Who do the Cowboys like thread...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Cowboys have talked to any S or CB besides Sean Smith? I find tht odd that he's the only one..but I'm not complaining either..

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
From a premium section of a NFL Draft Website:

Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt spoke with the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, and Washington Commanders at the NFL Combine.

Fresno State QB Tom Brandstater met with the Cleveland Browns and Dallas Cowboys at the NFL Combine.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2653693 said:
Does anyone know if the Cowboys have talked to any S or CB besides Sean Smith? I find tht odd that he's the only one..but I'm not complaining either..
According to New Era Scouting these are all the players the Cowboys talk with at the Senior Bowl:

Dallas Cowboys
Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
John Phillips, TE, Virginia
Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama
Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan
Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina
Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
William Moore, FS, Missouri

SDogo

Reaction score
Updated List With Updated Projections:

Again, these projected rounds are the average projections and value boards of several draft web sites. not mine, so don't shoot the messenger.:eek::

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU (Late Rd 1 to Mid Rd 2)
Jarron Gilbert, DE/DT, San Jose St (Late Rd 1 to Early Rd 2)

Ron Brace, NT, Boston College (Rd 2)
Rick Jean-Francis, DT, LSU (Rd 4)

Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU (Rd 3)
Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU (Rd 4)

Cody Brown, OLB/DE, Connecticut (Rd 3)
Zack Follett, OLB, California (Rd 4)
Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio St (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)
Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia (Rd 2)

Cornelius Lewis, OT/OG, Tennessee St (Late Rd 5 to Early Rd 6)
Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)
Jaimie Thomas, OG, Maryland (Late Rd 4 to Early Rd 5)
Andy Levtire, OG, Oregon St (3rd Round)
Roger Allen, OG, Missouri Western St (Rd 7 to UDFA)

John Phillips, TE, Virginia (Mid Rd 5 to Mid Rd 6)

Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU (Rd 3)
Juaquin Iglesia, WR, Oklahoma (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)
Derrick Williams, WR, PSU (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)
Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice (Late Rd 3 to Early Rd 4)

Rudy Carpenter, QB, Arizona St (Rd 7 to UDFA)
Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St (Late Rd 3 to Early Rd 4)
Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech (Late Rd 6 to Early Rd 7)
Chase Holbrook, QB, New Mexico St (Rd 7 to UDFA)
Nate Davis, QB, Ball State (Rd 2)
Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno St (Late Rd 5 to Early Rd 6)

Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)
Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)
Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina (Late Rd 3 to Early Rd 4)
Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon (Rd 2)
William Moore, FS, Missouri (Late Rd 2 to Early Rd 3)

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2654506 said:
According to New Era Scouting these are all the players the Cowboys talk with at the Senior Bowl:

Dallas Cowboys
Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
John Phillips, TE, Virginia
Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama
Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan
Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina
Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
William Moore, FS, Missouri

Please Delmas or Smith in the 2nd..please no Chungy...please

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2656109 said:

Again, these projected rounds are the average projections and value boards of several draft web sites. not mine, so don't shoot the messenger.:eek::

Lot of safeties going in round 2......

If it means a 5th round pick to trade up 10-12 spots for Smith over Chung Id do it

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2656109 said:

Of these guys, I like:

Rashad Johnson
Darry Beckwith
Ricky Jean-Francois
Phil Loadholt
Demetrius Byrd

There are four players rated in the first four rounds that compare to Jay Ratliff. They are one gap penetrators and slashers, and they could be used in multiple d-line positions.

1. Peria Jerry
2. Evander Hood
3. Sen'Derrick Marks
4. Ricky Jean-Francois

Hood will be gone. I would wait for the fourth round and snag Jean-Francois. He would have a lot of value right there. I would take him with the first 4th rounder, so the Chargers don't take him.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Workout Notes: Northern Iowa defensive end Everette Pedescleaux will be running at the University of Minnesota's Pro Day on March 11th... Oregon defensive tackle RaShon Harris has set up a visit with the Dallas Cowboys and Maryland defensive end Jeremy Navarre will be working out with the Jacksonville Jaguars, April 15th, 2009... Underrated University of Buffalo offensive linemen Ray Norell measured in at 6' 5" and 306 pounds at the Bulls pro day (3/4). Results: 40 yard dash -- 5.03; 20 Time -- 2.85, Short Shuttle -- 4.53; vertical leap -- 26".

