Who do the Cowboys like thread...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
NFC East

Dallas Cowboys

Defense

LB – Jason Williams (West Illinois) - Private workout, Mid-April
S – Louis Delmas (Westen Michigan) - Visit Scheduled (Scout.com)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
A A A A A

NFL Draft: Vaughn on Raiders, Bills Radar

Chip Vaughn (Wake Forest Athletics) By Ed Thompson
Scout.com Senior NFL Analyst
Posted Mar 28, 2009

Scout.com's Ed Thompson has the latest scoop on the Raiders and the Bills interest in Wake Forest safety Chip Vaughn.

Wake Forest safety Chip Vaughn has told Scout.com that he recently completed a visit with the Buffalo Bills and that he has a personal workout scheduled with the Oakland Raiders this week. Vaughn has already worked out for the New England Patriots.

The 6-foot-1, 221-pound defender has legitimate 4.4-second speed and was one of the top performers in the 40-yard dash and 20-yard shuttle at the Combine. He finished the 2007 season as the Deacons' leading tackler, and followed that up his senior year by posting the third-best total on the team with 87 stops. He also logged 2.5 tackles for a loss, picked off a pair of passes and recovered two fumbles during his final season at Wake Forest.

Vaughn shares the credit for his success with the coaches at Wake Forest, who put him in a defense that counts on the safety to make a lot of plays and to be a leader.

"Our system is kind of built around the safety because we do make all the calls and checks in the defense," he explained. "So really, it's the responsibility of the safety to put himself and the team in the best possible situation.

"We played a variety of coverage: Cover-2, Man-Free, Quarters Defense, Tampa-2, Cover-3, a lot of zone-blitz looks. We actually ran a mixture of what the Colts, the Steelers, and the Bears run."

Vaughn previously told Scout.com that at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, the Dallas Cowboys, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots and the San Francisco 49ers were just a few of the teams that requested a formal interview with him.

Read more about him through the links on his Scout.com profile page.

For more team coverage of the Bills and the Raiders, visit BuffaloFootballReport.com and SilverandBlackIllustrated.com.

A member of the Pro Football Writers of America, Ed Thompson's player interviews and NFL features are published across the Scout.com network and at FOXSports.com. You can follow him on Twitter for NFL updates and insights. And you can contact him by email through this link.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I want to thank all of you who have contributed info on this thread... there are some players on my list now that I wouldn't have known the Cowboys liked but for y'all...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
your welcome silver bear, here is one more name to add to your list if not on it already

Cowboys | Showed interest in Skuta at his Pro Day
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:47:38 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys showed heavy interest in Grand Valley State DL Dan Skuta at his Pro Day.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The Cowboys are setting up visits with defensive backs; CB Greg Toler from tiny St. Paul's.

The Dallas Cowboys are in the process of setting up a visit for Toler, a Division II star with 4.37 speed in the 40-yard dash who intercepted 14 career passes.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
here is some more on toler

Sports

Ravens keep eye on Toler

By Aaron Wilson, Times Staff Writer Sunday, March 29, 2009

OWINGS MILLS — The Baltimore Ravens are taking a look at small-school cornerback Greg Toler, an emerging NFL draft sleeper from tiny St. Paul’s College in rural Virginia.

A Washington, D.C., native, Toler is working out for the Ravens on Monday at Woodrow Wilson High. The New York Jets are also scheduled to work out Toler on Monday.

The Division II star had private workouts this past week for the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins.

Described as this year’s Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, the Arizona Cardinals cornerback drafted in the first round a year ago out of Tennessee State, Toler has designs on being selected somewhere between the second and the fourth round in next month’s NFL draft.

“I’m taking that small-school route and, hopefully, I’ll get the chance to prove that football is football on any level,” Toler said in a telephone interview. “Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie took this route to the NFL, and I’m looking to do the same thing. All I want is a good shot.

“If I had gone to a bigger school, I might have gotten complacent. From where I’m coming from, I treasure this a lot more. I don’t complain about anything, and I just appreciate the opportunity. This is my dream.”

According to NFL.com, Toler has been projected as a mid-round to late-round draft pick.

Toler said he has upcoming visits with the Washington Commanders, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Browns, Green Bay Packers, Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Dallas Cowboys are also scheduled to work out Toler at some point.

