Who Do You Take? Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant

Doomsday101

Reaction score
realtick;3702666 said:
Just for fun, but who do you take if you had the choice of making Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson your team's No. 1 receiver?

We all know how great Dez has been in the short amount of time he's been here.

Don't sleep on Calvin Johnson though. His exploits don't get shown too much because he plays in Detroit and has been teamed with horrid QB's most of his brief career (things may change with Stafford).

Your thoughts?

Calvin is great and Det is lucky to have him. Dez is great Cowboys are lucky to have him. :D

NeOnDeioN

Benched
Reaction score
Mike Williams (USC)

Reggie Williams (Washington)

Charles Rogers (Michigan State)

Roy E. Williams (Texas)

I followed all these wide recievers coming out of college and thought atleast one of them would become a stud, none of them have really produced....

rogers due to injury legal ****.

Reggie because im still trying to figure out, probably cause he couldnt get off the line fast enough..

Mike is just getting back into the swing of stuff because he couldnt stay away from a twinkie

Roy is Roy he is what he is best of the 4...

coming out of school in to there rookie season they all looked great, size/speed/hands

i like dez but any of this stuff can happen to him at anytime...

calvin is a freak like vernon davis is a freak physical size wise..

i would take calvin

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
NeOnDeioN;3702764 said:
Mike Williams (USC)

Roy E. Williams (Texas)

I followed all these wide recievers coming out of college and thought atleast one of them would become a stud, none of them have really produced....

Reggie because im still trying to figure out, probably cause he couldnt get off the line fast enough..

Mike is just getting back into the swing of stuff because he couldnt stay away from a twinkie

coming out of school in to there rookie season they all looked great, size/speed/hands

i would take calvin

None of those WR's produced right away like Dez has. The one thing about Dez to keep in mind is that he really only played 1 full year of college football. The sky is truly the limit for him.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
NeOnDeioN;3702764 said:
Mike Williams (USC)

Roy E. Williams (Texas)

i would take calvin

For those too young to remember Charles Rodgers at Michigan St., Charles Rodgers was A.J. Green before A.J. Green was A.J. Green.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
I'd take Dez because I'm an unabashed homer.

I'd take Dez over any other receiver in the league.

Total package, and a humble, hungry kid to boot.

NeOnDeioN

Benched
Reaction score
larry fitzgerald is way better than him and miles

i love dez and miles but fitz is better

chuffly

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3702722 said:
lol.

Only on CZ.

Perhaps not only on CZ though. I recall reading a Detroit message board earlier in the season where Lions fans were in a panic trying to figure out ways they could trade him to salvage some value. Apparently he had been bitten by the "loser" bug back then or somesuch.

NeOnDeioN

Benched
Reaction score
chuffly;3702792 said:
Perhaps not only on CZ though. I recall reading a Detroit message board earlier in the season where Lions fans were in a panic trying to figure out ways they could trade him to salvage some value. Apparently he had been bitten by the "loser" bug back then or somesuch.

larry fitzgerald

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Joshmvii;3702732 said:
What do you mean 88 v 3.0? I think you're forgetting about some beasts by the names of Antonio Bryant and Brett Pierce. :lmao:
Damn, how could I forget those studs?! :laugh2:

NeOnDeioN

Benched
Reaction score
ya antonio bryant 88

dez bryant 88 same size weight.. big expectations coming out

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3702671 said:
It's not even close, Dez.

And I mean that being objective as possible. Dez has far better hands and gets far better separation. I'd easily take Miles over CJ as well. I like CJ, but he's a bit overrated IMO. He struggles to get separation and doesn't make as many tough catches like he should. Dez, Hakeem Nicks and Miles....I think are just about as good as it gets for me.

YR

OMG... homer

baj1dallas

Reaction score
realtick;3702703 said:
A better way to emphasize your point is to ask if anyone knows who plays opposite of Calvin Johnson as the No. 2 WR for the Lions?

The great Nate Burleson! He's going to put up some Mike Furrey like numbers, just watch!

NeOnDeioN

Benched
Reaction score
keep in mind the wr position has more busts in the last 7 years than any other position

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
bracey;3702699 said:
I'd take Calvin right now. Dez's future ceiling is probably higher though.
Totally agree. Let's not forget that Dez is only 21 as a rookie, that's a huge advantage.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And I mean that being objective as possible. Dez has far better hands and gets far better separation. I'd easily take Miles over CJ as well. I like CJ, but he's a bit overrated IMO. He struggles to get separation and doesn't make as many tough catches like he should. Dez, Hakeem Nicks and Miles....I think are just about as good as it gets for me.
YR

Put the pipe down.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score

YR
:laugh2: CJ is a freak of nature. I love Dez and there are few young players I'd choose over him, but c'mon.

I'd wager if you polled GMs around the league and told them they could have any young WR they wanted, CJ would win in a landslide.