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2677170 said:
Workout Notes: Northern Iowa defensive end Everette Pedescleaux will be running at the University of Minnesota's Pro Day on March 11th... Oregon defensive tackle RaShon Harris has set up a visit with the Dallas Cowboys and Maryland defensive end Jeremy Navarre will be working out with the Jacksonville Jaguars, April 15th, 2009... Underrated University of Buffalo offensive linemen Ray Norell measured in at 6' 5" and 306 pounds at the Bulls pro day (3/4). Results: 40 yard dash -- 5.03; 20 Time -- 2.85, Short Shuttle -- 4.53; vertical leap -- 26".

Harris, eh??

Interesting...

SDogo

Reaction score
silverbear;2677189 said:
Harris, eh??

Interesting...

The guy in that article I would love Dallas to be looking at is Everette Pedescleaux

6'6" 305

Originally committed to playing Basketball, great athlete.

silverbear

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2677214 said:
The guy in that article I would love Dallas to be looking at is Everette Pedescleaux

6'6" 305

Originally committed to playing Basketball, great athlete.

He's shooting up the charts right now... three weeks ago, most folks graded him as a likely undrafted rookie free agent, now I've seen him going as high as the 5th round...

But he's a 3-4 DE, the Boys really need a true NT...

SDogo

Reaction score
silverbear;2677231 said:
He's shooting up the charts right now... three weeks ago, most folks graded him as a likely undrafted rookie free agent, now I've seen him going as high as the 5th round...

But he's a 3-4 DE, the Boys really need a true NT...

Oh, I understand the need for DE is much less right now but he's one of those guys (as long as he does not move up much further) you like to see your team take a flyer on. I doubt he would survive on the practice squad so if he had anything you would need to find room on the roster but I think he has a load of untapped potential. Much like Hatcher but with a later pick much less of a risk.

silverbear

Reaction score
OK, time to update the list, with all of the most current info I have...

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU... 6-4, 295 pounds... 4.95 second 40... likely 1st rounder...

Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia... 6-3, 255 pounds... 4.75 second 40... early to mid second rounder...

Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
... 6-0, 200 pounds... 4.5 second 40... mid second rounder...

Patrick Chung, S, Oregon... 5-11, 210 pounds... 4.5 second 40... mid to late second rounder...

Ron Brace, NT, Boston College... 6-3. 330 pounds... 5.45 second 40... mid to late second rounder...

Sean Smith, S/CB, Utah... 6-4, 215 pounds... 4.45 second 40... mid to late second rounder...

William Moore, S, Missouri... 6-0, 220 pounds... 4.5 second 40... mid to late second rounder...

Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma
... 6-1, 210 pounds... 4.45 second 40... late second rounder...

Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU... 6-1, 240 pounds... 4.75 second 40... late second/early third rounder...

Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State... 6-5, 286 pounds... 4.8 second 40... late second/early third rounder...

Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio State
... 6-1, 240 pounds... 4.65 second 40... late second/early third rounder...

Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma... 6-8, 330 pounds... 5.45 second 40... late second/early third rounder...

Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama... 5-11, 205 pounds... 4.5 second 40... mid to late third rounder...

Andy Levitre, C/OG, Oregon State... 6-3, 305 pounds... 5.3 second 40... mid to late third rounder...

Derrick Williams, WR/KR, Penn State... 6-0, 195 pounds... 4.65 second 40... late third rounder...

Nate Davis, QB, Ball State... 6-2, 225 pounds... 4.95 second 40... late third rounder...

Cody Brown, OLB, Connecticut... 6-2, 245 pounds... 4.75 second 40... late third rounder...

Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State... 6-2, 225 pounds... 4.7 second 40... late third/early fourth round...

Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice... 5-10, 190 pounds... 4.5 second 40... early to mid fourth rounder...

Ricky Jean Francois, DE, LSU
... 6-3, 295 pounds... 4.85 second 40... mid to late fourth rounder...

Emmanuel Cook, S, South Carolina... 5-10, 195 pounds... 4.6 second 40... late fourth rounder...

Zack Follett, OLB, California... 6-2, 235 pounds... 4.65 second 40... late fourth/early fifth rounder...

Jaimie Thomas, OG, Maryland... 6-4, 325 pounds... 5.3 second 40... early to mid fifth rounder...

Cornelius Lewis, OG/OT, Tennessee State... 6-4, 330 pounds... 5.25 second 40... late fifth/early sixth rounder...

Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State... 6-5, 220 pounds... 4.85 second 40... late fifth/early sixth rounder...

Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU... 6-1, 240 pounds... 4.6 second 40... late fifth/early sixth rounder...

Jason Williams, LB, Western Illinois... 6-1, 240 pounds... 4.5 second 40... late fifth/early sixth rounder...

John Phillips, TE, Virginia... 6-6, 250 pounds... 4.8 second 40... late sixth/early seventh rounder...

RaShon Harris, NT, Oregon... 6-4, 300 pounds... 5.0 second 40... seventh rounder...

Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU... 6-0, 200 pounds... 5.0 second 40... mid to late seventh rounder...

Roger Allen, OG, Missouri Western... 6-3, 325 pounds... 5.4 second 40 (est.)... late seventh rounder/ undrafted rookie free agent...

Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech... 6-2, 225 pounds... 5.05 second 40... late seventh rounder/ undrafted rookie free agent...

Rudy Carpenter, QB, Arizona State... 6-2, 225 pounds... 4.85 second 40 (est.)... late seventh rounder/ undrafted rookie free agent...

Chase Holbrook, QB, New Mexico State... 6-5, 240 pounds... 5.1 second 40... undrafted rookie free agent...

So, there's 34 players that I've learned the Cowboys have demonstrated some level of interest in... I'm sure there are others, we just haven't learned about them... FWIW, the 9 players in blue fonts are some of my "pet cats" in this draft... I'd be quite happy if the Boys were able to land William Moore or Sean Smith in the 2nd, trade the 3rd and the second 4th rounder to move up to get Darry Beckwith, use the remaining 4th rounder on Jarett Dillard, then both 5ths on Cornelius Lewis and Jason Williams (or Jason Phillips)... I'd consider that a very good draft, no matter what we did in the late rounds (I'd expect a QB would be added then)...

jday

Reaction score
I am extremely suprised that we are not looking at CB! It seems to me, with this current roster, CB could be our biggest need. Just my opinion, though.

Woods

Reaction score
jday;2686388 said:
I am extremely suprised that we are not looking at CB! It seems to me, with this current roster, CB could be our biggest need. Just my opinion, though.

And we've only looked at 1 NT (or so we've heard, at least).

I think NT is a must this off-season.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
jday;2686388 said:

You think that CB is our biggest need?

We have one pro-bowl talent. We have last year's first rounder that, while having had an up and down year last year, has shown flashes of being a very capable starter. Scandrick, whom half of Cowboy fandom is absolutely in love with, and was a good player last year. Ball, whom most of our scouts have said has all of the tools to be a starter in the league....

I don't think CB is our most pressing need whatsoever.

Having said that, CB is a position you look at EVERY year, regardless if your roster is deep there.

JMO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2686987 said:
Would he be ILB or OLB? The way he plays is better at OLB in a 3-4

he runs around blocks, is a sideline-to-sideline player, and is great in coverage

I think he would be a WILB

by chance a position we could use

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2686999 said:
he runs around blocks, is a sideline-to-sideline player, and is great in coverage

I think he would be a WILB

by chance a position we could use

I like Freeman too, but not that much more than Phillips or even Williams. Freeman will need to be taken higher than both those guys (Phillips, injury & Williams, small school). Not a value pick.

Could wait until the 4th, maybe even the 5th, and still get a comparable/maybe better player.