CZ POLL Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020? **merged**

Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinstonSalemCowboy

Reaction score
Any college coach needs to understand the coach/player dynamic in the pros. You don't control pro players, like you can college players. Saban learned that, the hard way, and he made his way back to the college ranks, because he demands control of players and the program. And let's be honest. The only reason that Garrett has survived, as long as he has, is because Jerry can control him. So, what coach can motivate the guys to perform to or beyond expectations, while successfully navigating Jerry's involvement?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Until a Head Coach is given full authority to run a Football Team in the Cowboys Organization, it won't matter who is hired or fired. The way we do it here in Dallas, no other successful organization in Football is run in this fashion. Until that changes, nothing will change IMO, no matter who is hired.

WinstonSalemCowboy

Reaction score
Any college coach needs to understand the coach/player dynamic in the pros. You don't control pro players, like you can college players. Saban learned that, the hard way, and he made his way back to the college ranks, because he demands control of players and the program. And let's be honest. The only reason that Garrett has survived, as long as he has, is because Jerry can control him. So, what coach can motivate the guys to perform to or beyond expectations, while successfully navigating Jerry's involvement?
Until a Head Coach is given full authority to run a Football Team in the Cowboys Organization, it won't matter who is hired or fired. The way we do it here in Dallas, no other successful organization in Football is run in this fashion. Until that changes, nothing will change IMO, no matter who is hired.

+1

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just say no to a college coach. And McDaniels is a tube steak. Go for the best DC in the NFL.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Yep, unfortunately it is what it is.

blur2122

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'm holding out hope for Belichick. It seems impossible, but so did all of those Parcells rumors.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
This is the Dallas freakin Cowboys. If we aren't pulling out the stops for the best possible, then we will likely stay stuck in this good but not great quagmire.

The short list should include Belichick, Saban, Swinney and Meyer. Pull out the stops and the checkbook and do whatever is necessary.

You want guys who know what it takes to win at an uncommon level. I'm tired of watching an out-coached team most Sundays.

Gaede

Reaction score
Petersen just quit. Wonder if he's a legit option now.

CWR

Reaction score
Im going with Urban, but Id be thrilled with Lincoln Riley. Im also open to a pro coach as long as its not some recycled multiple time loser. I get really tired of the way the league passes around unimpressive coaches like some kind of good old boy club.

plasticman

Reaction score
It doesn't matter.

The Cowboys need a GM with a coherent plan.

The Cowboys need for Jerry Jones not to be the GM. Read into that whatever you wish.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think in NFL circles, the hottest name out there is Greg Roman

Any takers?

WinstonSalemCowboy

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'm holding out hope for Belichick. It seems impossible, but so did all of those Parcells rumors.
Even with the recent "down slide" in NE (if you can call two losses a down slide), and the eventual retirement of TB12, I don't see Belichick leaving NE to come to Dallas or anywhere else, for that matter. When the handwriting is on the wall, Bill will walk away and retire. He has nothing to prove. His legacy is cemented in the multiple Lombardi trophies that his leadership has brought to NE. But for the sake of argument, even if he would consider the job, do you think that Robert Kraft would let that happen??? He'd basically hand Bill a blank check to stay.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry's hand doesn't cramp when signing checks .

Kellen Moore will be a rich man , soon enough .

Status
Not open for further replies.