Who’s to say that Tolbert or Fehoko, Brown, Vasher or Turbin isn’t the answer?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
common sense says wait and see when the games start.
there is as much reason to think the young guys will play well as there is they won't.
we'll get the answers when the pre-season starts.
Common sense says you hedge your bets and not rely on rookies and USFA’s with little or no experience at one of the harder positions to play in the NFL.
Pre-season is no substitute for what they will face come September.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brown is what he is, he's had chances to contribute and hasn't earned more chances at wr...st yes but not wr.
Fehoko maybe makes a leap but last year in what 5 games I think he had 0 catches.....none of the coaches liked what they saw enough to push for more opportunities even though we had 1-2 starters dealing with injuries that hampered their performance.
Vasher I heard was making noise in camp but needs to do it in a preseason game.

The problem might be how many reps will Dak get this pre-season with some of these guys trying to step up.

ESisback

Reaction score
This time last year Ced Wilson had a career high of 189 yards receiving. Not in a game, in a season.
Dallas is bringing back Simi Fehoko and TJ Vasher who both have that same type collegiate career into developmental WR arc.

End of day WR is easiest spot to fill with a replacement level depth guy. Dallas will be fine at WR provided CeeDee is healthy.
The top 2 in targets will 100% be CeeDee then Dalton.
Fans are just not very smart and easily led astray by also not very smart folks with a platform.
It's Stephen A Smith level white noise.
Too many people get more enjoyment from stressing over possible doom, pointing to the 2018 “WR by committee” approach. IMHO, this year’s group has a much higher ceiling with better support around them.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Common sense says you hedge your bets and not rely on rookies and USFA’s with little or no experience at one of the harder positions to play in the NFL.
Pre-season is no substitute for what they will face come September.
everybody starts some where.

cowboyec

Reaction score
is this the part of the off-season when some forget they told us it was dumb to think about drafting a receiver with a premium pick?
never mind.
i know the answer...:thumbup:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Too many people get more enjoyment from stressing over possible doom, pointing to the 2018 “WR by committee” approach. IMHO, this year’s group has a much higher ceiling with better support around them.
Anyone equating Allen Hurns at WR1 to this group led by CeeDee is just not smart.

This WR corps is unproven but the Cowboys top 2 targets are very proven with CeeDee and Dalton.
They can add a WR all year long and at any point just as they did in 2018.

A ton of solid WRs will be on the street in 6-8 weeks.

Sydla

Reaction score
is this the part of the off-season when some forget they told us it was dumb to think about drafting a receiver with a premium pick?
never mind.

Yeah it would have been dumb to use a first round pick on a WR when they had a clear need at OG, for example.

Hence the problem with how the Cowboys utilize FA.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
never mind.
would have been dumb.
they proved that by getting tolbert in round 3. --the guy they say they would have drafted round 2.
and not even the dumbest cowboys fans are suggesting they'd be better off with tyler smith.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
would have been dumb.
they proved that by getting tolbert in round 3. --the guy they say they would have drafted round 2.
and not even the dumbest cowboys fans are suggesting they'd be better off with tyler smith.

What are you saying? They did draft Tyler Smith. And they are better off for it.

I think you mean without.