Who gets credit for us being the 1 scoring offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You’re breaking the season up into fragments to make your argument. That’s silly for a number of reasons.

Overall, through 16 games, the numbers are what they are.

If Dak’s been so average since Week X, then guess what? That means he was REALLY good prior to Week X if our rankings are still that high.

Our D/special teams sucked vs Arizona, right? So no, even those units haven’t been “consistently better than average.”

Psst, one other thing: good teams beat up on bad teams. That’s how you tell them apart. This obsession with stripping credit for our team beating up on bad teams is just odd.

There isn’t a team in the league that consistently beats other good teams, otherwise they’d be huge favorites to win it all. Parity.
I'm not saying Dak wasnt really good prior to week x (probably 7 or so?), you're just assuming i' being a Dak hater by not singing his praises....I was just answering the initial question of a singular person who gets credit for the offense. I struggle to look at a singular person to give credit to. The piece that has been elite level was the defensive turnovers. I'll absolutely give Dak some level of credit, but I dont believe he has been anything more than an average QB this season. Aaron Rogers on this team is the #1 seed right now. Jared Goff on this team we still probably win the East. We are among the top in passing yards, but also among the top in attempts.

I'm just trying to look at this objectively. Without the defense playing as well as it has overall this year, this team is probably .500 at best.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
And another stat to add to this 9 of the 57 TD's the Cowboys have scored this season were scored by the defense or special teams (through punt blocks or returns). So, 15% of the Cowboys scoring total this year was directly by the defense, that's not even including how many of the other 25 TO's gave the offense great scoring position. This all attributed to a league leading +13 TO ratio.

Then take a look at these stats

3rd down percentage 91/215

3rd down percentage 87/215

Total yards: 5949

Total yards: 6444

Yards per play: 5.9

Yards per play: 5.3

These stats are the difference between the 2020 Cowboys offense and the 2021 Cowboys offense. The literal difference in this seasons results are the 33 TO's by the defense. And even with that the difference between the two offenses is pretty negligible. The thing is how do you calculate how much 33 TO's helps an offense? I'm really not sure you can, but it helps immensely.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm not saying Dak wasnt really good prior to week x (probably 7 or so?), you're just assuming i' being a Dak hater by not singing his praises....I was just answering the initial question of a singular person who gets credit for the offense. I struggle to look at a singular person to give credit to. The piece that has been elite level was the defensive turnovers. I'll absolutely give Dak some level of credit, but I dont believe he has been anything more than an average QB this season. Aaron Rogers on this team is the #1 seed right now. Jared Goff on this team we still probably win the East. We are among the top in passing yards, but also among the top in attempts.

I'm just trying to look at this objectively. Without the defense playing as well as it has overall this year, this team is probably .500 at best.
Jared Goff? No. Aaron Rodgers? One of the best to ever do it.

Dak was elite and an MVP candidate early this season, so even if you think he’s been average SINCE then, that doesn’t make him average overall this season.

32 Pass TD, 10 INT and a 100.9 passer rating isn’t “average.”

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
And last stat for these threads:

Tell me the players to these numbers:

The players who corresponds to these numbers are:

Dak Prescott - 100.9
Cooper Rush - Yes Cooper's rating was 104.6 in what I would argue was one of the toughest defenses we've played this year in a hostile environment making his first start ever
Matthew Stafford - 103.5
Geno Smith - Yes in 3 games playing Geno Smith had a 103 rating
Jameis Winston - 102.8
Colt McCoy - 101.4 - Yep you read that correctly
Kirk Cousins - 101.3
Jimmy Garrapolo - 99.6
Carson Wentz - 95.8
Teddey Bridgewater - 94.9
Derek Carr - 94.3
Jared Goff - 90
Mac Jones - 92.5

Passer ratings are not what they used to be even 5 or 10 years ago. The league is for revenue and the rules have made it easier and easier for offenses. I'd make the argument in today's NFL that anything south of 90 or 85 is bad QB play, where has even 10 years ago 85 was a good rating for a QB.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Jared Goff? No. Aaron Rodgers? One of the best to ever do it.

