Who are the most overrated players on this team?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fat Toad;4062066 said:
Anthony Armstrong, WAS, 871 in 2010
Mike Williams, TB, 964 in 2010
Percy Harvin, MIN, 790 in 2009
Jeremy Maclin, PHI, 762 in 2009
Hakeem Nicks, NYG, 790 in 2009
Mike Wallace, PIT, 756 in 2009
DeSean Jackson, PHI, 920 in 2008
Eddie Royal, DEN, 980 in 2008
Dwayne Bowe, KC, 995 in 2007
Calvin Johnson, DET, 756 in 2007
Marques Colston, NO, 1038 in 1193
Keary Colbert, CAR, 754 in 2004
Lee Evans, BUF, 843 in 2004
Larry Fitzgerald, ARI, 780 in 2004
Roy Williams, DET, 817 in 2004
Anquan Boldin, ARI, 1377(!) in 2003
Andre Johnson, HOU, 976 in 2003
Chris Chambers, MIA, 883 in 2001

Colston is the most impressive. They barely passed the ball in 1193.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well, to me, young players are always usually overrated cause of one thing.....hope for the future. We can't over or underestimate young players cause really noone has a crystal ball, so noone really knows how good or bad they will be.

Older players, even including Ware, will get attacked at one time or another, just part of seeing them long enough to know their weaknesses. There isn't one vet on this team that hasn't been taken apart by posters on this site.

GermanCowboy62

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4063974 said:
Well, to me, young players are always usually overrated cause of one thing.....hope for the future. We can't over or underestimate young players cause really noone has a crystal ball, so noone really knows how good or bad they will be.

Older players, even including Ware, will get attacked at one time or another, just part of seeing them long enough to know their weaknesses. There isn't one vet on this team that hasn't been taken apart by posters on this site.

Good points. But I often see older players from "back when" looked at as untouchable, but usually it's just because we liked them and we forget the bad stuff. We tend to nitpick our current guys.

Hell, we are doing it now with Kickers. lol
Btw...can't believe I read all 11 pages of that thread.

Tricericon

Reaction score
Risen Star;4063968 said:
Colston is the most impressive. They barely passed the ball in 1193.

I know! It's almost like he was playing with 2006 rules, or something!

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
GermanCowboy62;4063984 said:
Good points. But I often see older players from "back when" looked at as untouchable, but usually it's just because we liked them and we forget the bad stuff. We tend to nitpick our current guys.

Hell, we are doing it now with Kickers. lol
Btw...can't believe I read all 11 pages of that thread.

:laugh2:

I stopped reading it, the star adds pressure, and any kicker here will feel it. I don't have to read 11 pages to know that.

Yeah and those older players weren't broken down every single day and every single move they made. Sports were more romantic then, now twitter tells us when their hand went numb for 4 mins.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Jay Ratliff: Always mediocre against the run but bad last year. He had compensated with good passrushing skills but that really fell off last year.

Hopefully he plays less snaps in the base defense this year and is more productive as a nickel rusher from DT.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Beuhler's strength.

Fans like to think he is the strongest kicker in the NFL, but just last night they showed the Giants punter Dodge and he looks like he could stand a chance against the Golden one in a fight.

GermanCowboy62

Reaction score
Muhast;4064091 said:
Beuhler's strength.

Fans like to think he is the strongest kicker in the NFL, but just last night they showed the Giants punter Dodge and he looks like he could stand a chance against the Golden one in a fight.

That just looks.....abnormal....

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
GermanCowboy62;4064094 said:
That just looks.....abnormal....

We better be careful or this may become a Buehler vs Dodge thread.

Dude is jacked for a punter lol

ShiningStar

Reaction score
TheRat;4061576 said:
Just off the top of my head: Scandrick, Sean Lee, Martellus Bennet, and I might even throw Josh Price-Brent in there.

Remember, to be overrated they have to be at best mediocre and hyped by the fan base.

doesnt this stuff get old? I mean we havent even seen these guys under the new leadership, at least let us lose a game before you rag on the team. :rolleyes:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Muhast;4064091 said:
Beuhler's strength.

Mcbriar, end of fight.

cnhnyy

Reaction score
It has to be Anthony Spencer. Peter King once rated him as one of the top five LBs and included him in his all-pro team. Well, he had 14 sacks in four years while playing along with D Ware.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Arik2;4064217 said:
Romo. For an elite QB, he sure throws alot of pics...just sayin
In 2009 (Romo's last full season) he ranked 27th in total interceptions and 5th in pass attempts.

Now can we dispense with this myth that Romo throws an inordinate amount of interceptions. It's not true, and frankly the people who make this claim are being intellectually lazy.

popp1234

Reaction score
TheRat;4064228 said:
In 2009 (Romo's last full season) he ranked 27th in total interceptions and 5th in pass attempts.

Now can we dispense with this myth that Romo throws an inordinate amount of interceptions. It's not true, and frankly the people who make this claim are being intellectually lazy.

Wow! Romo! Romo! Romo!

popp1234

Reaction score
Arik2;4064217 said:

Wow, and I thought I was the only one brave enough say that on this board. Well done! :starspin

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
popp1234;4064237 said:
Wow, and I thought I was the only one brave enough say that on this board. Well done! :starspin

Despite it being factually incorrect, but when has that ever stopped some fans.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;4064048 said:
Jay Ratliff: Always mediocre against the run but bad last year. He had compensated with good passrushing skills but that really fell off last year.

Hopefully he plays less snaps in the base defense this year and is more productive as a nickel rusher from DT.

This one, I agree with. Except the 'always mediocre against the run' part. But he did tail off quite a bit last year for one of the two core players on our team. He's in need of a resurgence.

Arik2;4064217 said:

popp1234;4064237 said:

Well done, on saying something demonstrably untrue. And also for the take that Romo-bashing is something new or brave to do on this board. We've never seen it.