CZ POLL Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020? **merged**

Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Thank God your not the Owner..Harbaugh sucks NEVER won anything ever....cant beat Any top 5 teams in College..0-5 vs Ohio State hes hot garbage and all his players had nothing good to say about him

Took a terrible 49ers team to the SB in just a few years and made Kapernik look like a franchise QB. We could do a lot worse. Just curious who your choice would be? Meyers and his questionable health and lack of NFL coaching experience? Riley who with an ultra talented roster who has won nothing? A career NFL assistant? No such thing as a guaranteed hire but at least Harbaugh has a proven track record in the NFL unlike any of the other guys being mentioned, aside from Peyton who we’d have to give up multiple draft picks to get and pay a Kings ransom for.

dallas72

Reaction score
Took a terrible 49ers team to the SB in just a few years and made Kapernik look like a franchise QB. We could do a lot worse. Just curious who your choice would be? Meyers and his questionable health and lack of NFL coaching experience? Riley who with an ultra talented roster who has won nothing? A career NFL assistant? No such thing as a guaranteed hire but at least Harbaugh has a proven track record in the NFL unlike any of the other guys being mentioned, aside from Peyton who we’d have to give up multiple draft picks to get and pay a Kings ransom for.
Well Jimmy Johnson was unproven aswell...Harbaugh had the#1 Defense in San Fran lol
San Fran had a top Defense the year they went to SB ..Harbaugh isnt a winner...He rubs players the wrong way....Lincoln has had 2 Heisman QBs in a row He develops QBs, hes a run 1st coach and has a great system...Im.not sure but Dallas probably would be better suited w a great Defensive type coach ...Mike Tomlin might be our best option if hes fired...Belichek if Kraft insists on keeping Brady or Peyton if Brees retires ...but being a Michigan fan Harbaugh is disappointing

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We could do alot worse than Harbaugh IMO, but he wouldnt be my first choice. Im not too concerned about what he did at UM, he was a very good NFL coach

My big question with him, is will his personality allow him to have long term success as an NFL HC?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ill thow some of the more discussed names out there and you tell if you for, against, or indifferent with these possibilities

Also keep in mind, this isnt based on your top preference. Just how you would feel about the hire

Urban Meyer

Josh McDaniels

Lincoln Riley

Kris Richard

Jim Harbaugh

Dabo Swinney

Kellen Moore

Greg Roman

Robert Selah

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because of Jerry the acceptable options are very slim. A young unproven coach isn't going to work. He'll get stepped on by the owner and his son. It has to be someone with a big resume as a head coach.

Urban Meyer is the closest thing to that on this list but that's college. I don't know if he could get that kind of respect from Jerry or if he even can succeed in the NFL.

But if I had to pick one from those names that's the one. Everyone else I'm against. Unless Jerry tells me differently in his actions.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ill thow some of the more discussed names out there and you tell if you for, against, or indifferent with these possibilities

Also keep in mind, this isnt based on your top preference. Just how you would feel about the hire

Urban Meyer

Josh McDaniels

Lincoln Riley

Kris Richard

Jim Harbaugh

Dabo Swinney

Kellen Moore

Greg Roman

Robert Selah
I am all in on the Tuna Jr.
Bill Billacheck

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Urban Meyer - Against

Josh McDaniels - Against

Lincoln Riley - For

Kris Richard - Against

Jim Harbaugh - Indifferent

Dabo Swinney - Indifferent

Kellen Moore - Against

Greg Roman - For

Robert Selah - For

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s amazing that KRichard is on the list, and he’s not even the DC.

Says a lot about the type of coach he is.

KRichard is the obvious choice,

he’s a natural born leader.

and he’s a heckuva DEF coach.

something this team needs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Urban Meyer- indifferent

Josh McDaniels- against

Lincoln Riley - for (he will need to toughen up for our roster though)

Kris Richard - against

Jim Harbaugh- for

Dabo Swinney- Indifferent

Kellen Moore - against

Greg Roman- for

Robert Selah- for

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hey Mods can we please have a new Zone call it Coaches lounge or simply coach zone because the 65 open post all about new head coaches a etc etc and griping about coaching in general is taking away from football posts..its that bad I think it needs its own area..its clutter now..most ALL Redundant..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Urban Meyer N

Josh McDaniels N

Lincoln Riley N

Kris Richard N

Jim Harbaugh Indifferent

Dabo Swinney Not leaving Clemson

Kellen Moore N

Greg Roman I

Robert Selah I
I want a D minded HC and if he wants to keep Moore as his OC, I'd be OK with that as long as he brought along a Run Game Coordinator and let Moore be the Pass Game Coordinator.

The question is, as Risen stated, how far will the Joneses go in giving the new HC command? If they continue to show up all the time for coaches and team meetings and be as involved as they are, it doesn't make any difference who they hire.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Until Jerry changes his approach and how the team is managed, the next HC will not matter. It will be same type of person that will agree to work within the existing hierarchy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Urban Meyer - feels like the ideal choice for the situation here

Josh McDaniels - doesn't wow me but probably the best choice of assistant coaches out there

Lincoln Riley - next-level offensive mind, would be #1 choice

Kris Richard - big fan, but I need to see him run a dominant D before I'd hand him the reigns

Jim Harbaugh - type A+ personality, he and Jerry will never ever get along

Dabo Swinney - interesting choice, is he bringing Brent Venables with him?

Kellen Moore - no way in Hades. Outside of retaining Garrett, this is the worst possible scenario

Greg Roman - I get the appeal. He's done some interesting things with Kaepernick and Lamar. Too up and down for me

Robert Saleh - Hot name now but came very close to getting fired in 2018. I feel like if he came here, Jerry would force OC Kellen Moore on him. Not what we need.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Urban Meyer-2nd choice

Josh McDaniels runner up if riley and meyer dont work out

Lincoln Riley 1st choice

Kris Richard NO

Jim Harbaugh MAYBE

Dabo Swinney HMM

Kellen Moore NO

Greg Roman NO

Robert Selah WHO?

HOW ABOUT MATT RULE, BAYLOR OR tcu hc Patterson..

those I LIKE BETTER THEN OUR OLD RETREADS..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
To be fair, most of the problems with the team are the Defense and the Special Teams.

replacing Marinelli and KQuinn with fix a lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.