Dak was elite and an MVP candidate early this season, so even if you think he’s been average SINCE then, that doesn’t make him average overall this season.

32 Pass TD, 10 INT and a 100.9 passer rating isn’t “average.”
Average is being nice for some of these games...if we are going off of TD, INT, and Passer rating numbers be careful. Goff is 17/8/90 with a significantly worse supporting cast. Cooper rush in limited time is 3/1/104.

I fully admit I love having Dak as our QB, hes in the top half of QBs in the league, and our situation could be much worst without him. I still stand by my statement that Jared Goff would win the East with this team. 11/12 wins? maybe not. Cant say i'm confident in Goff winning the Pats game for example. I just struggle to look at Dak as a true difference maker this year. Last season? absolutely....hes was the only reason we made games close, and we saw the difference after he went down. This year? I just dont see that player. Teams have adjusted and we need Dak, Kellen, and the rest of the offence to up their game. Can he still be that difference maker? Absolutely, the guy has proven he has the talent to be. Sitting here and saying he is THE guy who deserves credit and praise for the #1 offense the entire NFL despite what our eyes clearly tell us a little overboard though.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Awwww, GI Joke’s having yet another rough day.

Activate “internet tough guy” mode!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Really? Okay, give me a bit to track down the residence and you will see what a 'joke' Iam.

Big_D

Reaction score
so threat of 463 yards in 11 games...hmmmm yeah...I can see that

You can pretend that plays no part in the offense, or that the D doesn’t emphasize stopping him. Or that he hasn’t played a major role for Daks entire career? I’m no fan of Zeke’s contract but the Daksterz crapping all over him… that’s a new one. Some times you forget where you came from?

Funny how a #1 offense thread pops up after a loss where they looked far from it?

irishline

Reaction score
It’s not Zeke.

It’s not the OL.

That leaves the passing game.

And who’s most responsible for the passing game’s success?

Hmm.

Zeke leads the team with 12 TDs, 10 of them rushing but he is not part of the reason? How can that be possible?

I mean he is playing horrible and I can't believe I am somewhat defending the man but he literally is 2nd on the team in scoring (behind someone else who shouldn't be defended, Greg).

He has more rushing TDs than anyone has receiving.

Coy

Reaction score
It’s not Zeke.

It’s not the OL.

That leaves the passing game.

And who’s most responsible for the passing game’s success?

Hmm.
Giants, Washington, Falcons and Eagles Defenses…:laugh: Only half kidding.

Brax

Reaction score
A true and erudition analysis is not going to pop up here.
We don't know.

We like to throng to the simple and all the logistics that comes with a game that involves tens of players and over ten at the same time playing a single down trying to nail a play, whether it's a right, or wrong call is:

Nigh impossible.

So we go back to the simple.
I expect nothing less.

I'm going to go with the simple: Weak schedule.

Did I win?
Did I?

Wheeeeeee!!!!
You win the chicken dinner, lucky you. See the OP for your voucher. And the tread can be closed..........

Nav22

Reaction score
Zeke leads the team with 12 TDs, 10 of them rushing but he is not part of the reason? How can that be possible?

I mean he is playing horrible and I can't believe I am somewhat defending the man but he literally is 2nd on the team in scoring (behind someone else who shouldn't be defended, Greg).

He has more rushing TDs than anyone has receiving.
I commend Zeke for punching in short TDs and being pretty reliable on 3rd and 1. He’s also a good blocker.

He’s still anemic as can be any other time he touches the ball. So no.

Nav22

Reaction score
Really? Okay, give me a bit to track down the residence and you will see what a 'joke' Iam.
OOOOOOH, GI Joke is gonna hunt me down once he stops crying about how much his life SUUUUUUCKS!!!!

MODS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Portnoy1

Reaction score
other teams play bad defenses as well. No reason any other team should not have been as effective. Unless you think everyone is playing top contenders every week and Dallas isn't.
It was supposed to be a joke. But I think the entire O gets credit. The line, the QB, the backs, the receivers and then the guy dialing up the plays. I'm just trying to figure out the inconsistency. If they start fast they win. If they start slow they lose no ands ifs or buts.

Status
Not open for further replies.