WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More Cowboys Players of Interest

by Rafael Vela on Feb 21, 2009 6:00 PM CST 66 comments

More that Makes Me Go Hmmmmm...

Dallas has spoken to Penn. State WR Derrick Williams and to Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias the last couple of days. It's probably just due diligence -- you have the staff in Indy, so you need to do your homework and talk to all the prospects you like -- but I find it just a bit odd that Dallas is filling dossiers on two WRs rated in the 2nd round.

They Like You Zack, I Think They Do

The Cowboys are also looking at ILBs, including LSU's Darry Beckwith, an option in the early 3rd and Cal's Zach Follett, a mid-round prospect. Beckwith has also drawn interest from the Patriots, 49ers, Chargers and Seahawks. The first three run 34s like Dallas, so they must all feel that Beckwith, who lists at 232 lbs., can fill out and play inside.

There appears less consensus on Follett. He's been interviewed by Dallas, Green Bay, San Diego, Baltimore, Oakland, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Every one of these teams save the Bengals, run a 34. Follett is quoted at kffl.com that some teams told him he' too small to play their 34. Follett, who weighs 238 lbs., may indeed be too small to play outside in the scheme, but I wonder if he's being projected inside? I read reports during Senior Bowl week that Dallas watched Follett at Mobile. I doubt they're one of the teams telling Follett he's too small.

-- Add San Jose State DE prospect Jarron Gilbert to the players of interest list.

-- The Cowboys have also interviewed Maryland OG Jaimie Thomas, who currently projects into the later rounds.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OSU lineman Andy Levitre

The one test that got on my nerves a little was the test given by the New York Giants which consisted of 260, yes that is TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY questions plus another packet of 70 short answer questions after you finished that.

When I finished this I had the chance to speak with the offensive line coaches from both the Chicago Bears and the Dallas Cowboys for a little bit and talk about some football and draw up some more plays and explain the rules of the plays.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2009/02/andy_levitres_postcombine_diar.html

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
NFL | Freeman has talked to several teams
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:35:47 -0800

Ohio State LB Marcus Freeman said during his NFL Scouting Combine that among the teams he has talked to are the Cleveland Browns, the Dallas Cowboys, the Indianapolis Colts and the New York Jets.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2648751 said:
Is that some thing you need to pay for? It seems every thing I have clicked on is free.

I think that's a new development, since they hooked up with CBS Sportsline...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2649022 said:
I think that's a new development, since they hooked up with CBS Sportsline...

I think it's only for the Combine season

to give people a taste

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2649236 said:
I think it's only for the Combine season

to give people a taste

Well, it still annoys me, I paid them ten bucks right after the last draft, for a year's subscription... now folks are gettin' what I paid ten bucks for, free...

Grrrrrrrrr...

SDogo

Reaction score
Ceasaleo88;2648427 said:
I wonder y we aren't lookin at more Safeties. We can't be standing pat at this position, can we? Or r we going to look the Free Agent rout? Very interesting....

I was surprised not to see our name on the list for Rashad Johnson

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2650461 said:
sorry, we're drafting Ron Brace apparently
damn right! this will be on Bob's next edition of
gears.jpg

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2650476 said:
we have 2, 2nds?

Jerry should hire you, you're good

Oh you didn't know? We are moving back up for another 2nd rounder. sheeshh get with the program..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2650496 said:
Oh you didn't know? We are moving back up for another 2nd rounder. sheeshh get with the program..

Jerry moves fast, I just suggested that he hire you

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
gears.jpg

you know what really grinds my gears?

chubby chasers

I mean, what's the deal with guys tripping all over themselves to get a fat, NT? I mean, he's fat, and all he does is just sit there

thanks for tuning in

SDogo

Reaction score
NFL | Jean-Francois has talked to several teams
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:29:08 -0800

Louisiana State DL Ricky Jean-Francois said during his NFL Scouting Combine interview that among the teams he as talked with are the Baltimore Ravens, the Washington Commanders and the Dallas Cowboys.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Ricky Jean-Francois is very interesting. He missed 10 games due to academics, and he is still listed high or in the third round.

He's a one gap penetrator, and could be used like Jay Ratliff. He is versatile like Ratliff. Very interesting. He's a wildcard in this draft.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Griffons' Allen enjoys NFL audition
by R.J. Cooper
Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Roger Allen joined an elite group just by receiving an invitation to the NFL’s 2009 Combine and then stood alone when the Missouri Western guard didn’t participate in drills last weekend.

Allen was one of seven Division II players invited to Indianapolis and the only one who didn’t perform for the NFL’s coaches, general managers and scouts. The 6-foot-3 senior suffered a sports hernia in the Texas vs. the Nation all-star game Feb. 2, forcing Allen to undergo surgery Feb. 11 and sidelining him for six to eight weeks.

“It was only disappointed in the fact that I was really looking forward to participating in the combine and have all of my friends and family see me on the NFL Network,” Allen said Monday. “But besides that, I’m not really worried about it. I try not to worry about things I can’t control.”

Allen hopes to be ready for Missouri’s pro day in Columbia on March 19 and Missouri Western’s on April 2. In the meantime, Allen still made the trip to Indianapolis and interviewed with just about every NFL team. The Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys went a step further, inviting Allen to their suites for in-depth interviews with each team’s head coach, offensive-line coach, GM and scouts.

“(Carolina) coach Jeff Fox is a really nice guy. He is extremely personable and easygoing,” Allen said. “(The Cowboys) seem real professional and very easygoing. From what I got to know, they are all nice guys. I would like to play for any of them.”

Allen said his agents are hearing from teams that he could go anywhere between the fourth and sixth rounds of April’s draft. Allen, though, is taking a worst-case approach to the situation, expecting to be signed as a free agent after the draft. But Allen likely will determine his status at one of those pro days.

Allen, who at 326 pounds is one of the heavier O-linemen invited to the combine, ran a 5.3 40-yard dash last season and thinks he could’ve run it around 5.2 before the injury. Allen is aiming for a 5.1 next month, though a 5.2 still would’ve put him in the top 10 among O-linemen at the combine.

The Raytown, Mo., native feels especially confident about the 225-pound bench press. Allen believes he can do 33 reps with a goal of 35. Thirty-three would’ve tied him for fourth at the combine.

“That was the hardest thing to deal with is watching everybody go and know I could hang with every single one of them, especially in the bench press,” said Allen, who thinks he rates in the upper-half of guard prospects in each of the six combine drills. “I knew I could be in the top five. That was a hard pill to swallow. I just had to bide my time.

“I will try to get to 100 percent and blow every one away at the two pro days.”

Sports reporter R.J. Cooper can be

reached at rjcooper@npgco.com

http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2009/feb/24/griffons-allen-enjoys-nfl-audition/?sports

PuttinUp6

Reaction score
hey fellas.....another name for the list.....Cameron Luke, WR, Texas State....probably will be available in the later rounds?......ive watched the kid play quite a few times and he is LEGIT....6'3 211....has good game speed.....and catches EVERYTHING....i cant wait to see where this kid goes....:star:

SDogo

Reaction score
NFL | Phillips has talked with several teams
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:42:20 -0800

Texas Christian LB Jason Phillips said during his NFL Scouting Combine interview that among the teams he has talked with are the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Dallas Cowboys, the Arizona Cardinals, the Atlanta Falcons, the Oakland Raiders and the Carolina Panthers.