“Greg is definitely an exceptional athlete, don’t let the school fool you,” said St Paul’s defensive coordinator and secondary coach Kevin Grisby, who played for the Philadelphia Eagles. “If he had gone to a Division I school, he would have started and been a top draft pick. We were fortunate to have him. He made me sleep good at night.

College Football TalkLive BlogsFantasy MillPic of the DayTurd Watch

Police BlotterStandingsTeams

AFC Teams
BaltimoreBuffaloCincinnatiClevelandDenverHoustonIndianapolisJacksonvilleKansas CityMiamiNew EnglandNY JetsOaklandPittsburghSan DiegoTennesseeNFC Teams
ArizonaAtlantaCarolinaChicagoDallasDetroitGreen BayMinnesotaNew OrleansNY GiantsPhiladelphiaSt. LouisSan FranciscoSeattleTampa BayWashingtonDraft

Draft Order ChartDraft Trade ChartPFT GearEvents

Radio ScheduleMedia

College Football TalkPFTV SegmentsPodcastsAbout

ContactFeedsAdvertisingPrivacy Policy

Send Scoop
.Give Us Feedback
.PFT Mobile
.Login / Register
.Layout: . Default
Font Size: AAA.08.St. Paul’s Toler Is An NFL Sleeper
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 27, 2009, 1:36 p.m. EDT
St. Paul’s (Va.) cornerback Greg Toler is making his bid to emerge as this year’s Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, and has been drawing increased interest from NFL teams.

Toler had private workouts this week with the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins this week.

Toler told us in a telephone interview that he has upcoming visits with the Washington Commanders, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

“I’m hoping to get that chance to prove myself,” Toler said. “Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie took the small-school route, and I’m looking to do the same thing. If I had gone to a bigger school, I might have gotten complacent.

“From where I’m coming from, I treasure this a lot more. I don’t complain about anything, and I just appreciate the opportunity. This is my dream.”

According to NFL.com, Toler has been projected as a mid-round to late-round draft pick. He’s hoping to go as high as the second or third round.

Listed at 5-foot-11, 191 pounds, Toler has run a hand-timed 4.35 in the 40-yard dash. He intercepted 14 career passes at St. Paul’s.

Toler had academic problems coming out of high school in the Washington D.C. area. Now, he’s six credits shy of earning a degree.

“I didn’t take my classes very seriously at that time,” Toler said. “I was working at a JC Penney. I couldn’t see myself doing that for my life, so I was blessed to go to St. Paul’s. I don’t have any regrets. It’s a small, isolated school where you can concentrate on academics and football.

“The strength of my game is that I’m a cover cornerback. I’ll come up and tackle, too. I want to be one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL one day. I grew up watching Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders, and those are my favorite cornerbacks.”

Gregory Toler, DS #44 CB, St Pauls

Name: Gregory Toler
College: St Pauls Number: 8
Height: 5-11 Weight: 185
Position: CB Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2009
40 Time: 4.52 40 Low: 4.43 40 High: 4.62
Projected Round: Stock:
Rated number 44 out of 229 CB's 455 / 2553 TOTAL

Combine Results Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Height: 5112
Weight: 185
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Dates:
Height: 5112
Weight: 185
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Draft Scout Snapshot: 2009 Cactus All-Star Bowl invite...2008 East Coast All-Star Bowl invite.
Draft Scout Gregory Toler News
03/29/09 - The Baltimore Ravens are taking a look at small-school cornerback Greg Toler, an emerging NFL draft sleeper from tiny St. Paul's College in rural Virginia. A Washington, D.C., native, Toler is working out for the Ravens tomorrow at Woodrow Wilson High. The New York Jets are also scheduled to work out Toler tomororw. The Division II star had private workouts this past week for the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins. Described as this year's Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, the Arizona Cardinals cornerback drafted in the first round a year ago out of Tennessee State, Toler has designs on being selected somewhere between the second and the fourth round in next month's NFL draft. "I'm taking that small-school route and, hopefully, I'll get the chance to prove that football is football on any level," Toler said in a telephone interview. "Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie took this route to the NFL, and I'm looking to do the same th ing. All I want is a good shot. "If I had gone to a bigger school, I might have gotten complacent. From where I'm coming from, I treasure this a lot more. I don't complain about anything, and I just appreciate the opportunity. This is my dream." According to NFL.com, Toler has been projected as a mid-round to late-round draft pick. - Aaron Wilson, Landmark News

