CZ POLL Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020? **merged**

Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blur2122

Reaction score
Even with the recent "down slide" in NE (if you can call two losses a down slide), and the eventual retirement of TB12, I don't see Belichick leaving NE to come to Dallas or anywhere else, for that matter. When the handwriting is on the wall, Bill will walk away and retire. He has nothing to prove. His legacy is cemented in the multiple Lombardi trophies that his leadership has brought to NE. But for the sake of argument, even if he would consider the job, do you think that Robert Kraft would let that happen??? He'd basically hand Bill a blank check to stay.

Your logic makes perfect sense. It's certainly a long shot. But I've learned never to think that I know exactly what's going on in another person's head. Logically, Belichick should feel just like you stated, but that doesn't mean that he does.

Maybe there's a world where he sees the gravy train with Brady ending, he's had enough of Kraft, and he wants to prove himself outside of the NE cocoon. End the argument that Brady carried him, not the other way around. Maybe even be the guy to do what the other Bill couldn't. And he'd have a talented roster that we all know has been hampered by inferior coaching.

In other words, you're more than likely right. But who knows?

Zordon

Reaction score
I voted for Lincoln Riley because I think he's next level offensive innovation-wise.

I also very much like the idea of Urban Meyer. I think he runs the perfect offensive scheme for Dak (Dak's coach at Miss. St was Dan Mullen, Mullen was a longtime Meyer assistant). I think these players will love playing for him and he'll have great insight with the draft. I also think he'll land us some free agents (there are a lot of Ohio State players in the league). Last, I think he's the perfect person for the Cowboys unique situation. Enough of a name to have sway but no NFL experience so he can't lock Jerry out of the locker room. The health thing is a concern but NFL coaches don't work as many days per year as big time college coaches.

My ideal staff would be:
HC: Urban Meyer
OC: Joe Brady
DC: Gus Bradley
Any idea if Gus has a relationship with Urban?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Urban Meyer has quit on 2 championship teams,he is not the a stable option.

WinstonSalemCowboy

Reaction score
Your logic makes perfect sense. It's certainly a long shot. But I've learned never to think that I know exactly what's going on in another person's head. Logically, Belichick should feel just like you stated, but that doesn't mean that he does.

Maybe there's a world where he sees the gravy train with Brady ending, he's had enough of Kraft, and he wants to prove himself outside of the NE cocoon. End the argument that Brady carried him, not the other way around. Maybe even be the guy to do what the other Bill couldn't. And he'd have a talented roster that we all know has been hampered by inferior coaching.

In other words, you're more than likely right. But who knows?

Stranger things have happened. The Panthers just dumped Rivera, down the road in Charlotte. I wonder if he'd be a candidate?

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
So, I am by no means advocating keeping Garrett , however for years we have all said he has to prove himself beyond getting the team to 13-3 as in 2016 etc .. he has to get a deep playoff run at least championship game / super bowl ?
So Garrett isn’t resigned as expected at end of season and we get one of the top tier coaches everyone is clambering for ..

What are the immediate expectations of a whole new coaching staff ?? Deep playoff run ? Super Bowl or it’s considered a failure ?

just curious what everyone expects

Status
Not open for further replies.