful the running backs are not successful.
Are you an offensive line coach?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Whomever it was should be fired. PLEASE TRADE FOR A REAL #1 RB!
We were limited.

Team decided to let Zeke go.

That meant we either spend a reasonably high draft pick on a RB or give Pollard the franchise tag and see if he could be RB1.

I’m on record here saying he was never RB1 level but once we didn’t take a RB, it became a situation of “ok, guess we roll with it”.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is an easy 1. I think its clear its Jerry and Stevie that forced this. Because they are tagging him at a high number. They want their moneys worth. Its dumb, but how they think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We were limited.

Team decided to let Zeke go.

That meant we either spend a reasonably high draft pick on a RB or give Pollard the franchise tag and see if he could be RB1.

I’m on record here saying he was never RB1 level but once we didn’t take a RB, it became a situation of “ok, guess we roll with it”.
I said the same and got blasted here. We have a offensive line issue and a RB issue. If we can fix each, we will be better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The issue isn't the running back, it's the offensive line...
Both things are true. The line is fixable with the guys we have. I think the line coach must simplify things as well. I don't think the RB we need is on the roster. We need a guy.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is an easy 1. I think its clear its Jerry and Stevie that forced this. Because they are tagging him at a high number. They want their moneys worth. Its dumb, but how they think.
What were you suggesting during the off season?