07/29/08 - 2008 All-CIAA Preseason Football Team: DB Greg Toler, Saint Paul's College, SR - Saint Paul's College CB Greg Toler has been selected Preseason Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association for the 2008 college football season. - CIAA Football

Full Gregory Toler News Wire

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Two players who boosted their stock during Wednesday’s workouts were defensive tackle Roy Miller and defensive end Henry Melton.

The 6-foot-1 Miller, who played at 290 pounds last season, weighed in at 313 for NFL scouts. But he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.8 seconds, faster than the 4.98 and 5.09 times he ran at the combine.

"I’ve gained 23 pounds and ... showed that I can still be athletic at 313 [pounds]. I think that’s pretty good," said Miller, who was downgraded at the combine for a lack of bulk. During the interim, Miller said he’s been working out while ingesting 4,800 calories per day.

A Killeen native, Miller said he has received significant attention from Dallas Cowboys scouts and would welcome the chance to play in his home state.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
NFL | Lang scheduled to visit seven teams
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:40:00 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Eastern Michigan OT T.J. Lang is scheduled to visit with the Atlanta Falcons, the Baltimore Ravens, the Chicago Bears, the Dallas Cowboys, the Green Bay Packers, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the San Diego Chargers.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL Draft Update: WR Derrick Williams

ColtPower.com - ‎1 hour ago‎

... a few of the teams who requested formal interviews with him were the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts and the Oakland Raiders. ...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2709651 said:
NFL Draft Update: WR Derrick Williams

ColtPower.com - ‎1 hour ago‎

... a few of the teams who requested formal interviews with him were the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts and the Oakland Raiders. ...

Dallas seems to be taking every opportunity to meet with Williams.

It just seems if Williams is there, Dallas is right there with him.

If he last till #69 I don't think I would have a problem with that pick.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ex-Kent State quarterback/athlete Julian Edelman being looked at by Miami and Dallas. Meanwhile, K.S.U. prospects Rico Murray and Derek Burrell grabbed the attention of scouts, as The NFL Network asks for their photos and bios.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
USC DT Fili Moala told Scout.com that he plans to do a full workout at the school's Pro Day on April 1. The 6-foot-4, 305-pound lineman also said that the Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers, Cardinals, Broncos, Saints, Giants, Cowboys, Browns and Colts were among the teams that he had formal interviews with at the NFL Scouting Combine. So far, he's getting plenty of interest as a DT from teams that run a 4-3 defense and as a DE from teams that primarily use a 3-4 alignment. One of the teams he's already visited is the Buffalo Bills.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Sidbury In Demand
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 31, 2009, 12:09 p.m.
University of Richmond defensive end/outside linebacker Lawrence Sidbury drew a big NFL crowd to his campus Pro Day workout with 31 NFL teams in attendance, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com.

That included Carolina Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney as well as the Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins’ linebackers coaches as Baltimore Ravens linebackers coach Vic Fangio oversaw the workout drills.

At 6-foot-2, 265 pounds, Sidbury is regarded as a strong pass rushing candidate. He has visited the Buffalo Bills and has schedule visits with the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans and St. Louis Rams.

Sidbury ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine, bench pressing 225 pounds 28 times and turned in a 35-inch vertical leap.

Last season, Sidbury posted 7 1/2 sacks. His workout numbers are superior to his production at this point, but NFL teams are enamored of Sidbury’s potential.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Mohamed Massaquoi (WR Georgia) is coming to Dallas according to NFLDraftScout.com

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
51 G D Robinson or NT Brace

69 OT/G Fenuki Tupou, Oregon or NT Chris Baker Hampton

101 CB Mike Mickens Cincinnati

117 OLB Jason Williams Western Illinois

156 WR Brandon Tate, North Carolina

172 ISLB Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic

197 ISLB Josh Mauga, Nevada

208 FS C.J. Spillman Marshall

210 C Dallas Reynolds, BYU