CZ POLL Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020? **merged**

Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Well Jimmy Johnson was unproven aswell...Harbaugh had the#1 Defense in San Fran lol

San Fran had a top Defense the year they went to SB ..Harbaugh isnt a winner...He rubs players the wrong way....Lincoln has had 2 Heisman QBs in a row He develops QBs, hes a run 1st coach and has a great system...Im.not sure but Dallas probably would be better suited w a great Defensive type coach ...Mike Tomlin might be our best option if hes fired...Belichek if Kraft insists on keeping Brady or Peyton if Brees retires ...but being a Michigan fan Harbaugh is disappointing

Riley “might” be a successful NFL head coach but we know Harbaugh has already been a good one. And you can’t discredit Harbaugh for having the #1 defense when he’s the head coach as it’s his defense, his players, his coaches. Wish we had an actual defense that made plays and took the ball away when
we needed it most. But I’d be fine if Riley is the choice. Peyton isn’t coming here. And for some reason my gut tells me it’s going to be Meyer and he might be a great choice given our circumstances but not sure he’d be here long term. I’ll just be glad it won’t be Garrett any longer. This season can’t end soon enough.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Kevin Stefanski has been part of the Vikings since 06

He was assistant QB coach in 09 when Brett Favre had one of his best careers
Helped in Rudolph's development in 2014 and 2015 when he was the TE coach
Was QB coach in 2017-2018 and had Keenum playing at a high level
Took over as offensive coordinator this year and has helped the Vikings offense take the next step and Keenum play at a high level, along with Cook and the WRs all ballin'.

IF we go younger, and if we choose to keep Dak or go with a rookie QB, this is the guy I want as HC.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't see any votes for Jason Garrett. C'mon, where's the love? There's always one person screaming "We're all gonna die" as he runs straight into the crossfire.

5 votes so far by fans who don't give a crap about winning. That's a troll vote right there just to stir the pot!!

Flamma

Reaction score
5 votes so far by fans who don't give a crap about winning. That's a troll vote right there just to stir the pot!!

No. I believe they actually like the coach. I'm not going to give them any troll credits here. Stand by your vote.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I do like Rhule a lot. Petersen too, but I don't see him leaving the college game. Riley is intriguing, but to be honest ol' Bob Stoops is the only OU guy I'd trust. Really like Mike Norvell and Pat Fitzgerald for what they accomplish with less. Maybe one of the few who think Tom Herman would be a good fit. Neutral on Meyer, deeply opposed to McDaniels

ksadler1

Reaction score
I voted for Urban Meyer but l also have major concerns with his health. He had surgery in 2014 to alleviate pain from a cyst in his head and l thought l also read somewhere about a heart issue. Maybe one of you guys know more...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I sort of want to see Jerry make himself the coach. Honestly, it'd make for one heck of an entertaining season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Certainly not anyone currently on staff. Probably not any current NFL head coach that would be available.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Tom Herman,Texas
Bryan Harsen,Boise St
Bryan Kelly,Notre Dame
Les Miles,Ku
Kirby Smart,Georgia

some other coaches I like who don't get mentioned alot.

my preference is still 1 of the 5:
☆Belichick
☆Meyer
☆Saban
☆Stoops
☆Riley

cowboyec

Reaction score
I voted for Urban Meyer but l also have major concerns with his health. He had surgery in 2014 to alleviate pain from a cyst in his head and l thought l also read somewhere about a heart issue. Maybe one of you guys know more...
the heart issue was why he left Florida...I think.
then when he went to Ohio St....he had a clean bill of health...heart checked out fine.
I think stress had alot to do with why he left Ohio St.
the NFL is stressful....but you dont have to worry about dads,kids,boosters,alumni,transfers,recruiting,etc...it will depend on a.)his family and b.)if he feels he can work with Jerry.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I do like Rhule a lot. Petersen too, but I don't see him leaving the college game. Riley is intriguing, but to be honest ol' Bob Stoops is the only OU guy I'd trust. Really like Mike Norvell and Pat Fitzgerald for what they accomplish with less. Maybe one of the few who think Tom Herman would be a good fit. Neutral on Meyer, deeply opposed to McDaniels
last time we hired a Longhorn named Tom it worked damn fine.
Herman would be a solid choice.
LOVE Pat Fitzgerald.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Campbell is a dark horse for me. Just not sure he "specializes" in any phase of the game. Belichick is a no brainer, but seems like a pipe dream. Have no interest in Kelly or Myles. If it's a NFL coordinator: Saleh, Nick Sirianni of the Colts, Mike LaFluer of the 49ers and maybe Greg Roman or Campbell. Wouldn't surprise me at all if JJ kicks the tires on a guy like Gary Kubiak either

Status
Not open for further replies.