Who’s to say that Tolbert or Fehoko, Brown, Vasher or Turbin isn’t the answer?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jalen Tolbert I expect will see alot of playing time, Dallas drafted him in the 3rd and I expect to see him getting playing time. The rest I'm more concerned with. Having Gallup out and now Washington, I think Cowboys better look to get some vet help. I think some of these guys have a chance to see playing time but would not let the season rest on these players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I played or coached for 37 years....I worried about my teams, because it was my job and I had control. I don't worry about the Cowboys, they are purely entertainment for me. One game at a time and hope for the best. Yes, hope.....since anything I say or do won't change them....I just hope we win.
That’s a great position to have . One that probably represents many fans .

But if you were a fan who wants to discuss and critic these decisions and strategy by our franchise similar to a sports or beat writer wouldn’t an open fan forum as such be a good place to go and provide your thoughts and opinions?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I played or coached for 37 years....I worried about my teams, because it was my job and I had control. I don't worry about the Cowboys, they are purely entertainment for me. One game at a time and hope for the best. Yes, hope.....since anything I say or do won't change them....I just hope we win.
Same here when the game time whistle blows I'm all in.
We need a "critical evaluation folder" . To be fair I love Quinn and this defense I have been praising them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I go by what I see, nothing to do with what the coaches or FO tell me. These practices are nice, but I go by what I see in games.
And why it’s difficult for fans to analyze practices . First of all we don’t see all of them . It’s not like a game where we can respond to the results .

During camp and practices we either have to rely on what our organization is providing or the sports writers, etc which cover it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry can say there is no urgency but in the end I think he will look to bring in a vet. I just hope it is not after a couple of losses.
I was being sarcastic. Our owner is simply providing a positive spin as usual . Nothing more.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m hoping one of these dudes shine. Having said that WR is tough to play well early. Generally only 1st round picks are studs out of the gate and even than some of them aren’t. It is what it is. At least Gallup and Wash will be back sometime.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're not a big fan of critical thinking are you
And this is the position for much of our fanbase . They just want to enjoy the entertainment value of watching the games cheering and rooting their team on . Which is great.

But there are fans who want to critic and break it all down . You’d think that’s why we have an open discussion in a fan forum.

Apparently we have some fans who don’t fully grasp or appreciate the concept of an open forum discussion or expected there to be less critical thinking . I’m not really sure .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. Our owner is simply providing a positive spin as usual . Nothing more.

I did not see anything wrong in what you were saying. Personally I think it is a mistake not going out and brining in a vet. It is early in camp and would give whomever they bring in time to get in sync with Dak. It is not a knock on these young WR but none have any real experience and would much rather see a vet brought in while easing these young guys into games. But depending on them to go out and make plays as a starter? I think that is asking a lot out of them.

Sydla

Reaction score
There’s so much negativity posted here about the WR position and the OL position. It’s like CZ posters actually know what’s going on in practice, in the locker room , in the classroom. This place is flooded with posters who think they know more than the Cowboys scouts, coaches.

Who’s to say that Tolbert or Fehoko, Brown, Vasher or Turbin isn’t the answer?

Who’s to say Biadiaz, Farniok, McGovern, Tyler Smith, Josh Ball, Alarcon aren’t the answer?

The truth is that no one can say 100% on any of this. Every year is a different team. So the haters like P and M and C out there who consistently crap on the QB, and thus the Cowboys, do not know squat. They HOPE that the Cowboys fail so they can blame the QB. But it’s only hope on their part. And that my friends, is sad.

Common sense says, that’s who.

Sydla

Reaction score
i hate washington getting hurt but the one position group deep enough numbers wise to absorb an injury is wr.
i'm excited to see tolbert...vasher...houston...brown...fehoko and turpin have some opportunities to provide answers.
10 healthy receivers fightn' for 6 or 7 spots.
pre-season will be fun to watch it play out.

Again warm bodies doesn’t equal “depth”.

We had 10+ WRs in camp in 2018 and guess what? We still had a WR problem in 2018.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

We had 10+ WRs in camp in 2018 and guess what? We still had a WR problem in 2018.

in 2018 we at least had guys like Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley who had experience these young guys have never caught a TD in the NFL including Noah Brown. I hope to see some guys emerge out of this group and prove they are NFL players but would not bank a season on them.

cowboyec

Reaction score

we didn't have a veteran receiver that camp any where near ceedee lamb's talent level.
not one.
we had gallup and nothing.
we have no idea how talented or not this group is til we see the pre-season games.
but in no way does this compare to 2018.
ceedee lamb and gallup when he returns are miles ahead of that 2018 group.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not sure about the other guys, but I'm sure they have high expectations for the rookie Tolbert.
Imo, he was ahead of Washington on the depth chart already

Plus, people are acting like Gallup is not even on the roster.
The guy will be back fairly early in the season

cowboyec

Reaction score
Common sense says, that’s who.
common sense says wait and see when the games start.
there is as much reason to think the young guys will play well as there is they won't.
we'll get the answers when the pre-season starts.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not sure about the other guys, but I'm sure they have high expectations for the rookie Tolbert.
Imo, he was ahead of Washington on the depth chart already

Plus, people are acting like Gallup is not even on the roster.
The guy will be back fairly early in the season
plus what we're hearing about tj vasher and dennis houston.

CWR

Reaction score
They might be, but it would be wise to sign a vet hedge. We've been here before...

cowboyec

Reaction score
Its been a while Amber since we talked. But this one made me chime in. You know what the team scouts are saying? You know what the insiders are saying about the coaches opinions? They are all saying they need help at WR and OT. That’s not just the opinion of fans or media. That’s the opinion of VERY SMART football people. We did this a few years ago, don’t you remember ? We tried the WR by committee approach. Then they traded for Amari and Dak was instantly better. C’mon man, you know this too. Don’t regress!!!
we didn't have a ceedee lamb.
we cut dez and had no one to take that spot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, to begin the season we will need at least 2 of them to be the answer. We will be starting the season with only Lamb having any real NFL track record. Brown is the next most experienced with a total of 39 receptions over 4 years.

Obviously somebody could step up, but only Tolbert was considered enough of a prospect coming out of college to really feel good about his chances